Unl---Voreis---American Thunder------ 2nd place Purser---Uncle Sam

Semi---Collins---Buckeye Bulldog------- 2nd place Aitkens---JPT

SF------T Wisel---Irrational Behavior------ 2nd place Pettus----Dixie Deere

LSS----Peissig----Bomb------- 2nd place Phillips----Insanity

TWD----R Petro---Kathy's Komplaint------- 2nd place J Petro----2Timin

SSO--- Kwiatkowski ---TCOB------ 2nd place Lustik----Silver Bullet

SMFWD---- McConnell---Yellow Fever------ 2nd place Lowe----Insta Gro

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 13, 2009 05:08AM
Boxlers in DSS class... they are on a mission after blowing up last year... cant wait for Friday nights class

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 13, 2009 06:02AM
In SSO, I expect that Lustik will be in Hamburg (PPL precommit). Also, Aaron Hull is pulling Kwiatkowski's TCOB and I expect that he'll also be in Hamburg.

PS isn't being contested in Hamburg so those PPL pullers might show up in Bowling Green.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 13, 2009 06:16AM
Lustik is behind Roberts in PPl by 150 points and is leading ntpa in points and Takin care of Biz is only behind the bullet by 4 points in the ntpa class, they will both be at Bowling Green.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 13, 2009 08:38AM
Will either of them be at Saluda this weekend? Aren't they running the SSO class. Points race won't matter if they don't make the trip south. I would bet that Hulls would hook in Hillsboro instead of spending the fuel to South Carolina.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 13, 2009 05:38PM
Given that Hillboro is a Champions Tour event and that it is pulling the ULSS class, I would expect both to be at Hillsboro, especially Hull who is located in the same state.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 13, 2009 05:32PM
Regardless of the points situation, Lustik would risk losing his precommit money if he doesn't show at Hamburg. Isn't that the whole purpose of having precommits -- to ensure that those pullers will attend Champion Tour events?

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 14, 2009 12:59AM
Lustik didn't make Freeport(Ses. 1) or Macon - both PPL Champions Tour Events, so I would expect him @ BG, as well as Hull's with Kwiatkowski's TCOB(only been at a few PPL hooks) - guess we will find out a week from today.

Hurricane Allis at Bowling Green August 14, 2009 02:00AM
Sure would love to see the Hurricane at Bowling Green. With no PPL Pro Stocks at Hamburg will there be many going to Bowling Green.

Re: Hurricane Allis at Bowling Green August 14, 2009 03:44AM
there will be some. I think if the track is good and really good that Carlton cope has a really good shot at a ring! that thing sounds so nasty! Tim cain has been to consistant all year though

Not so sure Cope is a legit contender yet August 14, 2009 05:31AM
I've seen Cope run 5 times this year on the OSTPA, hes decent, but hes isnt gonna win a ring anywhere. He cant beat the Linders, Shope, or even Rampage. Hes a fun guy to watch, but is a bit over hyped. If the Mastersons show up in BG they will get they ring. The Boyds, Maize, and Teipen won't be there, probably the 4 best PS's in the world. Its tough to say who will win, but it will be a PPL ProStock, no doubt about that. It's been a PPL Pro last 2 years, that won't change.

This whole BG ring thing is a joke, the real ring winners won't be there, like the Boyds, Roberts, Ken Veney, Sullivans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2009 05:31AM by Buckeye.

Re: Not so sure Cope is a legit contender yet August 14, 2009 05:57AM
dont forget parrish

Re: Not so sure Cope is a legit contender yet August 14, 2009 06:23AM
You have got to be kidding! Maize and Teppin arent even in the top ten. Boyds and Masterson are; along with Cain and Lawyer.Shramek and Parrish probably are. Wileman Lemke and Boersons are down this year. Littles tractors are very weak. Bottom halve of NTPA and PPL not very good this year. Seen both circuits several times. Neither as good as last year. (numbers and quality) Hook and Orrell have been better than some of the precommits.

Re: Not so sure Cope is a legit contender yet August 14, 2009 08:55AM
I wouldn't call Parrish a PPL Pro Stock and he won the ring last year

Re: Not so sure Cope is a legit contender yet August 14, 2009 09:17AM
Put your money on EL Nino, dominated last year and at Louisville, expect more of the same.

Cope can't beat Linders, et al? August 14, 2009 11:00AM
Youtube is your friend. You should learn how to use it and alleviate your ignorance.

[www.youtube.com]

This is from '08 when Warpath had clutch problems. Carlton smoked (sorry for the pun) EVERYONE in this class including Rampage, Linders, and most other REI Deere that run OSTPA.

Re: Cope can't beat Linders, et al? August 15, 2009 01:05AM
If u took 500 pounds away from boyd he wouldnt have a shot either!!! Carlton has to run light to satisfy ostpa crybabies and that makes the one gear he has way too slow for most tracks!! if you get him on the bg track with 10000lbs its game on!!!

Re: Cope can't beat Linders, et al? August 15, 2009 01:13AM
I have heard lots about Cope's tractor, and I believe it's a good runner alright. It will definitely be interesting to watch at BG.

Re: Cope can't beat Linders, et al? August 15, 2009 09:17AM
What do you mean "has to run light"? Is he running lighter than everyone else for some reason?

Re: Cope can't beat Linders, et al? August 18, 2009 03:16AM
Funny, if hes in too low a gear, (too slow) why has he gotten under his turbo as of late? And that extra 550, would only compound him getting under his turbo, because that usually means, too-high-a-gear, more weight more bite.

Not so sure who the crybaby on the ostpa is, all the other PS guys like the Linders, Schmucker, Honoshofsky, Campbells, Walters, and Cespedes are always chatting with him and checking the tractor out.

Re: Cope can't beat Linders, et al? August 15, 2009 01:23AM
He had clutch probs and it was leaving way too early when he stabbed the throttle it flutttered a bit but picked it up and blew them away!!

Re: Not so sure Cope is a legit contender yet August 14, 2009 02:19PM
I would be SHOCKED if Boyds were there. They are PPL poster people.

no offense August 14, 2009 05:37PM
but what is teipens tractors name and El nino won the ring last year

Re: no offense August 15, 2009 04:03PM
Teipen has been driving Don Masterson's Tinker Toy.

Re: Not so sure Cope is a legit contender yet August 14, 2009 06:29PM
4 best in the world???
boyd yes
teipen hasn't pulled in 3-4 years
maize is very nice guy but don't think he's earned nearly that good ranking yet

Re: Not so sure Cope is a legit contender yet August 30, 2009 02:16PM
Man you should stop trying to rank and say whether or not you think the pullers are the best or not. They are all their for us (the fans) so we can enjoy the show and because they love the sport. Any tractor that shows up to BG is for real period. Its the best pull in the world so i don't know why you are calling it a joke. Ask any puller who has won the ring and see it they call it a joke. Your saying "if" some other pullers were there they would win but nobody knows that for sure. They could show up to pull and throw a rod or blow a turbo.

Re: Hurricane Allis at Bowling Green August 14, 2009 02:58PM
That's funny right there!

Re: Hurricane Allis at Bowling Green August 16, 2009 03:56AM
As of Friday night they weren't sure if they were going to BG or not. After a nice win last night though, I bet they'll make the trip.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 14, 2009 10:20AM
I know that Lustiks are going to Saluda this weekend so I would pretty much expect he will be in Bowling Green next weekend.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 14, 2009 07:07AM
How are you suppose to be capable of picking the ring winners when you don't even know that the SMFWD's don't even run there. haha But your picks for the most part are pretty good. Mini class i think you would have to go with Bauer or Koesters.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 14, 2009 07:44AM
or petro

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 14, 2009 02:26PM
Look for a "dark horse" this year. The top dogs will be in the hunt for sure, But, I think it will be someone else. Stud monkey, Max Smith, Fairbanks, Thompson.................

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 14, 2009 05:20PM
I think Kevin Lynn is going to take the ring in the LSS class this year...He's on a roll so far this year and is way out in front in the GN points

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 14, 2009 11:51PM
I think Dixie Deere will win super farm. Counce can get more out of this tractor then anybody sorry guys but it is a fact. There are rumors flying that Counce may not make it because of another conflict. Cain will winprostock.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 14, 2009 11:57PM
I heard masterson maybe driving Dixie Deere this year again.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 15, 2009 12:36AM
I HEARD YESTERDAY KAVAN MAY PILOT THE DIXIE DEERE AT BG.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 15, 2009 11:37AM
As big as an IH fan as I am, the Cains arent in the Boyds or Mattersons league. And Parrish is more PPL than anything, outside of BG he almost never pulls NTPA, whereas he does make quite a few PPL hooks. The Boersons, Shope, and Linders are good people, good tractors, but not in league of the PPL guys. Last year it was Parrish, 07 was tinker toy(the mastersons tractor) I believe Dennis Miller drove. Everybody on this board knows that the Green Streaks would stomp BG if they went. Heck Dorman and the Allis could even sneak one out.

If someone would like to place a wager on that fact, please do so, a PPL guy will win the ring, again, book it.

As big of a Warpath/Carlton Cope fan, there are people that over-rate him. He did have an amazing run in Mt. Vernon Ohio last July and did beat Rampage that hook, it was awesome to see in person 15 feet away. But this year, right now, hes consistently 3-4th best Pro Stock on the OSTPA. Its not an opinion, its fact, check the results. Hes a step behind Schmucker, Linder, and Shope, right now hes not there yet. And those guys are another step behind the top notch guys.

Remember this is his first year with the new component, and hes still looks to be getting the weights and gears right. Thats a myth that hes running at 9,000 lbs, hes at 10 like everyone else. No need to go making up crap. I love the tractor, but he'll be middle of the pack at BG again.

Oh BTW, when I said Scott Teipen(top 4 PS) I meant this year when hes driving Barely Getting Bye, he doesnt run BG either.

Re: lesson for Buckeye August 15, 2009 12:46PM
Please name specifically which PPL events El Nino has hooked at this year.

If you go to midsouthpullers.com, (which is an NTPA member state), and look at results, you will find him at almost every Mid South PS hook this year. Please tell us on what basis you are saying El Nino is a PPL tractor. This should be more entertaining than Obama trying to tell us the Healthcare plan doesn't say what it says.

Re: lesson for Buckeye August 15, 2009 01:28PM
He was at Evansville and Fairfield, how many NTPA regional or Grand National Hooks has he made his year? Oh, yeah, care to talk about last year? how many NTPA to PPL hooks did he make? The guy pulls more PPL Grand events.

The Mastersons pull mid-south as well, yet they are most defiantly PPL guys. Of course Parrish makes the KY and TN hooks, since thats the close to home.

And if hes an NTPA guy, why isnt he up in the points on the mid-south, if he was registered, he'd have points.

Parrish is a ppl guy, if he was an NTPA guy, he'd hit the GN circuit more than the PPL, but he doesnt, when he pulls outside his area, its PPL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2009 01:35PM by Buckeye.

Re: lesson for Buckeye August 15, 2009 01:56PM
how can you say that the boyd's would dominate? Steve is winning the points but both masterson tractors are ahead of GS2.........they sure didnt dominate hillsboro last night

buckeye it is simple August 16, 2009 01:57PM
NTPA pros don't hook close to where he lives. PPL does and he is not a PPL or NTPA tractor. He has a pro stock tractor that he takes where ever he wants to. Good for him.

Re: buckeye it is simple August 16, 2009 02:12PM
Sully, after reading all this on here you are right. Parish goes were he wants, ITPA last nite, midsouth the week before that, NTPA GN at salem 2 weeks ago, fairfield and evensville before that, then more midsouths in early july. The guy has a prostock, cares nothing about chasing points and just likes to go pulling.

Re: lesson for Buckeye August 19, 2009 06:25PM
Better re-check the PPL site. The Streaks are 1 & 2 in the points.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 17, 2009 03:35PM
Buckeye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> As big of a Warpath/Carlton Cope fan, there are
> people that over-rate him. He did have an amazing
> run in Mt. Vernon Ohio last July and did beat
> Rampage that hook, it was awesome to see in person
> 15 feet away. But this year, right now, hes
> consistently 3-4th best Pro Stock on the OSTPA.
> Its not an opinion, its fact, check the results.
> Hes a step behind Schmucker, Linder, and Shope,
> right now hes not there yet. And those guys are
> another step behind the top notch guys.
>
> Remember this is his first year with the new
> component, and hes still looks to be getting the
> weights and gears right. Thats a myth that hes
> running at 9,000 lbs, hes at 10 like everyone
> else. No need to go making up crap. I love the
> tractor, but he'll be middle of the pack at BG
> again.

