First alcohol super stock? May 01, 2020 01:36AM
Who was the first puller to run alcohol in a super stock? What year did the first alcohol tractor appear?

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 01, 2020 04:37AM
great question. pretty sure its been asked here before. i don't have an answer for you....sorry.

i'll get the popcorn ready.......this should be good.

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 01, 2020 07:27AM
Im gonna say Gene Donaldson with his Oliver in mid 70s but that may be wrong

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 01, 2020 07:42AM
Id say Henery Piper and some of those guys back in the day, Volland & Lucas team, i dont really know just guessing, PC Long and them guys years ago but exactly when im not sure and i could be way off on those picks !!!

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 01, 2020 09:49AM
Maybe David Stangle with his Minnie Mo.

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 01, 2020 01:12PM
In the late 60s Charles Declerk from taylorville Illinois had a g1000 minnie mo called "power without smoke " pulled at Louisville and the old m&w power show.

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 01, 2020 01:52PM
My opinion would be a 5000 lb one from the mid 60s,I'm sure guys tried it,not successfully tho.if a guy was using it and never said he was would ya even know,I think most pullers never knew of each other back then,how would they ??,print and tv coverage were minimal

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 01, 2020 05:37PM
JR Herriot from Illinois

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 02, 2020 10:19AM
This is an interesting topic. I'm sure there were tons of guys who mixed some methanol or ethanol with their gas (especially in the LSS) and ran with some level of alcohol but who was the first to be 100% on alcohol? Also in the same vein who what was the first tractor to swap out the carburetor for fuel injection?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 02, 2020 11:51AM
And who was the first puller that used multi turbos on alcohol?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 03, 2020 02:07AM
Thanks for finally hitting the mark Dick.

The question was "who was the first to run alcohol in a SUPERSTOCK?". The question was not who was the first to run alcohol as a fuel in their gas tractor. Superstock indicates multiple turbos.

Now maybe we can get some where with the topic!

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 03, 2020 03:14AM
Well back in the day lol ( 1979 when I was first involved in pulling ) you did not here the term "pro stock".
The 5500 super stock had many single charger alcohol tractors.

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 03, 2020 10:17AM
Thanks QueFan, you are 100% correct, the Superstock class was once filled with single turbo tractors. Apparently "oh boy" needs a little history lesson on the sport. In fact it's still legal to run the Superstock class with a single turbo, multiple turbos are an option, not a mandate. In fact Long's IH686 ran alcohol on a single turbo and did extremely well in the LSS class for a very long time and consistently beat up on many multi-charger tractors.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 03, 2020 11:28AM
Brent Longs 407 cube single charger engine still runs great in Danny Metcalf's 6000 and 7400 Mod tractor in Missouri...

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 03, 2020 01:13PM
Just curious as to how Brents super stock engine can run in a modified class, i don't know the rules but i would think that would be illegal but i don't know, id always heard that the 686 was setting at his place, i didn't know he'd sold part of it !

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 04, 2020 04:52AM
Festus Haggin
Just curious as to how Brents super stock engine can run in a modified class, i don't know the rules but i would think that would be illegal but i don't know, id always heard that the 686 was setting at his place, i didn't know he'd sold part of it !

Why wouldnt it be legal in a Mod class?Its an automotive engine that was used in trucks...Don Nelson has pulled a DT 466 IH on alky for years in the Outlaw Mod Class...Larry Roberts in Ohio had a Mod with twin DT 466's on alky..Danny Metcalf worked for Brent Long..Watch the video I provided a link for.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 04, 2020 01:43PM
I misunderstood, sry, i was thinking modified stock class, my bad, yea i can see it running in the class your refuring too.

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 04, 2020 01:45PM
So did Brent part out the rest of the tractor or whatever happened to it?

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 03, 2020 12:07PM
Eye Rolling

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 03, 2020 12:16PM
So you've got nothing positive or productive to contribute? Got it.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 04, 2020 10:12AM
Thanks for the scolding, dad.

Eye Rolling

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 03, 2020 01:18PM
Your right, alot of single charger light supers on alcohol back in the day, 560s and 88olivers, 180 allis's, back when light super looked like light supers should look like !!!

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 03, 2020 01:31PM
Herriot

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 04, 2020 05:43AM
Not real familiar with the Moline motors , would have that also been the first converted diesel ??

Re: First alcohol super stock? May 04, 2020 11:01AM
Moline made a lot of big tractors that ran on propane and were spark ignition engines.

S'no Farmer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009