Outside trailer lighting help March 05, 2020 04:12AM
I'm wanting to put a couple of 120v lights on the outside of my trailer. We go to a lot of pulls that have poor pit area lighting. Looking for recommendations on a brand to use. I live several miles down a county gravel road that is not well maintained so I need something that will hold up to bumps and rattles and not blow out after a couple weeks. Thanks

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 05, 2020 05:20AM
Use LED lighting, uses less battery power & bumps don't knock out the filament like an incandescent bulb

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 05, 2020 05:49AM
I want to install some 120v lighting that will run off a generator

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 05, 2020 07:58AM
120 volt a/c LED

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 05, 2020 08:27AM
When I do electrical work in Mexico I always look for LED that have a voltage range from 90-240 volts. The electronics within the bulb will adjust to the voltage being supplied. On a side note LED is far superior to shock and vibration.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 05, 2020 08:59AM
Yeah, I learned that LED are a must very quickly when I installed 120v interior lights on the trailer. Just wanting to see what anybody else had good or bad luck with, brand wise for exterior 120v lighting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2020 09:00AM by limproinmo.

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 06, 2020 12:53AM
If you want to look at top of the line stuff for ideas,,,,,
Whelen
Scene Lighting.
Fire departments and emergency response crews use them.
Up to the task, and very bright!
Have never priced them, but with Whelen their price will be up there. But so is quality and reliability.

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 06, 2020 02:48AM
Thanks for the input. Everything I could find on their website is 12v, and yes, very pricey lol.

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 06, 2020 03:16AM
Go to Walmart, Home Depot, Menards, etc., or Amazon.

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 06, 2020 11:29AM
Use the 12v led from Northern Tool or Tractor supply and hook them to a deep cycle battery and charge the battery with your generator.
Probably more durable and less expensive.

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 06, 2020 06:20AM
Just go on ebay, you can buy the aluminum light buckets that mount throught the side of your trailer as well as 120 volt LED flood lights. Ive used them for years traveling all over without an issue.

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 06, 2020 12:09PM
I used all LEDs when I built my trailer. They are powered by the house batteries in the trailer that run the winches and the jack. The batteries are charged by the generator in my coach. Very pleased with how all of it works. I have 2 lights on the side and 2 on the back that will light up about an acre when turned on.

Re: Outside trailer lighting help March 07, 2020 02:50AM
Thanks Richard, the more I look into it, I think this is my best option

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM