Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 12:10AM
What are everyones thoughts about when the smoke tube collapsed and caused the issue with Blagraves run? Its hard to believe that backpressure could cause the tractor to quit or be down on power? Possible that the air being pulled into Red Horse was lower on O2 and therefore could not burn the fuel?

Thoughts?

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 12:18AM
My thoughts were that he simply shut it down as to the fact he couldn’t see ahead of him and possibly the flagger as well

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 02:38AM
I would absolutely say it was the back pressure. I also believe he was laying down the winning run

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 03:47AM
Louisville rule?
If there is a smoke tube problem, back out of it and they will measure you, stay in it and they disqualify you.
Stan backed out of it.

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 04:35AM
He broke right in front of me and it was definitely a smart choice to back off, I’ve watched the video I took over and over and you couldn’t see him or the front of the tractor,very crappy situation

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 12:56AM
Back pressure will absolutely hurt power

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 12:22PM
Looks like it might be time to allow a bigger pipe on a DSS. I think that alone is choking them down also. Be interesting if any of them ran back pressure sensor to get that reading.

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 01:59PM
The fan pulling on the smoke tube out side the building sucks harder than the engine blows other wise it would be of no use

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 02:10PM
why no video of snafu

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 02:33PM
Here is a link to the video

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 03:03PM
clearly a malfunction, why no rehook

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 03:24PM
He did re-hook.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Red Horse re hook February 16, 2020 10:59PM
thanks, -how did the rehook end up,with too much heat in the engine and Murphy's Law against it.

Re: Red Horse re hook February 17, 2020 12:06AM
Attached are the complete results of the class

Re: Red Horse re hook February 19, 2020 01:55AM
It is very obvious sitting in the stands the diesel supers and some diesel pros are overpowering the smoke machine or tube, when they rev up the tube grows in length by 10 or more ft. That is why there is a size limit on the pipe. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know two short pipes into one long pipe will have restriction . I don't know their flow numbers but I would bet that Galot's cylinder head flows more air than any diesel. The smoke machine would not have a chance hooked to alky supers. Mark M.

Re: Red Horse re hook February 17, 2020 01:56AM
Absolutely 100% cost him the win. Everyone involved did the right thing it was just a bad deal

Re: Red Horse re hook February 17, 2020 02:27AM
I'm not 100% sure he was going to win but it was going to be second place at the very least and it was going to be very, very close... just like they were the night before with the speed he had he might have just edged out GALOT II.

I don't know if Stan let off the throttle (nobody could see him with all the smoke) or if the smoke and back pressure just killed the engine but either way it snuffed it in a hurry. Their rehook was still a pretty pass but it never had the ground speed of the first hook. At 150 ft you just knew that it wasn't on the same caliber of pass as the first one.

Overall it was an awesome show and it was extremely exciting to see which fuel would win. I'm already excited to see them run against each other next Winter.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2020 02:39AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Red Horse re hook February 17, 2020 03:00AM
If you watch the video on their Facebook page you can tell by the sound he didn't let out but it was snuffed out.

Re: Red Horse re hook February 17, 2020 05:04AM
Maybe - but when the engine has to suck in exhaust complete with a lot of soot, it isn't going to run well. They did the right thing by re-hooking him.

Re: Red Horse re hook February 17, 2020 06:43AM
I agree and not saying he shouldn't have rehooked. It was obvious something affected the tractor and caused it to lose power, most likely the back pressure and dirty intake air.

Re: Red Horse re hook February 17, 2020 07:03AM
rehook for sure, -- showed smoke tube flattened, however the second close in time run usually never matches first hook

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009