Topics May 08, 2020 12:09PM
Jake, I for one currently avoid posting on your board. I dont find the topics to be of interest .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2020 12:21PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Topics May 08, 2020 01:10PM
(Note: I split this off from a different thread that I've closed discussion on)

Not every topic appeals to every person, but every person has the ability to start a new topic.

Much of the time this page is just like church. In my church, and in most churches there's a thing called the 20/80 rule. The simple explanation is that 20% of people in a typical church do 80% of the work (sometimes you'll hear it called the 80/20 rule or the 90/10 rule). Some churches it's slightly more, and some it's slightly less. The other 80%, well sadly they aren't serving in any capacity... they are just consumers. They sit on the sidelines and consume all the work of others. We were created to serve, and not just in church. Serving benefits us in tons of ways (which I don't want to ramble on too long about), but the more we serve, the more we will develop a servants heart. Ask some of the people who have done the hard work to put on a charity event or a charity pull, its amazingly rewarding.

This page can be much like that at times. Sadly it's seldom as high as 20%. Some people come here to be entertained, some people come here to be informed, and some people come here to see what everyone else is doing or talking about (some are coming here to vent right now, but hopefully that is winding down). This page is only a great resource if people contribute. Again, I completely understand that not every topic appeals to every person, but that doesn't mean that we all can't share info when we have something useful to share. Maybe sometimes we serve by simply responding to a post that nobody else has responded to, just to ask a simply question or add clarification just to bump a post back to the top of the page so somebody with some actual knowledge will chime-in and offer some good insight. I did that recently with a thread about a 5.9 Cummins that sat unanswered for a day of two. One simple response and then people with more knowledge than me started to contribute an add some great content. Maybe it's starting a new thread about something that does interest you, who knows it might interest a ton of other people and they might get off the sidelines and into the game too. Maybe it's just posting something positive to help push the negative threads or comments further down the page so those threads die out faster. Maybe it's to throw some water on a fire instead of gasoline. There are ton's of reasons to contribute and get involved to help make this page better.

I don't want to sound like some super cheesy motivational poster with cats or eagles (that Jesse Post photographed) but... we all need to be the change we want to see.

I encourage everyone to get off the sidelines and get into the game. Share some of you super secret hard earned info for the betterment of the sport. Contribute and drive the sport and this website to be better. Add content.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2020 02:01AM by Jake Morgan.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard