Pulling in Ohio update (Ohio Governor) May 09, 2020 02:54AM
Sports in Ohio

The article from the Dayton Daily News is about sports reopening in Ohio. As I understand DeWine's comments, he indicates sports may return but without spectators.

The only pull in Ohio that may be able to even think about happening in that scenario may be Bowling Green, and that would likely not happen. In theory, that's the one pull where enough people may pony up $ to do the pay per view.

My gut feeling is if the Big 10 decides football will resume with spectators, his tune will change on a dime. OSU football beats any politician of any party in Ohio. If the Big 10 announces football with spectators early enough, he may set an August 1 date for spectator sports, though Bowling Green will h likely have to make a decision before then. Keep in mind Browns and Bengals would have preseason games in August if NFL starts on time.

If the rest of the Big 10 red states allow spectators, as Indiana and Nebraska should, I cannot see DeWine not allowing spectators. I think Whitmer in Michigan will fold like a house of cards and allow spectators once the Michigan and MSU fans start howling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2020 02:56AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Pulling in Ohio update (Ohio Governor) May 09, 2020 04:25AM
Thanks for the update

Re: Pulling in Ohio update (Ohio Governor) May 09, 2020 05:09AM
If we have college football it wont have fans or if it does it will only be students and only quarter capacity

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2020 08:18AM by John Murray.

Re: Pulling in Ohio update (Ohio Governor) May 09, 2020 05:23AM
This is gonna be a slow roll and the governor is slowly bringing things online. Until we see things like county fairs addressed, plan for them to be cancelled. I just can’t see any pulling event being a PPV only event. There’s got to be something else (in addition) to make up the lost revenue-PPV isn’t going to do it alone. People complain at what it costs now per event. Unless someone does an event like GALOT hand planned w/PPV, it could approach reality. I think that’s feasible with the entry fees coming up front to defray the initial costs but the PPV numbers are a guesstimate.....,oh, and Lord help us if there was a rainout.

What about insurance? May 12, 2020 02:24AM
The other thing I haven't seen mentioned is will some events have to cancel because they can not get event insurance? This was brought to light to me when a local event had to cancel saying the main reason was lack of insurance. Point being is that even if the government says go, will insurance companies dictate if a pull/fair/festival can happen?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2020 02:24AM by mh49.

Re: Pulling in Ohio update (Ohio Governor) May 09, 2020 06:41AM
dont sound good
colledges are run by snowflakes who dont want to reopen until the little snowflakes are safe if we have colledge football it wont have fans or if it does it will only be sudents and only quarter capacity

$. Major college athletics are largely funded through football.I doubt a Power 5 conference school is going to allow it's athletic department to go bankrupt if there is any way to have a football season.

Glenford canceled? May 09, 2020 01:37PM
I hear rumors that Glenford pulls in S.E. Ohio for June is canceled? Hate to hear that!

Pickaway is still on! May 11, 2020 10:33AM
Just read where Pickaway county fair as of now is still planning to go on as planned. It is the first county fair in Ohio. Sometime in June. They will be making an updated announcement after their meeting in first part of June. Sure hope they have their fair! This will no doubt be an important part of deciding what will happen with the other fairs in the Buckeye State.

Re: Pickaway is still on! May 11, 2020 01:36PM
Pull fan
Just read where Pickaway county fair as of now is still planning to go on as planned. It is the first county fair in Ohio. Sometime in June. They will be making an updated announcement after their meeting in first part of June. Sure hope they have their fair! This will no doubt be an important part of deciding what will happen with the other fairs in the Buckeye State.

Our county fair (Butler County) is still scheduled for the end of July. The fair board has said that they are not going to rush into any decision. I surely hope we still have our fair along with many others across the US.

Re: Pulling in Ohio update (Ohio Governor) May 11, 2020 11:59AM
I'm not a huge stick & ball fan for starters but I read an article with some college presidents with an interview with the president. They were saying that if there were no students then there would be no athletics. Most of the money made is from spectators at the games. I do know that a lot of the construction projects at MSU have been cancelled. No postponed, outright cancelled. And all projects are going thru the office of the president-the departments have no say. The company I work for has a few on campus. One year long + project is being told to finish up a portion that is under construction and then that was it, no more. Another one is remodling the football coaches offices and training area. The finish date was moved to August. I know that the coaches are working from home, but eventually would need to be together to go over game plans. Isn't the end of August pushing it to start the season? Someone close that works out there gets a weekly (?) email from the university president and its still on the fence weather face to face classes will be held.
On the Bowling Green pulls...lMO, if they go ahead and have the pull, there will be people there because of their beliefs. But how many will not attend? I know things will change by then, but the stigma will be in the back of some peoples mind. Will the blue shirts take that into account?

Re: Pulling in Ohio update (Ohio Governor) May 11, 2020 12:07PM
And I forgot to add (maybe this isn't the correct thread) but Michigan's 4-H has been cancelled for the year. There are some fairs that will still operate the same as always but without 4-H being involved. And, there are a few fairs being cancelled and I would assume that if they had pulling, those would cancelled as well

Re: Pulling in Ohio update (Ohio Governor) May 11, 2020 01:09PM
T waite, what you say doesn't shock me. You have a governor that is hell bent on making things as bad as possible to be in line with her cohorts. Good luck up there.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,570, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,834.

Our newest member BadHabit2