Get your facts straight Buckeye. Warpath has had 500lbs taken away from him on several OSTPA pulls this season. Warpath has been ahead of the guys you mentioned this season. You are right on one thing. He has been a consistant 3, 4, or 5 this season, with a couple 1's along the way. Watch the video's and compare. Any da can tell Warpath has not been at full throttle yet this year. Carlton Cope/Warpath has nothing to prove. The past two seasons he has put himself and Warpath on top at one point or another. Period. Like someone else mentioned, get educated. Watch video and compare. BG will be his someday. Will it be this year? Stay tuned!!

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 17, 2009 03:44PM
Dont need to watch youtube, I see Cope run all the time. Like tonight at Millersburg, had a great run, but was 5th again. The hooks he's won have been on the USA East Smoker Series that has no premier ProStocks running on it when the Martins aren't there. He's won one OSTPA hook, Carrollton, which is great.

You need to educate yourself more, and quit being a homer about it, he's not there yet, hes not in that upper tier yet. I think he will be ASAP, like next year. He close, hes pretty much a pioneer right now, hes the first successful V8 Perkins. But he's not a top notch ProStock yet, thats pretty clear watching him once a week.

Dont get me wrong, Cope's my favorite Pro around Ohio, but his youtube fame has gotten way overblown and out of hand. Its mostly people wanting and hoping for a pro that can kick some deere butt, which I want as well. But i'm not gonna pretend that my fav tractor is alot better than he actually is.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 18, 2009 12:25AM
Buckeye Wrote:
> Dont need to watch youtube, I see Cope run all the
> time. Like tonight at Millersburg, had a great
> run, but was 5th again. The hooks he's won have
> been on the USA East Smoker Series that has no
> premier ProStocks running on it when the Martins
> aren't there. He's won one OSTPA hook, Carrollton,
> which is great.
>
> You need to educate yourself more, and quit being
> a homer about it, he's not there yet, hes not in
> that upper tier yet. I think he will be ASAP, like
> next year. He close, hes pretty much a pioneer
> right now, hes the first successful V8 Perkins.
> But he's not a top notch ProStock yet, thats
> pretty clear watching him once a week.
>
> Dont get me wrong, Cope's my favorite Pro around
> Ohio, but his youtube fame has gotten way
> overblown and out of hand. Its mostly people
> wanting and hoping for a pro that can kick some
> deere butt, which I want as well. But i'm not
> gonna pretend that my fav tractor is alot better
> than he actually is.

You must have educated yourself before this post on taking the weight away from him, right? That rule should change in the near future. Youtube is a great thing. It gets people noticed and popular. Just like Carlton Cope/Warpath is being talked about more right now than any of your "top notch" pro's. It is what it is. It seems to me that Cope may never make the "top notch" pro in your mind. To beat your top pro's, he has to go find them all across the country. I don't think with his schedule, that is an option at this time. What I do know that he has beat pro's that has beat your "top notch" pros before. Does it happen every weekend. Hell know it doesn't. To my knowledge there are not 6 long blocks or a dyno sitting in the corner at any given moment like your pro's have. This is why all are estatic right now with consistant top 5 places with OSTPA. Everybody knows BG is here. Everybody knows nothing is held back at BG. It will be good, or it will be bad. All I know forsure is that if you put Mt.Vernons pull from last season, combine it with Warpath's new chassis, you will have no choice but to make room for Cope on your "top notch" pro list. Will it happen this weekend, all we can do is hope so.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 18, 2009 03:06AM
Again, your not watching him all the time, your basing everything on ONE HOOK. 13 months ago, in Mt. Vernon, a pull BTW, that 3 tractors went over 330. Another thing, that particular pull that you only saw on youtube, he only beat Rampage, by 3 feet.

Last night Cope had a really god run at Millersburg. Front end up, cruised out, popped his turbo at 305, finished at 315, four other JD's took it out. Linders and Honoshofsky both went 340+ in the pull off, he went 315 the firstime around. That has been happening ALL YEAR.

At Tiffin, he took the first hook out, 325...pull off, he got fourth, finishing 30 back of Shope, Linder, and Schmucker, those three, he has yet to beat. At Carrolton, the only ostpa hook he won, Rampage threw an engine rod at 100 feet and neither the Linders or Shope was there. He win on the Smoker Series was over nobody, as that circuit is only good when the Martins show up.

