Pro stock February 15, 2020 05:13AM
More Limited Pro
More Light Pro
LESS Pro Stock

The class is irrelevant and out of hand.
We need more Pro Stock like we need more of the light show.
Drop it to one or two nights at the most. The class was lost at component

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 05:34AM
I thoroughly enjoy both the light and limited pro classes and their are surely many other vehicles from each class worthy of pulling at the nfms. However I completely disagree with your opinion of the Prostock class being irrelevant, how did you even come up with that? The class was lost at Component???? No way a cast tractor could endure what a pro engine would put through it. Truth be known in a matter of time both your light and limiteds will likely be component as well.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 05:41AM
Pro Stock is following the path of Nascar. Losing fans because it is unrelatable. And therefore irrelevant.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 05:44AM
That is probably the most inaccurate statement I have heard in a long time.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 05:51AM
Brent Yaron
That is probably the most inaccurate statement I have heard in a long time.
I'd agree. As a fan, Pro Stock is easily my favorite class to watch. So many great running tractors and such a beautiful sound. I do wish they had more limited pros there, but I understand there's only so much they can do!

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 06:06AM
Very hormonal responses

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 07:21AM
My comment regarding technology was somewhat geared towards referencing the use of components, yes not anything new but certainly not 1970s, technology doesn’t automatically mean under the hood, tires have far advanced along with lots of safety equipment, data logging systems etc. I agree the over all idea of creating horsepower hasn’t changed much but I can also see why they are trying to keep efi out of most classes and eliminating traction control “supposedly”, it is hard to police and really isn’t needed but pulling in this day and age is different and has evolved just like everything else we all remember step on sleds and using rope and tape measures for distances don’t we?

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 07:34AM
EFI would have eliminated the tuning issues at the farm show caused by the large temperature swings. Which could provide a better show.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 09:49AM
You obviously have no idea on the performance side of things, pro stocks are knocking 5k hp if not past it, common rail injection is costly and and has just now Been able to hit 3k with nos, efi will never touch mechanical when it comes to raw hp.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 10:35AM
While I agree pro stocks have gained power by leaps and bounds they haven’t approached the 5000 hp mark, 4000 comes first.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 05:52AM
If you feel that you can’t relate to it anymore stick to the farm pulls, it’s not 1970 anymore technology made its way into pulling like it has into everything else in our lives, I suppose you’d prefer narrow front ends too? In that case you’ve lost my interest.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 06:37AM
yet trator pulling rules only allow 1970 based technology

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 06:44AM
And it’s making over 4000 hp. New technology isn’t going to help that but rather make it worse

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 07:05AM
Current technology being used has been available for many many years. They could have made current hp years ago.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 07:20AM
No kidding..... so how much would they make now and how would they contain it? How would that be an improvement?

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 07:20AM
I've always liked the 680 PS class but it's getting crazy having all the other PS classes. Then you throw in different rules for different clubs and wow. It's like the song says I'm not sure I can tell the difference between Iraq And Iran.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 09:16AM
If they could have made all this power years ago, why didn’t they? If someone could have had 4,000 HP when everybody else had 2,500, don’t you think they would have?

If everybody spends another $50,000 to run something new, the sleds will still stop them, they will be back to equal, but $50,000 lighter in the pocketbook. Just the way it has always been.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 09:30AM
Because everyone always buys from one place. These big turbos have been around forever they just werent sold buy a few certain pulling shops. This big jump in power came from someone finally going with what they wanted not what some overpriced shop told them they needed. The turbos being used are small compared to what has always been available.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 08:58AM
There was a “cast” tractor as you call it there that pulled this afternoon. And yes its a true 10 pro. Finished 2nd in points this past season. Strong runner and hasnt had any issues either. Its called Red Power Express.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 09:23AM
6” charger at 4000 plus Brent? Run any national events or just itpa?

