What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 03:01AM
What are the steps someone has to take to make llss into a gn class? I know theres lots of intrest in it and that got me thinking what does someone have to do to make it into a gn class? Who do they have to speak with? What meetings do they have to attend? If someone is going to do it this would be a good year to do it. If you dont want to see llss as a gn class then start another forum about it, i don't want to see twd trucks as a gn class but I've learned to deal with it.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 04:49AM
No offense but why don't you just contact NTPA directly? It will probably save you a lot of time and more importantly avoid a lot of mis-information.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 04:30AM
The "new" GN class would have to be able to support a NATIONAL tour with at minimum 15 vehicles. Can't just show up at BG and not make the trip to Minnesota or New York. 15 solid dependable vehicles and a nice tight competition. That's what a promoter is going to want to know.

An event budget must be able to provide some good bang for the buck. This is an added purse and to justify the promoter paying that ADDED budget item. A class might have to be eliminated.

The new class is not the greatest thing in pulling. I've been around enough to be truly disappointed with a new class in its first event have only 8 rides. Promoter doesn't have to pay the whole purse if there are not enough competitors. The promoter has to have the purse but doesnt have to split it to those that showed up.

Don't whine about how cool your class is if the crowd walks out and you find excuses. Day before I pull, had a promoter tell me he really wasn't interested in paying for this additional class, since one of the pullers kinda acted ungrateful for the hooks. That class hooked, don't know if they ever went back.

What sets your class apart? Turbo inlet specs bore most promoters. What's difference.

Write the NTPA board a letter, address it to NTPA headquarters. Who knows maybe it will be a great class!

NOTE: Every Super Farm class I have ever watched has been great. Close competition and the crowd loves it.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 04:34AM
Guys are bitchin about adding the llss,when uss only has 2 hooks at 1 event.llss can replace uss easily.and I love sf too

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 05:07AM
What is there to gain by being a GN level class?

As it has been stated before on here. I doubt those guys want to crisscross the Midwest for the same purse they have now. It's not like GN pays that much better than anywhere else.

The GN level was meant to be reserved for the top level competitors for a reason. One could get into it about the SF class but we all see what happened there. You could have a mid-pack PS tractor for what some have in their top running SF.

I'm sorry that you feel like 2wd trucks shouldn't be a GN class. The 2wd and 4wd classes bring in those fans who favor trucks over tractors.

If only we could go back to the days when there were 6 to 7 GN classes. Pulling was much easier for the new and old fans to watch and relate to.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 05:21AM
From what I remember the last 3 Gn classes that were added were,superfarm,twd,and semi.the mod variations was always around.the sf hooked regionally in wis and mn,and hooked at tomah.the twd and semi hooked exhibition at various gn events with crowd approval.id think the llss class would fill the void that us traditional chassis guys miss,the variety,the fuel mix,and the wide variety of blocks used,also the direct linkage to the manufacture.the class would have its gn regulars with a bunch of regional and state tractors mixed in.also with no state level structure anymore it's hard for anyone to grow

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 08:19AM
To Old Fan, most pullers know they aren't in this sport to make money. LLSS is a top competitor class anyone can win on any given day, unlike lss or heavy supers where theres a few top runners and the rest are class fillers that hardly make it down the track. A class of solid and lots of variety of tractors that put on a great show is the key to make pulling great. I agree with you that fans need more to relate to and llss is a perfect class to relate to. LLSS tractors still use ag chassis and most still use the engine blocks they came from factory, they are the same model of tractor that most of us used on our farms. The big word about llss is PRACTICAL. This would be the only class on the gn circuit that an average person could build a tractor for and have a shot at pulling at a large pulling venue. We need classes like these or else pulling will never grow. Im not sure if NTPA will be the first or PPL will be the first to add llss to their gn circuits but whoever does it first will be making a big positive step into the future of the pulling world.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 02:21PM
Sounds like the exact same nonsense we heard about sf! There needs to be a reduction in GN classes not adding more state/brush pull classes to GN.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 25, 2020 12:22AM
All I'm saying, is be careful what you wish for.

