Unlimited modifieds nfms finals February 15, 2020 03:41PM
"Giddy up" got hosed in finals

Re: Unlimited modifieds nfms finals February 15, 2020 05:21PM
Anyone who drove into the sand pile and did not get to have a pulloff got hosed. Just because the full pull changes from class to class. One time they say 241 next time 243. I say hog wash! Just because a guy lifts to prevent his very expensive engine from ingesting a bucket full off sand, why should he not be allowed in the pulloff? To decide a winner based on how hard he hits the sand pile is ridiculous! You never know which is the best tractor until each competitor spins or dies out without a sand pile holding them back. Just my 2 cents

Modifieds nfms finals February 15, 2020 11:13PM
They are allowed... THEY choose not to come back because of breakage.... or (in the case of the prelims) to save their motor for the finals. You can't make them pull against their will!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2020 11:15PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Modifieds nfms finals February 16, 2020 12:28AM
Setting full pull distance after tractors run is a complete joke! Had Giddy Up known what it was before he ran, maybe he wouldn't have buried it in the sand! Not much "choice" to come back after sucking that much sand in the motors. Would have been a good pulloff!

Re: Modifieds nfms finals February 16, 2020 12:43AM
I agree with needing to set a full pull before they run. Otherwise the puller has to cram it in the sand to make sure it doesn't get set past where he went. And because they can't "play it safe" you get situations like last night where you kill two engines or even tear a front end up.

Re: Unlimited modifieds nfms finals February 16, 2020 12:54AM
I think Ricky has a legitimate beef with the circumstances around his hook. Its pullin tho. some times you get the bounces and sometimes you dont. Congrats to Ricky on a monster pass.

Re: Unlimited modifieds nfms finals February 16, 2020 02:55AM
I have to say I've never understood why they dont set a safe fullpull mark for each class. Pullers have too much money invested to be expected to damage fresh setups with a bucket full of sand. If they feel the need to have a pulloff then make it a lesser distance after the fact. Some classes would need a shorter pulloff distance because of longer wheelbases. In the mod class the top two tractors both had a big head of steam going, Craig just lifted and Ricky didn't. I understand both decisions but for me it shouldn't come to a choice of whether to destroy your equipment or not.

S'no Farmer

Re: Unlimited modifieds nfms finals February 16, 2020 04:42AM
Corzine came a within a few inches of stopping too early. That would have been a travesty too. Pretty fine line there. He obviously was going in the sand. Not sure how you fix that indoors other than say if you're going in the sand shut it off and you get in the pulloff? At least Corzine knew what the full pull distance was, Ricky didn't! That to me is ridiculous for the guys hooking prior to setting the full pull distance!

Re: Unlimited modifieds nfms finals February 16, 2020 07:49AM
The easy fix would be, if any part of your tractor makes a mark anywhere in the sand pile, then you are in the pulloff. No grey area, no argument, mark the sand and you are in. Pretty simple common sense approach. But that would be to simple??

Re: Unlimited modifieds nfms finals February 17, 2020 06:58AM
$100.00 tarp on sand cheap ins.

Re: Unlimited modifieds nfms finals February 17, 2020 07:11AM
Someone in authority, needs to step up and put a stop to the B.S.---- we all cheer more when someone hits the sand pile and goes up !!!! Come on people get a grip, safety First,full Pull ten feet back is just as Glamorous.One in the sand is ok, but not many.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009