Electric water pump setup for 1066 puller March 24, 2020 03:45AM
Anyone send me some pics and tell me what electric pump you are using for your IH 400 series pullers. This is a hot farm tractor and not gettting the cooling we need out of factory water pump. Want to go electric and was curious what pump you recommend and if someone has pics of the plumbing. Did you use the factory inlet/outlet?
What size hose? Just size down from the factory fittings to the hose of choice?
Thanks in advance for your time and info.

Re: Electric water pump setup for 1066 puller March 25, 2020 02:26AM
No help or information from anyone?

Re: Electric water pump setup for 1066 puller March 25, 2020 02:33AM
Unless ur 680 16mm p pump with a 4.3 running egts at 2200 no reason stock shouldn’t work

Re: Electric water pump setup for 1066 puller March 25, 2020 03:07AM
OK...thanks Chop saw. I know we have hit 1900 egt then added another nozzle to our xover pipe for our water injection. just seems like the radiator spewed after each run and sometimes we did not have much time between classes to let it cool down. We did remove factory radiator this winter and went with a 2 row aluminum so maybe that will help enough. I'll stay with that and see how it goes.

Re: Electric water pump setup for 1066 puller March 25, 2020 03:31AM
What are you running for RPMs? If you are running the factory pump, you may just be over speeding the pump, causing your issue. You can adapt a electric drive to run your factory pump to correct this issue. I have done several in the past, just get a electric pump drive set up, Moroso is the one I have used, and all you have to do is machine your hub on the water pump to accept the cog belt pulley, and mount the motor to drive it. This setup will drive your water pump at approx. 1500 RPMs, and has worked very well on the ones I have done.

Re: Electric water pump setup for 1066 puller March 25, 2020 04:03AM
mostly 3000 rpm...a couple places we can run 3500. Thanks for the info Binder.

Re: Electric water pump setup for 1066 puller March 25, 2020 03:21AM
you probably know this but get highest pressure cap, but it could be a little cylinder pressure past fire ring, just saying

Re: Electric water pump setup for 1066 puller March 25, 2020 04:04AM
Point taken Top Gun. Thanks

Re: Electric water pump setup for 1066 puller March 25, 2020 06:06AM
In my opinion, just get rid of the stock pump and buy an electric pump from Jegs or the like with a brass impeller. Neck down the factory inlet and outlet to a 3/4" hose. Does a way better job in flow. You may need to put a restriction in line to keep the water from flowing too fast through the engine so it will actually pick up some heat out of the block.

Re: Electric water pump setup for 1066 puller March 25, 2020 06:39AM
I have the aluminum racing radiator, electric fan and water pump that I took off when I went to a dry setup. Im not too far north of you if your interested. 660-three seven five 2765

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,723, Posts: 229,851, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro