Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 03:59AM
With current cold & snow, and having enjoyed the best pulling tractors of certain brands recent threads, let's check our memory of what tractors of these 'not very often seen brands' made an impact upon pulling. Past through to present.

In light SS past, be Lyle Hull M-M 5 Star alky "Northern Star". Today's light SS, be Shawn Peetz Oliver "Unfinished Business" with a Hercules based alky engine.

In heavy SS, best M-M would be Ron Perry owned but tractor really made famous by driver/mechanic Dave Stangle. It was his adventure in Harrisburg, PA when the homemade propane fuel system violently blew off the side of the tractor with announcer Ed Johnson dubbing the 2 names "Boom-boom" and "Solid Junk" forever onto the fame of this G-1000.
Many other good running Molines around the country, too. Many with Perry's supreme ingenoius engineering and mechanical wizardry in them.
But I will let you contrubutors share your likes.

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 04:10AM
Hull`s G1000 non-component before it self destructed. Cokerhams G1000 non-component G1000 was awesome too.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 05:33AM
Being a young teenager in the early 90's, without a doubt Conner's Bad Medicine. Seeing that thing run in those days, well I don't think there has been any super stock excitement quite like that since (at least for me). Definably agree, Hull's first vista and Cockerham's LSS were right up there. Donaldson's White was right there also, just not quite as dominant as Conner's.

I missed out on the Perry/Stangle years, but image it was similar to the Bad Medicine feel.

Who had the last national titles for each of these three brands (doesn't matter which class)?

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 05:56AM
Good call, I got so blinded by my love of Vista Molines that I forgot about the Whites and Olivers.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 30, 2020 01:22AM
Who were the last national title winners for these brands? I would guess Conner's for a White. Not sure about MM, Oliver or Cockshutt?

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 09:53AM
Conner
Arlo Driessen
Jeff Dachel

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 09:21AM
Conners,hull non comp and 5 star, poor loser,buckeye traveler,parkers,alcoholic 16xx,paladino,harris,pete and repete.tons more,I'm a oliver guy thru and thru..gotta give tracy varns a big thumbs up,a true anything can be done kinda done who's dearly missed

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 10:54AM
Kendall Klevgard's Last Dog MMG1000 in the mid 2000's. It was a very dominant tractor in Region 3 NTPA.

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 11:38AM
I was lucky enough to be around in the good old days when the tough running MM's were Don Nolan,Charles DeClerck,Bill Newlon,Greg Herriot,Gary and Doyle Quick,Ron Perry,Leon Atkins,Dan Walsh,Danny Fillingame,Dave Smith,Lyle Hull,and several others that I'm forgetting..

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 12:09PM
Don wise
Harold tenhouse

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 01:05PM
Rich Miller with his Poor Loser Oliver 88 NTPA champion in the light super stock class.

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 02:03PM
That was a great tractor and just sitting in a barn here in ky

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 02:08PM
Since this is mixing it up MM Whites and Olivers lets not forget Ivan Carrol little Levee Leaper Cockshutt

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 16, 2020 02:42PM
Voland/Lucas Pete and Re-Pete.

S'no Farmer

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 17, 2020 05:48AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Bob Hawk and his 5 star. In the Cockshutt line up Sam West with his 40 and Kevin Buck with his diesel 570.

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 18, 2020 01:11AM
Heard of some v8 Oliver's being built for light and limited pro. Hope this is true. Would be cool to see some olivers and Minneapolis out there pulling again. Does any one think they could be competitive in today's pulling world?

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 18, 2020 11:09AM
Pull fan
Heard of some v8 Oliver's being built for light and limited pro. Hope this is true. Would be cool to see some olivers and Minneapolis out there pulling again. Does any one think they could be competitive in today's pulling world?
I really think it depends on how deep their pockets are and how innovative they are. It think almost anything can be made competetive if you have those two resources. The V-8 Massey Light Pro that Carlton Cope built has already proved that it can run with anyone so I think a 3208 Cat Light Pro could be built to run well if the right minds are behind it.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 18, 2020 01:25PM
Keven Bucks became the Leevi Leeper

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 18, 2020 01:56PM
LEWIS
Keven Bucks became the Leevi Leeper

Are you sure? I thought that the Carroll family bought their Cockshutt 570 "Levee Leaper" from Lloyd Douglas in Illinois in the 1970's...I could be wrong..

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 19, 2020 04:29AM
Funny how a recast block is legal in Las but a factory Oliver block isnt,great way to promote variety,that's asinine..another bad medicine rule in effect..
Lmao

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 19, 2020 05:51AM
Agreed, the V-8 Perkins, V-8 Cat, and V-8 IH should all be allowed in LSS. Build them to 504 and let them run. I just don't understand how you can ban something that came from the factory in a 2wd tractor. Same with stock 24 valve head or anything else that came stock as long as it's not a safety concern. I love this sport but it needs a logic overhaul.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 19, 2020 06:58AM
When any non ih or jd brand has a legitimate shot at being a serious contender the powers that be squash the off brand.there were a few v8s being legally built for the lss class and got ruled out in mid build,that takes balls to do that

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 19, 2020 05:43AM
Yes they converted it to alcohol and are still running the original rods keven built 30plus years ago

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 18, 2020 11:52PM
Hello , Mark Coldberg , PROPANE !!!!!!! and Hats off to Kevin EngleKING on the way the SWEET 16 was always at the top !!! Aaron Kreckler muti time points champ is BSTP with a Perkins !!!!!!!

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 21, 2020 02:24PM
The Bad Kitty out of Iowa always runs very well. Remember watching it in the mid 90s as a hot stock. Now a 4.1 limited pro stock. That v8 sounds awsome.

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 29, 2020 01:17PM
Tracey Varns “Head Games” Oliver superstock that ran with OSTPA was an impressive runner when it was on... needless to say, when it was on it was on, when it wasn’t as Hog Hastings would say “fire department be ready”. He had a way of making that Hercules scream! Rest In Peace Tracey, you are greatly missed!

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 30, 2020 12:25AM
This apparently is old news but i didn't know Tracey had passed, sry to here, what ever happened to " Head Games " ?

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 30, 2020 12:44AM
It'll be 3 years on December 21st that he died of heart failure.

Head Games is still local, and will be back, set to run on kill.

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 30, 2020 02:47AM
Thanks

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 30, 2020 02:09PM
Chuck Lewis ran one ( minnie mo ) in light super called " Wils Horses" !!!! Ran really well !

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White April 30, 2020 11:22PM
There was a Wisconsin Oliver called the shakey 2 that ran strong in light super for many years.

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White May 01, 2020 12:42AM
Yep, Jeff Dachel had the shakey -- Hulla have it now !! --- pretty sure its called " remachined "

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White May 01, 2020 03:19AM
Hulls, sry !

Re: Best M-M / Oliver / White June 15, 2023 05:21AM
longtimer
With current cold & snow, and having enjoyed the best pulling tractors of certain brands recent threads, let's check our memory of what tractors of these 'not very often seen brands' made an impact upon pulling. Past through to present.

In light SS past, be Lyle Hull M-M 5 Star alky "Northern Star". Today's light SS, be Shawn Peetz Oliver "Unfinished Business" with a Hercules based alky engine.

In heavy SS, best M-M would be Ron Perry owned but tractor really made famous by driver/mechanic Dave Stangle. It was his adventure in Harrisburg, PA when the homemade propane fuel system violently blew off the side of the tractor with announcer Ed Johnson dubbing the 2 names "Boom-boom" and "Solid Junk" forever onto the fame of this G-1000.
Many other good running Molines around the country, too. Many with Perry's supreme ingenoius engineering and mechanical wizardry in them.
But I will let you contrubutors share your likes.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,640, Posts: 229,706, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520