Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 02, 2020 03:56AM
Random thought with the news about coronavirus:

Sometimes timing works for or against everyone. NFMS benefitted by about two weeks with the virus news.

Had a big national event like that occurred this past weekend, they would have likely still drawn a big crowd, but I wonder if overall attendance would have dropped by 10-15%. Hypothetically, if NFMS was a March event, depending on both the spread AND media/general public reaction to it, if the show were held two weeks from now, attendance could have taken a big hit.

It will be intetesting to see how people react with upcoming big events such as NCAA and Conference bball tourneys, upcoming NASCAR races, Wrestlemania, etc.

As I mentioned, timing can be a blessing or curse, especially with circumstances beyond our control.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2020 03:58AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 02, 2020 07:31AM
I'm a big wrestling fan,already talk on forums about cancelling it.im going to pulls no matter what,its my summer entettainment

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 02, 2020 08:46AM
coronavirus map

The map in the link shows where the 86...86 cases in the U.S. are concentrated. Look closely.

Here's the takeaway from this virus and 100% of other communicable diseases:

-Wash your hands and practice good hygiene.

Having said that, during this current flu season 18,000 people have died, and the flu shot itself is a complete guess at what strain will be dominant every flu season. I'm local to Louisville and the flu outbreak was at it's peak during the show locally. If you were washing your hands and practicing good hygiene at the show, you likely didn't get sick. Two older men with pre-existing conditions in Washington State have died from this virus...18,000 have died nationwide from the flu...young, old, and everyone in between.

I say all that to recognize that Michael could be correct, but only because of knee-jerk reactions from the "experts." So...are we blessed or cursed, or neither?

My choice is this: There's a ton of pulling this month in various places across the midwest...I hope the "experts" don't exploit a false narrative that runs opposite to this virus' reality. I'm going to tractor pulls every weekend this month and going to continue to wash my hands and practice good hygiene...like I do anyway. I hope you all join me at these events if opportunity allows it. I'm blessed, we're blessed...just keep washing your hands

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 02, 2020 09:27AM
regular flu has been killing (from the CDC ),12,000 - 60,000 per yr in the US alone, some estimates as high as 90,000 per yr flu related deaths, this new one has about a 2% death rate which is several times higher than other flu viruses.Life goes on. We kill around 100 per day in vehicle accidents, no one thinks about not driving.

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 02, 2020 09:57AM
Georgee
regular flu has been killing (from the CDC ),12,000 - 60,000 per yr in the US alone, some estimates as high as 90,000 per yr flu related deaths, this new one has about a 2% death rate which is several times higher than other flu viruses.Life goes on. We kill around 100 per day in vehicle accidents, no one thinks about not driving.

More than one way to look at it.
Corona-virus is close to 20 times more deadly.
If it becomes as common as the regular Flu what does that do to your 90,000 number?
The Knee jerk reaction was an effort to stop the virus before it could get out of control.
There is a good chance this is part of our lives now.
I thought it was 6 deaths in the US now? Out of 86

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 02, 2020 02:59PM
The flu is bad and so is the Corona virus. That 20 times more deadly number... That's from China. That's not comparing apples to apples. It's a communist country. If the world wasn't watching they would take anyone with symptoms and get rid of them! They certainly didn't get the treatment they needed. As for the deaths in America, well the virus was in a personal care home. Everyone in there already had compromised immune systems. It was the worst place the virus could have entered our country in terms of causing a panic. I think if everyone keeps their head about them and practices good hygiene, this really won't be a big issue.

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 03, 2020 12:49AM
China is not backwoods they are the #2 economic super power in the world. Sure they are communist but it doesnt mean they are backwoods. They make ALL our pharmaceuticals. They built hospitals in days. Being a communist country is probably easier to contain the virus compared to here since the people are used to being oppressed by the gov already. It probably will spread more here since we have more money to travel and we move around much more than other countries. [Before some moron thinks i like the commies no I'm a capatolist and this virus isnt political].
Italy currently has a 2.6% death rate
US currently has 5.8% death rate
not exactly backwoods countries!!!!!!!!
Alot of old people and sick people and kids will be victims. It will change how we gather and it will hurt fairs and pulls this summer.

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 03, 2020 01:21AM
we mostly feel entitled here so we can travel and have the right to corrupt and break quarantine, many folks here have that mentality. Fast expansion is what is going to be the problem, the more that get it the More That Get It, we are very mobile which is high risk.

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 02, 2020 09:54AM
Good tell tale too is my wife always checks to see who or whats playing at the Yum Center and have found some good acts there while NFMS is going on

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 02, 2020 02:56PM
Don't drink the Mexican beer!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 02, 2020 03:29PM
This feels like we are in a Stephen King book.. Sad

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 02, 2020 03:55PM
gonzo 1066
This feels like we are in a Stephen King book.. Sad

You mean like The Stand?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 03, 2020 05:44AM
All part of a bigger plan
Can’t see the forest for the trees
When they tell us we’re all going to have to stay in our homes for a week nationwide look out because something is going on that we’re not supposed to see
I stumbled across something written in a book written in 1981 that talks about this virus to a tee and it began in Wuhan China
It is almost word for word identical

Re: Timing can be blessing or curse (NFMS) March 03, 2020 06:29AM
Bailey is right! There is more to this than meets the eye. The prophesies of the Bible are playing out and have been for years right before our very eyes. The mass media fake news channels do not share real numbers of deaths related to common flu viruses in this country and the world. They are trying to make this corona virus political, due to this being a presidential election year. Corona is not new. If you read on the back of a Lysol can, you will find this virus listed. It's just another strain of bird flu. I would not be surprised if Chinese government didn't genetically modify this virus to make an I'll attempt at population control and it is now spreading. Like Bryan said, wash your hands and use common sense. As for, For reals comment on "They make All of our pharmaceuticals". This is not true. We have many pharmaceutical companies producing and developing drugs right here in the USA. The media is trying to stir mass hysteria and fear in the people of America. And for what? Political gain and nothing more. Wake up people and trust in the Lord and all will be ok.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009