If you think the class is great now, then keep it how it is. Once you get on the bigger stage, you will see a wider separation in those that want to spend money and those that do not. Therefore taking what you all say is an affordable, colorful class. And you will ruin it. Look at any class before it, that should've stayed at the state level.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 09:35AM
I think what you guys who want llss to be a GN class fail to understand is that it won’t cause growth but rather a decline in the class. It grows because it is an attainable class on the local levels. Make it grand national and it will fail for a multitude of reasons.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 09:53AM
I believe that the NTPA and PPL need to write a set of rules for the LLSS class. The rules need to be the same for both organizations. Having said that I do not believe it would be the end of the class if the rules are written with sensible turbo, pump and cubic inch limits. Rather uniform will help the growth of the class. With uniform rules parts are more readily available for both buying and selling, pulling in any part of the country will then be available to the pullers. And just because there are a set of uniform rules that are nation wide does not mean the every LLSS will run out and chase points on the national circuit. Give promoters the option of having the class or not. Not every TWD or SF or any other class that has rules runs the national circuit, however they now have that option. The LLSS needs the chance to be seen on a bigger stage.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2020 10:23AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 01:02PM
The NTPA did come up with a set of rules for a Regional LLSS class. Most people don't know, but the LLSS class was voted to be a regional class for 2020, but no promoters booked the class.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 01:52PM
I'd think some geographical regions located around llss clubs would work,then have the class hook at 4 GB events.that would keep travel down,and provide opportunity to show the class at large events

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 25, 2020 12:06AM
The PPL Western Series also has a set of rules. I know there not the same as the NTPA rules . As Dick Morgan stated they need to be the same unified rules in PPL and NTPA . And as Brent stated , the WTPA and a group I think in either Indiana or Ohio come up with some kind of agreement of rules to be GN class .

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 25, 2020 03:37AM
Correct, Hoosier State Pullers.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 25, 2020 05:44AM
This would have been my 42nd year going to Tomah. Never heard anyone complain about the LLSS class not being there. Also curious to know which classes that support NTPA/PPL all year long should lose their spot at the GN pulls so your class can get in? None of you ever seem to mention that that aspect. Which class that runs all over the country supporting their series should take a seat at the biggest events of the year so your class can get it in?

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 25, 2020 02:02PM
Grubby by chance are you the president of the Optimus club ? --- just sayn !!!! Your always so optimistic an positive !!!

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 03:37AM
?
Grubby by chance are you the president of the Optimus club ? --- just sayn !!!! Your always so optimistic an positive !!!
Asking a valid question is being negative? A question that I've asked several times that has never been responded to by the way. So you tell me captain positive, which classes that support the series all year long should get shafted at the biggest pulls of the year for your beloved llss class? I'm pretty sure that's the first question a promoter will be asking you as well. Sorry if honesty is hard for you to handle cupcake, but if you really want your class at big time pulls, then you're going to have to answer some tough questions.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 06:38AM
Hey Grubby your tough questions are not tough questions. Tomah was already getting rid of heavy supers so theres an open spot. Im sure other gn events will be getting rid of heavy supers as well. And for the reason why you may not have heard anyone talking about llss at gn events is probably because they are the same people that attend one tractor pull a year and dont even know what a llss is. But once they see a class of llss they wont forget it.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 01:32PM
Hum -- struck a nerve ? Sry buttercup if you cant handle it, light limited is a fan favorite an fastest growing an most diverse class there is, about the most farmer related class there is. Im sure you've got your PRESIDENT OF THE OPTIMUS CLUB position for as long as you want it - but your really over qualified !!! FYI --- when you have maybe 8 to 10 heavy supers at a grand national pull ( an thats if none break after first hook) and then you could have 25 Light Limiteds --- who do you think would put on the best show-- if a couple light limiteds broke thered still be a huge class, might even be more like 35 or 40 , you never know and ALL BRANDS represented !!!

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 01:35PM
My post was for Grubby-- the president of the Optimus Club !!! Alias --- buttercup !!!

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 04:54PM
If a national set of rules were in effect I'd think regions for this class could be made due to current number and location,then have 2 hooks at the 4 big events ,1 each in june,july,aug,sept.then a hook in Gordy to crown class champion

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 11:31PM
Sounds like a plan --- i agree !!!

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 11:03AM
LBB
What are the steps someone has to take to make llss into a gn class? I know theres lots of intrest in it and that got me thinking what does someone have to do to make it into a gn class? Who do they have to speak with? What meetings do they have to attend? If someone is going to do it this would be a good year to do it. If you dont want to see llss as a gn class then start another forum about it, i don't want to see twd trucks as a gn class but I've learned to deal with it.

Maybe contact some of the GN promoters and tell them that you would like them to consider your class and guarantee them 12 tractors at every llss gn event for 2021 and see if they are interested. Let them know how much prize money your class will require etc. LLSS is a good class.
Be ready to travel to all over the US wherever you are scheduled to pull.