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 09:49AM
Not sure what they have on it. Just know it’s a cast rear end. And yes they run ITPA. They are too busy to run around to run nationals.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 10:01AM
Fan
More Limited Pro
More Light Pro
LESS Pro Stock

The class is irrelevant and out of hand. But what do I know I pull my keyboardEye Rolling
We need more Pro Stock like we need more of the light show. My partner get's grabby when the lights go down,...he has strong handsEye Popping
Drop it to one or two nights at the most. The class was lost at component because I don't understand technology,..had the neighbor kid post this for me... Beer [ /quote]

lol you are a good lil' fisherman,....

Cheers,..Billet

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 10:57AM
New to pulling. Is the pro Stock class the red one or the green one?

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 11:18AM
Depends who you askGrinning

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 01:41PM
Somehow the Super Farms and the 2wds and 4wds always run early, why is it that pro stocks are almost always the last class??? Because nobody stays around to watch a 2wd if they were last!!!

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 03:11PM
Less than 30% left in the stands for the champ pull. I wouldn't call that keeping a crowd

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 04:13PM
Hey Fred,

Get over it. NFMS is once a year. If you’re a real pulling fan, you’d stay until whenever. But you just can’t please everyone Aka Fred

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 02:32PM
Guy next to me said the yellow tractor has a green motor. Is that true?

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 02:52PM
That is correct.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 03:14PM
If you're new to pulling, just an FYI. When they say green or red motor, it's just the block. All these guys have custom heads and obviously internals.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 04:28PM
Two yellow ones had green motors in them. One red one had a green motor, One blue one had a red motor, there's a black one that's really a different shade of red with a green motor, and there's even a green one with a red motor. That's just in Pro Stock...

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 05:07PM
Well isn't new holland and case one company now There tractors are made in the same plant So having a so called red or ih engine under a new holland hood is the same as having a red case new holland hood over top of a so called I H engine..Its just updating sheet metal Same as putting a CNH hood over a defunct Case block Or A defunct International Harvester Company Block

Re: Pro stock February 15, 2020 11:21PM
I didn't say it was right or wrong, I just said was the combos were. If that justification works for you then cool. If you don't care what hood it has that's cool too. If you're a purist that justification doesn't hold water but that's fine too.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re:Too many Pro stocks February 15, 2020 05:17PM
I believe the show would be better running a pro stock class on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday nights and dropping Saturday noon class. Cut the numbers back and weed a few out. There is a lot of filler in the pro stock classes. It takes away from you seeing the best of the best like in the other classes.

Re: Re:Too many Pro stocks February 16, 2020 12:20AM
I"m just a fan but curious how much money do these pro stocks have in them.

Re: Re:Too many Pro stocks February 16, 2020 12:37AM
I had one well known pro stock puller tell me it would take over $250k to build a top of the line one.

Re: Re:Too many Pro stocks February 16, 2020 01:20AM
Pro Stock is now what Super Farm was! To many and all run the same make a great time to leave pull and get out early!

Re: Re:Too many Pro stocks February 16, 2020 03:58AM
Staying to watch Bootlegger was worth the wait! If they're all the same why did no one else make a pass like that!

Re: Re:Too many Pro stocks February 16, 2020 05:40AM
Fan 2
Staying to watch Bootlegger was worth the wait! If they're all the same why did no one else make a pass like that!

Double pack from previous tractor. it was 5 foot all week there.

Re: Pro stock February 16, 2020 12:31AM
I don't think we need four sessions of any class. 2 or 3 is plenty. Spread it around a little.

Ounce most pulling fans realize the engine rule in ps is crossing engine brands it will hurt the class. It has for me.

Re: Pro stock February 16, 2020 05:10AM
the pro stock of yesteryear gave pulling fans something to cheer for. An international fan could cheer for international. A john deere fan could cheer for john deere. They at least knew that some part of that pulling tractor represented the tractor of which they were acquainted. Cast rear, block, head, something, etc. Todays pro stock is lacking this important feature. From the posts above it is clear that the class has moved past the cheering sections. Don't get me wrong, i really enjoy watching the class. how could you not? But without question there is not the same fan vigor that used to be with the class. I guess i will join my wife and cheer for the one i think is pretty

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,877, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,989.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM