NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. February 29, 2020 09:47AM
I thought that this years show was one of the best I have seen in years. The light show, 2 sessions of LSS and the combo SS class were a real good change. However in my perfect world I would like to see the show go to 3 PS classes and move the combo SS class to the closing class of the Saturday night show. The class that could replace the 4th PS class could be an additional Lt PS class or the 4.1 class and I would love to see LLSS class be given a chance. And the Mini class for Saturday afternoon would be a refreshing change for the fans. I realize that with the Mini class there might be a space issue with an additional sled, however I believe that the committee could work that out also. I think that when the committee upgades the smoke tube rules the combo class will be a very interesting class. Having said that I would like to see 8 from the combo class go to the Saturday night finals.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2020 09:59AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. February 29, 2020 10:29AM
I agree completely dick, this was my 29th year at Louisville! It's a very sentimental place for my family and I, not just the pull but the farm show too, this years pull and show was probably the best I've seen in years as well, I've said for years they need to bring back the minis!! Dont get me wrong I love love love prostocks!! Its my favorite class but 4 classes is to many, maybe even go to two classes, I think there is enough 4.1 strong competitors out there to make two classes, not so much on the light pros i dont think yet, there are just so many classes in the pulling world these days it's hard to pick a d choose what classes to bring in. I love the constant change every year, I think that is a necessity to create excitement! I know a couple of the fair board members personally and some people that work for the fair board and I know the tremendous amount of time and work they put in and I cant wait till NFMS2021

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. February 29, 2020 12:58PM
I understand your comment on the LSS, however it’s not like the tractors that went half track were slouch tractors. Stuff happens, but you can’t say that any of the tractors didn’t belong.

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. February 29, 2020 01:51PM
I deleted a comment out of this thread because the person posting couldn't seem to refrain from foul language. The comment was a good comment but I want my kids to be able to read these comments so please keep things at a family level.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 01, 2020 10:21AM
In a perfect world....
Wednesday- super farm
Modified
Modified 4wd
Prostock

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 01, 2020 10:28AM
Thursday- limited pro
Twd
Super farm
Light super
Friday- limited pro
Twd
Prostock
Super stock mix
Saturday noon- 4x4 diesel
Light pro
Mini rods
Light supers
Saturday night- super farm
Modified
Twd
Light super
Prostock
Super stock mix

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 01, 2020 12:19PM
I thought this years show was pretty good I always enjoy my time there. The thing that makes this pull its the best of the best, there is not enough quality light supers that can compete withcheziks or hootman at best you got maybe 15 not 24 so what’s wrong with a class with extra but everybody wants to cut pros but every pro there has a shot they are all that good for the most part. The word in the pits couldn’t stop Boyd’s with those tires his tractor was on display had mitts same thing all others had so how long before they can’t stop any of them. The twd should be put in with telehandler the fumes in upper deck get bad enough much less them things going half way down to back up to the sled and there’s a class to cut from 24 to 15 you want minis how many blower motor classes you got to have maybe put all those on one night and then we can all do something else that night. Yes there needs to be more 4.1s there is also enough good super farms for more than 24, as far as the mix class it’s fine but to be realistic once they get the exhaust on diesels fixed it will come down to Galton chezeks lustics Ross blagrave beck and hunt so adding another of that is a waste the show is The best of the best. I have already purchased tickets for next but if they would ever change to the format of ubove they would go back I wouldn’t need them. I pull in a state class in a perfect world would I like to see my class there yes but I’m realistic it take quality tractors in Louisville and that’s what stops a lot of classes in Louisville.
As far as a announcer Leroy Schlueter does a great job for the Itpa and at Gordyville the interviews would have been nice to here but the sound system was what it was this year, a camera more showing what goes on in the pits and talking to drivers there would be interesting maybe talk to some first time guys they may not ever make it back .

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 01, 2020 12:14PM
NFMS pull is supposed to be the super bowl of truck and tractor pulling, that means only the best trucks and tractors from each class deserve to be there. I love pro stocks but honestly some pro stocks don't deserve to be there. But since there are so many sessions of pro stocks it leaves space for class fillers to join and the fair board actually has a hard time getting all the pro stock spots filled. This year was a great show but there is still room for improvement, so my advice is to cut back on the pro stocks sessions. Make it so that only champions pull there and give LLSS and Minis a chance. If Light pro and Ltd pro are there then LLSS deserve to be there too.

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 01, 2020 02:08PM
Tractors only, no pick ups twd or mods

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 01, 2020 10:40PM
I would like to see minis

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 02, 2020 01:54AM
Look, there has to be some disparities in the classes each night. Fir all those who wanna get rid of the truck classes, you gonna fill 5 sessions? ..... with what? Look, for anyone that attended this years pull, looked to me as if there weren’t many seats empty as the week wore on. Things can be adjusted and tweaked but seems to me if the show “needed a massive overhaul”, those seats would be empty. I’d like to see minis added to Saturday afternoon and and that class of prostock eliminated.

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 02, 2020 02:11AM
Would love to see Minis in freedom hall. Also hope they get the diesel super exhaust pipe figured out. I love the LLSS class but don’t see it being a Louisville class. While I think the PS class every session gets to be a little much, I think it is the most solid class to pull every night, especially since a lot of spectators don’t attend every session. May be time to do away with super farm and add more limited/light pros

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 02, 2020 04:38AM
Since we’re going to just put what we would like to see every vehicle need a smoke tube( nothing but smoke)
And Dave replaced with Leroy schluter

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 02, 2020 05:27AM
I do not get how anyone can say that the combo class was anything but awesome and competitive for both fuels. It was obvious a diesel could win, and the best one (do not believe there would be any argument over it being the best) didn’t even get to go down the track due to the exhaust pipe restriction.

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 02, 2020 04:55AM
I've had 7 seats to every session since 1997. With that being said I've seen changes to classes now for a little bit. While I enjoy watching the mods all summer long, I'm not a fan of them at NFMS. I feel like they can't run with such a short track and many people around me including myself have small kids and that's just not a friendly indoor class. Almost everyone is out in the hall with that class pulls. I also agree with the idea of maybe cutting back the prostock class. I thought it was great to see the Lightweight Super Stock Alcohol Tractors but was disappointed in the combining ,200lb Diesel SS & 8,000lb Alcohol SS Tractors. Their a reason that they are separated during the summer and I feel like we received a glimpse of that at NFMS.

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 02, 2020 06:03AM
Drove 120 miles each way the 2 night the Mods ran! They are the only reason I've ever gone there even though I do like some of the other classes. No mods, no more trips for me! As for the crowd being in the hallway, that is baloney! Pull up the videos and it proves you wrong.

Re: NFMS 2021 what I would like to see. March 02, 2020 06:11AM
Nfms ticket holder since 97
Their a reason that they are separated during the summer and I feel like we received a glimpse of that at NFMS.

Correction: There is a reason they were separated 20 years ago in the year 2000. This is 2020, not 2000. Times have changed. Circumstances have changed. It's time to adapt to the time and situation and combine the classes on a national level.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009