What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 24, 2020 12:36PM
Here are several elements of the 1,400 page House Coronavirus bill. Hopefully, the blowback will allow these to be removed from whatever the final bill is. Could someone from the party that controls this chamber please defend these specific items and explain how they are relevant to our current situation (hint, the answer is no, but you will read replies blaming the other party or ignoring the question).

And... for those of you who want to whine that this is a pulling board (despite the fact you had a choice to click on the thread or not), read #3 below. If PPL Owner Forrest Lucas receives $1 of aid (under the House bill), he would be required to do the items in #3 below, including needing to know the makeup of companies in his supply chain. The cost of compliance would be high.

Amending FIRREA to Protect Financial Institutions Operated by Women
Section 308 of the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989 instructs the Treasury secretary to consult with the chairman of the FDIC’s board of directors to preserve the “number of minority depository institutions” owned by “socially and economically disadvantaged individuals.” The bill would expand Section 308 to cover banks and financial institutions in which at least half of outstanding shares are held by one or more women, or whose board of directors are majority-female.

Establishment of a “Minority Bank Deposit Program,” Federal Diversity Reporting Requirements
This section obliges the head of each federal department or agency to “develop and implement standards and procedures to ensure, to the maximum extent possible as permitted by law, the use of minority banks and minority credit unions to serve the financial needs of each such department or agency.” It would also require all federal departments and agencies to submit an annual report to Congress detailing the extent of their use of financial institutions owned by racial minorities and women.

Diversity Reporting Requirements for Businesses Receiving Federal Aid
All publicly traded corporations receiving federal aid would be required to file quarterly disclosures to the SEC detailing their demographic “composition, including data on diversity (including racial and gender composition) and any policies and audits related to diversity.”
All companies, publicly traded and privately held alike, that receive federal aid related to COVID-19 would be required to release a report “no later than one year after the disbursement of funds” disclosing the demographics of their employees, and including breakdowns by seniority and managerial status. They would also be required to report the demographic breakdowns of their supply chains, disclose data on the diversity of their corporate boards, and issue a “pay equity” report that disaggregates compensation data by race and gender. And “any corporation that receives Federal aid related to COVID–19 must maintain officials and budget dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives for no less than 5 years after disbursement of funds.”

Aid Recipients Must Allow Labor to Appoint One-Third of Corporate Board Members
All companies that receive federal aid related to COVID-19 would be required, under the House proposal, to appoint at least one-third of their board members through “a one-employee-one-vote election process.” In other words, if companies accept aid from the federal government at a moment when, because of a completely unforeseeable global catastrophe, demand has cratered in response to a lethal pandemic, the House bill would force them to completely upend their boards of directors to no conceivable end other than the fulfillment of a longstanding progressive wish.

Amending the Help America Vote Act to Require States to Accommodate Same-Day Registrants
The Help America Vote Act was signed by President Bush in 2002. It helped to modernize the nation’s voting infrastructure by calling for the creation of computerized voter-registration rolls at the state level, constructing federal accessibility guidelines to accommodate voters with disabilities, and setting up the Electoral Assistance Commission to certify state voting systems. The bill seeks to amend the Help America Vote Act by requiring states to allow same-day voter registration. Twenty-nine states do not allow such registration. Twenty-one states and the District of Columbia do. It is not clear that this divide need be resolved at all, much less that it ought to be resolved at the federal level.

Prohibiting Institutions of Higher Learning from Disclosing the Immigration Status of Students
In a portion of the bill addressing the contingency protocols for the administration of the 2020 U.S. Census, the House bill includes a section on institutions of higher learning. The bill proscribes colleges and universities from disclosing “any information to the Bureau on the immigration or citizenship status of any individual” enrolled there.
Grant Program for “Sustainable Aviation Fuel”
Title VII of the House bill opening section calls for the institution of a “Sustainable Aviation Fuel Development Program.” The Transportation secretary would be given the power to disburse grant monies based upon the “potential greenhouse gases emitted from” an applicant’s project and the “potential the project has in reducing United States greenhouse gas emissions associated with air travel.” Two hundred million dollars would be appropriated annually to the grant program.

Mandatory Carbon Offsets for Airlines
Every airline receiving federal aid would be required to “fully offset [its] annual carbon emissions [from] domestic flights beginning in 2025.” Airlines would also be required to submit an annual report detailing their fealty to “a binding commitment to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions attributable to the domestic flights of such air carrier in every calendar year, beginning with 2021, on a path consistent with a 25 percent reduction in the aviation sector’s emissions from 2019 levels by 2035, and a 50 percent reduction in the sector’s emissions from 2019 levels by 2050.”

Kennedy Center
The House bill provides $35 million to ensure that the D.C.-based John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is able to remain operational and pay its expenses during the coronavirus-related economic slowdown.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 12:39PM by The Original Michael.

Shocker!! March 24, 2020 01:00PM
This is typical of the geniuses who are elected to look after the best interests of the incredible people of this country. They have no interest in looking out for these people. They are only interested in seeing how they can continue to build the tyrannical government that they desire. And to continue to line their pockets with moneys from corruption corporations like themselves. We must vote these people out and help drain the swamp.

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 24, 2020 01:18PM
Al Gore was going to try to keep Cows from Farting too, lol, i cant believe the people that are in these positions, literally unbelievable !!!

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 24, 2020 01:31PM
Typical Democrats trying to get some of their liberal policies in the pipeline during a crisis. Pretty sad.

