Which Unlimited SS will be at Wisner? August 15, 2009 02:13PM
With all the talk about BG and Hamburg, who will be the alkies at Wisner?

Haugs? They are running for PPL points and I'd think will be at Hamburg?
Dennis Johnson? He's too heavy to make the Outlaw weight, or so I've been told.
Brent Long? Will he travel to Wisner?
Region III tractors? They have a state hook in Wisconsin.

I can maybe see Marinos and Mean Moline. That's it, with maybe Polson.
It's much closer than BG, though Blue Can Fever was at BG last year (I'd love to see him there this year too).

Re: Which Unlimited SS will be at Wisner? August 16, 2009 02:10AM
I think what we'll see is a few unlimited superstocks that can get that light, and a few component light superstocks. I'll predict that Little Temptation & Big Temptation will hook as well as Blue Can Fever and Mean Moline. There are two new superstocks out of Nebraska- Basketball Case and Adreniline. I heard both are component and can't run Outlaw LSS. Meints have a superstock alky out of Pickrell, Neb. and they could be there. So that makes seven, plus anyone else who jumps in. Would be great to see some DSS drop down to compete. And there are others from Missouri, Illinois, etc. who could make the trip.

Right now, there are not a lot of those types of tractors in the region (USS and component LSS), but if they get great attendance, they'll be a very entertaining to watch. Wisner is a power track so hopefully the Haugs can run well at a lighter weight on this track. There are other tracks out there that this class would struggle with for sure. It will be interesting. Since Mean Moline always runs at this weight, they could be more competitive than at 8200. I hope the new tractors out of Neb. have the bugs worked out by Friday.

Re: Which Unlimited SS will be at Wisner? August 16, 2009 02:32AM
Mike Novinger will probably be there.

Re: Which Unlimited SS will be at Wisner? August 17, 2009 01:14PM
Pullnfn: It will be very interesting to see how many tractors show up for the new 6500# Outlaw USS. Here's the situation for the Mean Moline: We got the moline down to 6500# for the Nebraska Bush Pullers, and that was it. We just barely made it, but had no moveable weight. We could have probably got a 100# of moveable weight by taking off one battery, dropping our belly bracket, lighter side shields, draining some differential grease, etc., but we decided it was not worth the effort. We tried a combination of lower drawbar and lower tire pressures but could not find anything that worked. It was just too uncontrollable and too dangerous for the track officials, so we dropped out of the 6500# mid-season last year.
This year we have been running the 7500# Bush class and the 7700# Nebraska Tractor Pullers class........which brings us to the Wisner pull. We are going to do one of two things at Wisner. Beings we are a single turbo (4.120) tractor, we have the green light to pull heavy in the 6500# class "IF", and I repeat 'IF', it is acceptable to the other pullers in that class. If it is NOT acceptable to any of the others in that class, then we will pull for no points or money (exhibition), just to be part of the show. I'm hoping we can work something out with the other pullers. I'm hoping we can pull for some prize money, but, it's not necessary. We'll be fine either way. We are well aware of the fact that we are Not a true USS. We just enjoy pulling with the Outlaws and are thankful that they even let us in the pits. Thanks for your acknowledgement that the Mean Moline is even out there. I hope we can do good for you..........one way or the other.

Re: Which Unlimited SS will be at Wisner? August 19, 2009 07:41AM
Are Sure Blue Can isnt going to B.G.

Re: Which Unlimited SS will be at Wisner? August 19, 2009 10:01AM
Thanks for clarifying. I should have realized my mistake. I knew that you guys were pulling only 7500 with Bush. For some reason I pictured you guys being able to run like you do at 7500 even though the class is much lighter. Sorry about that. Sounds like, for your tractor and maybe a couple others, they could use a couple hundred pounds more. Hopefully they'll let you compete. I think your tractor definitely adds to the show even though your set up is different.

Like the new paint job, by the way.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009