He's not there yet, and I will remind you of this when he isnt in the top 15 at BG. People like you need to be patient with the guy, its his first year on the comp, which is definantly gonna take some tweaking. Don't your basing a chance at BG over one run, a video on youtube, that doesnt even tell the whole story of that pull, and the fact that he has yet to beat the Linders new tractor, or even get close to Shope.

I sure hope Cope gets some T-Shirts in the works, i'll buy 3. His tractor would look amazing with like Warpath painting in black, really jagged and maybe an tomahawk above the name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 03:06AM by Buckeye.

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 18, 2009 02:14PM
Buckeye Wrote:
> Again, your not watching him all the time, your
> basing everything on ONE HOOK. 13 months ago, in
> Mt. Vernon, a pull BTW, that 3 tractors went over
> 330. Another thing, that particular pull that you
> only saw on youtube, he only beat Rampage, by 3
> feet.
>
> Last night Cope had a really god run at
> Millersburg. Front end up, cruised out, popped his
> turbo at 305, finished at 315, four other JD's
> took it out. Linders and Honoshofsky both went
> 340+ in the pull off, he went 315 the firstime
> around. That has been happening ALL YEAR.
>
> At Tiffin, he took the first hook out, 325...pull
> off, he got fourth, finishing 30 back of Shope,
> Linder, and Schmucker, those three, he has yet to
> beat. At Carrolton, the only ostpa hook he won,
> Rampage threw an engine rod at 100 feet and
> neither the Linders or Shope was there. He win on
> the Smoker Series was over nobody, as that circuit
> is only good when the Martins show up.
>
> He's not there yet, and I will remind you of this
> when he isnt in the top 15 at BG. People like you
> need to be patient with the guy, its his first
> year on the comp, which is definantly gonna take
> some tweaking. Don't your basing a chance at BG
> over one run, a video on youtube, that doesnt even
> tell the whole story of that pull, and the fact
> that he has yet to beat the Linders new tractor,
> or even get close to Shope.
>
> I sure hope Cope gets some T-Shirts in the works,
> i'll buy 3. His tractor would look amazing with
> like Warpath painting in black, really jagged and
> maybe an tomahawk above the name.

Wow. You are going alot of different directions now?? First, Warpath's run at Mt.Vernon proved to all that the potential is there to beat anybody out there, period. In fact, I'm sure that run was enough get to get your "top notch" pro's to talk about it at the coffee shop the next morning, lol. Second, please don't talk about patience. I've been lubing Warpath since the hot farm stock days! I, along with thousands of other Warpath fans have been patient, and will continue to support Cope/Warpath for years to come. It was never stated that Warpath will win BG. What has been stated is that the potential is there. If you put all the highlights of Warpath the past 12 months together in one hook for BG, it's a done deal. Now, will that be the case? Hope so. If not, Cope/Warpath will still be there, pulling up there with the best, and being on all of your "top notch"pro's minds. And last, but not least, there will be tshirts made. Will your advice on them be taken, sorry, probably not. It will be cool though. But sorry, it won't be a "top notch" pro of the past (which I think is where you are stuck?), nor will it be one of YOUR "top notch" pro's from the present. It will simply be Cope/Warpath, a determined, competitive, well respected pro, powered by a mighty V8 Perkins. As far as the picture on the back? Well, someday, whether it be this year, or a year to come, there will be a special one made just for you. It will show you two very important things. A ring.......on a finger!!

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 16, 2009 11:29AM
It so funny all you SF experts dont know crap.Last winter everyone telling who was gonna win.All I did was mention was took who a 1ST AND 2ND @ BG last summmer gues who won Louisville that right Ryan Salenbien and Never Satisfied . He should do just as good as last year,he running as stong as ever.

G LAST WON THE RING AND

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 17, 2009 09:57AM
salenbien won at wapakoneta with some of the strongest super farms in the country he should be in the hunt for the ring

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 17, 2009 04:34PM
what about Shrameks Git er Dun if they can get that thing to stay together i would think that it would be pretty tough

Re: 2009 Bowling Green ring winners August 17, 2009 10:39PM
1) Red Thunder
2) Rocket
3) Bomb
4) Considered Armed and Dangerous

I think I might lean a little towards the Wisconsin machines with" the mafia "out in front.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009