Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 03:33AM
With current cold & now rain (instead of April snow), and having enjoyed the best pulling tractors of certain brands recent threads, let's check our memory of what tractors of these 'not very often seen brands' made an impact upon pulling. Past through to Present. The blue oval brand - FORD and New Holland. Tractors and include the Trucks.

Gene Kieck from Wisconsin was the first Ford to earn a GN title - 7SS.
Another one in that time era that ran good and with excellent appearance (unlike many tractors back then) was Eugene Bogart from St. Thomas, Ontario. It was sold to Chester Snyder at Tamaqua, PA.

in '89, Kevin Lynn (twin?) turbo Ford 8210 diesel "Notorious" looked great whether in appearance and performance, earning Pro National 5 and 7 SS championships.
Bill Cummings in NY had a similar tractor.

Today, LSS Jason Hootman. I'm not certain, but, I believe he is running Ford block engine?

Diehl Wilson's super sharp "Virginian" FWD earned the '81 & '82 GN 5800 FWD championships. And that was a Ford overhead cammer powerplant.

Keep that in mind, as you post your favorites, trying to keep powerplant AND sheet metal as pure based "blue" Ford / New Holland, as much as possible. If today's 'rigs' are cross dressed, inform us what the puller's vehicle has for sheetmetal and engine.

I could list others off top of my head, but it is time you chime in.

Re: Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 05:55AM
Mark Peissig winning four consecutive Grand National championships with The Bomb from 2005 to 2008.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 06:40AM
And that was followed up the next year with his teammate, Kevin Lynn, aboard the alky "504 Rocket" LSS.

Re: Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 01:04PM
As a side note: I didn't get a chance to talk with him, but it was nice to see Mark Peissig back at Louisville helping Kevin Lynn out. They were an extremely tough combination in the LSS for quite a few years.

Back in the days when Mike Wilhite pulled a Ford he was one of the toughest around when it stayed together. When it didn't, he was still one of the most exciting to watch!

Jason Forrester's Papa Smurf may be one of the most impressive Ford's around. He's consistently been at (of very near) the top of that class for such a long amount of time. There have been times where he had more power than the rest of the class and there have been times when he just had consistency and made perfect passes. It's been pretty darn impressive.

I'm biased but I grew up watching Mark Hootman run so strong for so many years so I'd put him on my list.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 11:33AM
Diehl Wilson's "Virginian" was powered by an "Ohio" George Montgomery built Boss 429.
Dennis Wilson's Little American single engine modified was Cammer powered.

Re: Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 12:11PM
You can Mark Hootman to the list also !!

Re: Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 12:49PM
I always liked the wildfire and rocky top trucks and Mr. Roach and Finley always made the little fords run especially when there was 5500

Re: Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 12:56PM
I always liked jim weaver's virginian ford 9000/9600,extremely clean tractor and roll back truck hauler.

Re: Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 01:55PM
My favorite was Lethal Injection of the Haferds. It never won a national title, but considering it ran against Conners, Blackbourn, Esdon. Dickerson, Russell and a host of other tough runners in the '90s, no shame in that.

Re: Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 02:25PM
Kevin Lynn, Rich Miller, and Lethal Injection.

Re: Best of Old & Current "Blue" Tractors & Trucks April 25, 2020 11:13PM
I liked haferds lethal injection too.it did pull very well ,the fire added variety to a red class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro