NFMS Authority February 14, 2020 02:47PM
Please someone that has the power to make changes turn down the announcers volume , so hard to understand anything it’s soo loud. Got a big headache now

Horrible sound quality February 14, 2020 10:45AM
Sound is horrible. Just a big roar and echos.

Re: Horrible sound quality February 14, 2020 12:46PM
I agree
Up high in 338 and it’s just a loud drone would be better if they didn’t say anything

Re: Horrible sound quality February 16, 2020 05:08AM
I didnt go this year and part of the reason was bc of Dave yelling and down right rudness to pullers he thinks the show is about him !! Dan and miles are 2 of the best

Re: NFMS Authority February 14, 2020 05:29PM
They made a big deal about who was going to take for butch but it wouldn’t have mattered. They could’ve just had no announcers. I’ve sat in three different areas and can’t understand anything. It’s horrible

Re: NFMS Authority February 15, 2020 09:31AM
I gotta say, I sat in the nose bleeds Friday night and could hear everything. But, a person had to REALLY pay attention to understand what was being said. Driver’s introductions - forget it. No one can interpret that. Floor level - all I can hear is mumbling even if I try extremely hard to understand. There’s got to be an improvement of some kind next year. I’m generally a positive minded person - but I admit, it’s bad

Re: NFMS Authority February 15, 2020 09:36AM
Horrible
But I could understand Miles a little better but not much

Re: Horrible sound quality February 15, 2020 10:29AM
I'm fairly sure the issues are due to the removal of the acoustic ceiling tiles for a prior event. They know about the issues but there is nothing that can be done about it this year. Hopefully the ceiling tiles will be replaced for next year's show and sound will be back to normal for 2021.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Horrible sound quality February 15, 2020 01:59PM
Im sorry but “knowing the issues & cant do anything about “is a really lame excuse, fans pay a fair amount of money to be entertained at this event. Be prepared, be professional, do sound checks throughout the place, announcing is their job take it seriously & fix potential problems. No need to be critical of every pull saying what they did wrong ( Dave) It can ruin a show quickly, or it can make a show of anything. Leslie was fantastic, loved the insight she gave. The guys may be “great guys” in all I don’t know; but they need to be better

Re: Horrible sound quality February 15, 2020 04:39PM
Has there ever been anything that's out of your control? Has there ever been anything that hasn't gone exactly how you expected it to? Yeah, that's what happened here. The acoustic tiles were removed for a Christmas Rave or some such thing. They were in terrible shape so they didn't go back in... probably through them away.

They didn't have 19,000 voulenteers to fill the arena to do a sound check with dirt on the floor and all the other variables in place to make sure it was perfect right after the Christmas Rave so they didn't know what they had until Wednesday night. At that point they didn't have any ceiling tiles to put back in, and even if they did, they didn't have the manpower or time to replace them. Without the tiles or baffling the acoustics aren't good.

So what do YOU think they should do? What can they do? The answer was to tune the sound as best they could and live with it until next year.

Bitching and crying and whining about it won't change the fact that sometimes you're just between a rock and a hard place. That's where it stood this year. It sucked but they did their best to manage it as best they could.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Horrible sound quality February 15, 2020 05:31PM
50 plus years doing the event and sound quality gets a pass?

Re: Horrible sound quality February 15, 2020 11:10PM
They don't get a pass, everybody and their brother has mentioned it already. I'm just explaining how it happened and that there was nothing they could do about it. It was the first year without ceiling tiles... It didn't work. As I said, it sucked. They knew it sucked. There was no workable solution.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: NFMS Authority February 15, 2020 09:37PM
I thought the sound would have been fine if they would have shut off Dave's microphone. Dan and Miles were great and spoke clear. Dave seemed like he was yelling into his mic.

Re: NFMS Authority February 16, 2020 01:51AM
Exactly!!

Re: NFMS Authority February 16, 2020 08:58AM
Some of you all have had it out for Dave since the very beginning.... is he perfect? no, but no one is. Dave is a great announcer, one of the best the sport has ever seen. If you can't see that, then I'm not sure what you are watching

Re: NFMS Authority February 16, 2020 09:35AM
I think that the team over the week was okay. Dave in not the issue. He is an outlaw person. Lesley is a PPL person. Dan is East coast person. They all do great in their area of the sport.
They know what a color of a tractor is at the starting line. They can a see green or red tractor is on the starting line, the last crew Butch and Harold could not do that.
Sound was s problem this year because of the tiles so they say.
For the dollar spent to hear the noise in freedom hall is not a reason, just an excuse.
I would like to see a NTPA person involved as well.
Miles is a person in daddy’s foot steps. Not going to give him a pass or a WTF. At times he is good and other times he is out of the loop and looking to make a statement to separate him from others.
Leave the crew alone and see how it plays out.