TWD is my favorite class but I love watching 4wd, LLSS, super stock, mod, unlimited, pro stock, semis as well.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 24, 2020 02:26PM
I am so glad a class i help get started has came so far that first pull with just six tractors have came a long way although i wish the modified stock class would have stayed around

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 25, 2020 09:31AM
LBB

LLSS would need to get in line behind Light Pros, Limited Pros, and if we talk about trucks, Pro Stock Diesel FWD (if it ever catches on in NTPA) as the next GN class, but in a thread a few months ago, it was suggested downsizing to (I think) 8 GN classes. We currently have 13. Mr. Webb had a really good idea of how it might work, and a few people had tweaks and other thoughts.

I say this partly in jest, but partly in seriousness:

Within 5 years some pulling organization somewhere will come out with a cheaper, more limited version of the limited light super stock class (or is it light limited super stock?). I have no idea if it will be "Limited" Light Limited Super Stock or some other name. How do you think we went from Pro Stock as the only sanctioned single charger class to now we have Super Farm, Light Pro, Limited Pro, Hot Farm, Pro Farm, etc.?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2020 02:01PM by The Original Michael.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 25, 2020 01:40PM
You are exactly rite the class is already getting out of hand for what it was ment to be a new class could be started with a box turbo and Agg tires and save 10 to 15 thousand dollars the remark that it is a class that anybody could win on any given day is over

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 25, 2020 03:12PM
LLSS is not comparable to light pro or limited pro its a whole different class that utilizes smaller chassis tractors and both diesel and alcohol. Light pro and limited pro will have a harder time turning into gn class because there's already classes on the gn circuit that already utilizes the same exact tractor they just have different engines. For all the LLSS haters out there its time to face the fact that theres no really good reason for LLSS not to be a gn class, sooner or later it is going to be a gn class, might as well stop fighting it and think about building a LLSS and join the fun!

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 25, 2020 04:50PM
Ummm yes LLSS is comparable to light pro and limited pro because they have LSS (light super stock) witch runs alcohol and diesel together Ag rear or component..... HSS (heavy super stock) which branches into Diesel, DSS or Open OSS and they all run a lighter weight then LPS or LimPro. but LP and LimPro has PS (ProStock)

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 09:57AM
Listen it’s a single charger ag chassis, that relates to light pro, limited pro and superfarm . It’s charger limit relates it to superfarm and hot farm. Only 1 fuel choice and 30.5’s relate it to any ss class. As for your analogy of them being small frame that will go out the window if it would become a GN class. It likely would become component in short order. I’d be surprised if a satisfactory turbo rule between the 2 fuels would ever be reached and or the inevitable issue of the cubic inch difference between the two fuels. Too many combinations to police and in short order you’ll have a few dominant teams and a bunch of bandwagons staying home because it’s just to much traveling. It’s a state level class and a good one at that where the regions set their own versions of the rules. It’s just not a GN caliber class

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 02:40PM
In a earlier post i said numbers would drop you just explained part of the reason some would go grand national but most would not because of expense to go all over the country to compete

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 03:16PM
"My .02" = Bingo, bingo, bingo !!! Especially the "staying home because it’s just to much traveling."

That is exactly what we have currently with RN2 Light PS - those guys openly state they do not want to travel more than 2 to 3 hours from home. So much for Lgt PS being a GN class despite all those on this board that try to convince us that the class is GN worthy. Of which they are, but when the owners do not want to travel within basically 2 states, how do you pulloff.com thread class promoters expect the tractor owners are going to be willing to travel to about 6 GN states (which is far from 'travelling the whole country' as a poster previously stated).

So extrapolate this Lgt PS scenario to LLSS. Likely have the same self induced 'travel limitation'. Basically, that is what we saw in very recent years with the National LLSS circuit that Ed Shoobrige worked his tail off to try to make successful. Many of those events did not even have the aforementioned 12 tractors.

So let us see your list of LLSS pullers who have guaranteed they will definitely travel to all supposed proposed 2021 GN events. That will be needed to try to entice promoters to add 'your cherished' old classic ag chassis class to the event roster.

Re: What does it take to make a class into a grand national class? June 26, 2020 10:29PM
I think the last post kinda hit the nail on the head . How many would make that commitment to travel all summer long ? But if the opportunity does come to show PPL or NTPA ,we need to show them . Maybe this year is a some what of that . PPL Western Series still has a few pulls on yet for the class . We have a few guys putting pulls together now . There's not many , but numbers do get noticed.

David Runkle class rep for Badger State LLSS class. 815-821-4686

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,775, Posts: 229,944, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,031.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009