Trump 2020
Made in the USA

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 24, 2020 02:34PM
At one time Democratic party was for the people now im ashamed to say i was one 20 years ago what a joke its become if not over thi over the crybaby bulshit theve done over TRUMP and if your registered a Democrat you are one of them cause you cant register a black and tan coon hound as a red bone

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 24, 2020 03:47PM
Two trillion dollars and 1400 pages you can bet the right has got there own agendas at work too. Like the 500 billion dollar slush fund for mnuchin. Still haven't heard either side explain where all this money is coming from in the first place? Are the big businesses we're about to bailout actually going to start paying taxes again?

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 24, 2020 04:36PM
It’s up to $6 trillion dollars now of our taxpayer money and it’s Dems and Republicans playing is all for fools. Wake up people. They’re dividing us up to distract us. No way either side thought they could get what they wanted. They’re just pushing buttons to get us excited so they can rob is blind. Do you have any idea how much $6,000,000,000,000 is?

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 24, 2020 04:53PM
$6 trillion is enough to buy the entire state of Iowa at $166,666 per acre

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 24, 2020 05:21PM
Lewis, I vote Bluetick! I do not want there stinking money, I wish they would keep it and pay down the debt, Instead of making the hole deeper! I am a Trump supporter, however I'm against this payment to every American of $1200.00 I do not have much, but I'll find a way to make it through. The Lord has never failed to provide my needs, no matter how bad it seems, I can always look around and find someone else far worse off than me. I would rather see the banks help bail out the people this time. They owe it to the Americans who bailed them out a few years ago. I'm not saying give the people money, all I'm saying is extend the payment plans out, without penalties to help get the country back on its feet. Where does good old fashioned common sense ever come into play?..... Oh that's just a dream, that won't happen! I believe that most working class people should just knuckle down and struggle through, each there own, with the lending institutions working with the people until a reasonable time to recover has passed, and we would be much better off as a country and be much better prepared ourselves to handle adversity the next time around. I personally have struggled many times throughout my life and after each struggle I came out stronger and smarter for the next battle. May God Bless the USA, and our people, as well as others throughout the world struggling through this ordeal. We will make it people. Let's turn the coonhounds loose and enjoy time in the woods away from the rest of the world while we wait for things to get back in order. Signing off.

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 25, 2020 01:28AM
Mike P
It’s up to $6 trillion dollars now of our taxpayer money... Do you have any idea how much $6,000,000,000,000 is?
Let's do some simple math:
The stimulus bill is $6 Trillion
The population of the US is approximately 330,149,796

If you divide 6 trillion by 330 million it equals $18,173.57 per person (That includes: poor, wealthy, kids, elderly, infants, EVERYONE!)

That means for my wife and three kids that should be a check $90,867.84

Yet, some families are going to get check for $1,200 per household and $500 per child. The rest is ALL pork. It's a freaking joke. Again, where does the money come from, and where does the rest of it go. The only thing this is oging to stimulate is the demise of our country.

Democrats AND Republicans are screwing all of us.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 25, 2020 01:15AM
Grubby
Two trillion dollars and 1400 pages you can bet the right has got there own agendas at work too. Like the 500 billion dollar slush fund for mnuchin. Still haven't heard either side explain where all this money is coming from in the first place? Are the big businesses we're about to bailout actually going to start paying taxes again?

"Slush fund" is a talking point. I provided specifics from the House proposal. Hopefully, those were negotiated out of the final package.

I was against the bank bailout in 2008, but based on what I've read,the banks did pay it back. In general, I'm not a fan of government payments, but this is different because it was not market forces causing the downturn, it was by government fiat to help the crisis. Again, I'm not defending misuse of funds by large corporations, but the large corporations also employ large numbers of people.

I have a relative that works for a major auto manufacturer. My understanding is next week his plant is going to start making ventilators. Should they not get something for completely shutting down their business model and retooling to meet a legitimate national need?
(shopping for a car is not an "essential function" in any state so far as I'm aware so there is nobody who can go buy their product in most of the country at the moment with all the NO TRAVEL orders)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2020 01:17AM by The Original Michael.

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 25, 2020 02:44AM
I guarantee you that these companies retooling to make a product needed for crisis situations, will be compensated quite generously by the US government! If you think these companies are going to do this out of the goodness of their hearts, I think you are sadly mistaken. I do however believe that they should be compensated for what they do to cover their costs and a FAIR profit, not rake the people over the coals profit.

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 25, 2020 05:34AM
This whole deal reminds me of a husband and wife in debt up to their a$$e$, and she says "you can buy a new pulling tractor if I get a new car" Lets spend way more money then we even have for what?? The amount of money they want to blow is simply astronomical. That itself will finish our country off! The government gets money from taxing the people, and there's no way we can ever tax everyone enough to offset this much money! Typical political BS!

Re: What your House of Representativs considers "Emergency Relief" March 25, 2020 03:06AM
I too read the HR bill from page 1 to page 1404. There was a lot of "stuff" not related to the COVID10 pandemic. Except for language at the beginning of each "line item" it seemed like the bill was a FY budget proposal or a Continuing Resolution. Finally, around page 1000 or so (threw my notes I made away, maybe it was page 800 or 700 or 900), "OTHER MATTERS" were presented which seemed to address directly the COVID19 pandemic. I will admit, though, the HR bill seemed to read easier than the first Senate proposal, even though the Senate version was shorter and more concise to what was trying to be accomplished. Our government model is based on selfishness to the particular states and the subdivisions of those states. We elect representatives (senators and congressmen) to represent our particular interests with little regard for the interests of persons in another district. And as time is going by, it is becoming even more selfish and partisan. And being that it is basically a 50-50 deal, look for more consternation in the future. However, I will give credit to both institutions, because after reading both proposals with an open mind, many issues that I wouldn't have thought of if I was drafting a bill were uncovered. It is not as easy as one might imagine. And yes, where is the United States going to come up with the 6 trillion dollars (+ the 21 or 22 or 23 that "we" already owe) that this bill encompasses? JW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009