NFMS vs Indy Super Pull March 22, 2020 01:04AM
*Indy Super Pull refers to the indoor event at the Coliseum, not the PPL grandstand pull that ran a few years.

For the approximately 20-year time period when both events ran (1974-1994ish for ISP), which one did you prefer? I'm not positive the last year for ISP.

NFMS first started the prelim/finals format in 1993, so the comparison should mainly be the NFMS from pre-Finals years.

Re: NFMS vs Indy Super Pull March 22, 2020 02:10AM
Why did the Indy super pull come to an end?

Re: NFMS vs Indy Super Pull March 23, 2020 11:05AM
Personally I liked the ISP. Different ways to qualify over the years but always cold, snowy, and fun. Art Arfons blowing off ceiling tiles. Dave Banter sitting in front of tire with a motor in drivers seat. Tim Engler delivery Mission Impossible to Earl Henderson and sled malfunctions and Engler taking tractor and sled out opening at end of track. Great times at Omni Hotel after pulls with Gardner and others having liquid refreshments.

Re: NFMS vs Indy Super Pull March 23, 2020 11:50AM
I can remember one Super Pull when Bruce Hutcherson from Vevay, Indiana (Makin Bacon) blew a spark plug out of the right side engine. It stuck in the plywood which was 1 row in front of us. At most pulls he had a unique way of getting the tractor to hook up. He would hammer it hard right off the line and the front would head for the sky. He would let off for just a second until the front tires were about a foot off the track again and then full throttle again and carry the front to the beach.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard