Trailer or Hauler for tractor July 05, 2020 08:56AM
Hey all
Building LLSS and looking for ideas on transportation.
Small family, no CDL. Looking to haul tractor and atv/UTV
Truck and gooseneck??
Will large RV handle bumper trailer and tractor.

Suggestions greatly appreciated

Re: Trailer or Hauler for tractor July 06, 2020 07:53AM
My suggestion is a fifth wheel toter and semi trailer. Preferably twin screw but if money is tight you could go with a single screw and gooseneck trailer. Lots of older ones out there that are cheaper than a new pick-up. Better safety. I went with a class 8 coach and Tag trailer but never needed all the room in the living quarters and would have liked to have more room in the trailer.

There are some RVs that can handle a bumper pull but I wouldn't try it with anything that doesn't have two axles in the rear. Again, safety and reliability being of paramount concern. So, in order of preference:

twin screw toter with semi trailer
single screw toter with semi trailer or gooseneck
Class 8 Motor coach with tag trailer
1 ton with a gooseneck
large RV with bumper pull

Re: Trailer or Hauler for tractor July 06, 2020 10:58AM
Thanks for info

Re: Trailer or Hauler for tractor July 07, 2020 01:07AM
We use a diesel single axle RV with a bumper pull enclosed trailer. Haul tractor and UTV. We really enjoy the RV because of the room for living quarters, and you can use it for more than tractor pulling. We just don't get in a hurry when we are going anywhere with the trailer behind it.

I would say you get the most bang for the buck with the setup.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,790, Posts: 229,989, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009