Case ss.... April 12, 2020 12:02PM
Subject of best ss......other than main,hoch,lowe,and the blackstallion,what were the true case ss diesel trs ???

Re: Case ss.... April 12, 2020 07:41PM
Hacks had one back in the 70's and 80's, then switched over to pro in late 90s. With horrible milk prices they parked it

Re: Case ss.... April 13, 2020 12:12AM
Booze Burner back in the late 70s and 80s out of Kentucky but it was alcohol not diesel, cant remember who owned it but it was inconsistent but if an when it ran it was hard to compete with.

Re: Case ss.... April 13, 2020 12:15AM
Redmers from WI had a 970 diesel light super. I think it was called naughty but nice but I can’t remember

Re: Case ss.... April 13, 2020 03:33AM
Booze Burner was George Ammerman, from Georgetown, KY. Went to Brent Moore and became Kentucky Sled Hunter.

Re: Case ss.... April 13, 2020 07:07AM
Paul Hayes from NY had this in the 90s. The paper has it wrong.

Re: Case ss.... April 14, 2020 01:07AM
Theses are the hoods off that tractor, a LLSS from WI.

Re: Case ss.... April 14, 2020 01:42PM
I always liked Phase II. I had wondered what happened to it after Hayes sold it. I'll try and dig through my photos but I think I have some good pictures of it from some old NYTPA events.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Case ss.... April 14, 2020 03:29PM
Jake,

My dad, Audie Ribble, bought it from the Hayes'. We rebuilt the sheet metal & frame and ran it in ITPA SS for a few years. We called it the Daydreamer. We then sold it and the guy changed it over to run ITPA's 85LP for a short while. It was then sold it to a guy in Michigan, if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure the strong running LLSS, Case of Alcoholism, is still using the sheet metal.

Re: Case ss.... April 15, 2020 01:33AM
Thanks for the info. Back in it's day it was one of the nicest looking and cleanest tractors on the NYTPA circuit. That said, I don't remember ever seeing it make a nice smooth pass. It would always get bouncing and hopping on a pass. I know they made a bunch of changes to it over the years to lower the center of gravity and take the bounce out of it but they never seemed to have their combination perfect when I'd see it run. Thanks again for the info, it takes me back to when I was a teen.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Case ss.... April 13, 2020 02:07PM
Booz Burner was my favorite of any tractor out there i wish there was some videos of it

Re: Case ss.... April 13, 2020 01:59AM
Dick Obermyer 1070 & 1370 True Grit , Melvin Streitmatter 1070 2 really competive ones from the 70's. Guy named Eugene Kurtz in Ohio had a multi charger 1070 showing potential if he got the bugs out, but lost it in a barn fire.

Re: Case ss.... April 13, 2020 03:52AM
Did streetmatter have a pro too ??

Re: Case ss.... April 13, 2020 03:22PM
That I don't know but I was told that Andy Main never ran more than 1 turbo on any of his. Just no such term as pro stock then.

Re: Case ss.... April 14, 2020 02:22AM
Rich Rosenberger from Lake Odessa, Michigan Case 1170. Alky ran good. But I think he originally ran it as a diesel. How 'bout it, Jonesy, you must remember?

Re: Case ss.... April 15, 2020 02:19PM
I remember Rich. The Williams brothers bought it from Rich and haven't seen them in years.

Re: Case ss.... April 29, 2020 07:09AM
Hi guys, thanks for including the CASE tractors in this topic. I'm a life long CASE fan and that's all we've ever used and still use on the farm today. My grandpa was born in 1903 and he bought a VAC in 1942 to help out his team of mules and we've been all CASE since then. Being in my late 40's I'm not very familiar with the guys you mentioned (Main, Hoch, Lowe, and the Black Stallion) I would love to know some more details about the tractors they ran, their set up's, how competitive they were, and any good stories about them. Also, were there any strong running CASE prostock tractors out there? I grew up in mid Missouri and some of my earliest memories were going to tractor pulls. A few of the tractors I remember getting to see growing up were the Cajun Queens, Jolly Green Giant, Ole Smokey, & Dolemite (all JD's) Also remember seeing Quick's (MM) & Rusty Severe's & Knipp's (IH's). Sorry, not sure if I got those last 2 guys names spelled right. So, I consider myself very lucky to have seen some of these early tractors run and I've been a life long fan of tractor pulling ever since, just didn't have any CASE's that I can remember around our part of the country. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any details, info, or good CASE pulling tractor stories.

Re: Case ss.... April 29, 2020 08:11AM
Lowe,and kixmiller had ps also,during the 80s and early 90s john and suellen oswald had as bout a good of case ps as there was.petersons,mckinnley,kaun,Swanson all had ps cases in the late 90s.there was 2 really good case of from Missouri the black magic and midnight screamer

Re: Case ss.... April 29, 2020 08:53AM
Thanks for the info. I got to see Suellen Oswald one time at Louisville and I'm familiar with Ole Black Magic and Midnight Screamer today. Did they used to be full pro stocks back in the day? And not real familiar with Petersons, Mckinnley, Kaun, & Swanson. I heard of Mckinnley & Kaun, but never knew what they pulled or how competitive they were. Is that the same Kaun that helps with the Hoyt's CASE's. They seem like they run pretty good would love to see them on one of the national circuits some day. From looking at YouTube videos I think they might be able to mix it up with the top running tractors in the country. Also, what happened to John and Suellen Oswald's Pro-Stock? Is it still around? Been changed to a different class? Thanks again.

Re: Case ss.... April 29, 2020 02:31PM
Oseslds went to the medina ohio area,renamed firewalker and made a killer pass at bg one year..forewalker had a siamese port steel head at that time,Swanson's was 3 aluminum heads, kinda odd for a diesel

Re: Case ss.... April 29, 2020 09:03AM
Oh, I just remembered a CASE diesel super that ran a little bit in early 90's here in MO. I think it was ran by Ray Idle & Jeff Jacobsmeyer, again not sure on the spelling. This was before the diesel Iron Will IH and the alcohol Heavy Metal IH. I always wondered what happened to that tractor, it was probably the last true CASE diesel super stock I ever saw pull.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,618, Posts: 229,674, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520