Re: NFMS Authority February 16, 2020 09:48AM
LivinOrange
Some of you all have had it out for Dave since the very beginning.... is he perfect? no, but no one is. Dave is a great announcer, one of the best the sport has ever seen. If you can't see that, then I'm not sure what you are watching

Dave's biggest turnoff,.. is when he has to analyze the run. It's like armchair quarterbacking on steroids. We all just watched the same pass,..but he has to yap and yap about what the driver just did,...and usually has to throw in Dave's versionEye Rolling of what was all done wrong.

Miles and Dan would be sufficient enough,..however Leslie adds a third dynamic that worked very well this year.

It's just a shame that the powers to be don't like Miles. He would be a great long-term asset to that shows quality IMO. Smoking

Re: NFMS Authority February 16, 2020 11:23AM
So you are saying Daves mic needed turned down, so it wouldn't sound like he was yelling?
How is that daves fault? The sound crew needed to make an adjustment, but instead we should just fire the announcer?

Re: NFMS Authority February 16, 2020 11:47AM
I’ll say this. There were definitely sound issues but it’s a work in progress I’d assume. I would advise the announcers to stick to the classes and drivers they know more about snd differ to the other announcers who may have better knowledge.....,especially in interviews. I thought Dan and Leslie worked well together and think Dave brings a touch of the south (Outlaws) to the mix, which is fine. But there were video missteps and tube issues as well. Nothing ever goes without problems, it just doesn’t. All in all, I’ll be back next year and see how they improve or what changes are made.

Re: NFMS Authority February 16, 2020 12:42PM
I felt it was a well oiled machine other than the sound and the announcers could not help that
As far as Dave goes I thought he done fine and usually he annoys the heck out me so I would say he was asked to tone it down a bit
I just wish I could have heard the interviews they appeared to be interesting
Good job NFMS

Re: NFMS Authority February 18, 2020 08:31AM
All of the announcers do a great job, no problem with any of them, But they could have all stayed home . Could not understand a word that was said the entire week. That part is sad. 1st quality event, none better.

Re: NFMS Authority February 18, 2020 10:24AM
Ok....My 2 cents worth. We sat in the cheap seats at the start line...Lots of room....great view and PERFECT sound. When we did sit down, the sound was poor.....we looked up and they had small speakers in the ceiling on the start line....it was a simple on our end

Re: NFMS Authority February 20, 2020 04:04AM
I agree, way too loud. Doubt I'll go back

Re: NFMS Authority February 20, 2020 04:40AM
IN560
I agree, way too loud. Doubt I'll go back
Youd stay home because the announcer is too loud? what a snowflake! youre at a loud tractor pull there genius. put some ear plugs in if your little ears cant take it. better yet just stay home in your safespace. man this world has too many snowflakes lately.

Re: NFMS Authority February 20, 2020 04:34AM
Didn't sound too bad in the hall near the beer stand... all joking aside, I think the announcers were fine but do believe they needed to adjust Dave's volume. I thought it was a great mix of announcers.

On a side note, I have always thought the sound quality in freedom hall was terrible.

Re: NFMS Authority February 20, 2020 06:40AM
Most big commercial empty spaces built for sports competition are terrible for sound, not much "SOFT" to absorb the sound waves, they then bounce off everything and reverberate all around to make magical sounds our human ears do not enjoy.Many churches and halls have similar issues, without some soft hanging objects to gather and stop sound migration, it is impossible to have much quality. We have to give and take in all instances, some times more, sometimes less, summer outdoors is just around the corner, soon the sun will warm our backs and wind can take the smoke and sound over the neighborhood.

Re: NFMS Authority February 21, 2020 03:45AM
I sat on both sides of freedom hall towards finish line. Thursday night I sat in section 335 in the overhang section. my father and I could not hear nor understand the announcers! Friday and Saturday we were in sections 309 and 310 respectively on finish line. In those 2 sections we could hear everything just fine. So I came to conclude it depended on where the speakers are positioned inside the building. In section 335 all I could hear was echoes and only received bits and pieces of what was being said. Other than that great show!

Re: NFMS Authority February 21, 2020 04:13AM
Yeah I agree seemed like the lower the seats the worse the sound quality. We had that happen to us too. Up top clear as a bell and our floor seats couldn’t understand anything. I’m sure that’ll be different next year

Re: NFMS Authority February 22, 2020 10:25AM
Its so funny as these J O,S set there in there cowboy hats - all from the past years- blabber on and on about stuff and none is right,, simple just dam simple - why would anyone hire or pay for this ? Makes no sense

Re: NFMS Authority February 22, 2020 11:01AM
didn't your Mother teach you -- "THAT IF YOU CAN NOT SAY SOMETHING NICE, -----SAY NOTHING AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL " ?

Re: NFMS Authority February 24, 2020 04:01AM
Who is this dave guy anyway ? Some old guy who just likes to talk? Get rid of that guy, they are everywhere,,

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro