Wild Buck August 16, 2009 09:16AM
Heard the Wild Buck team got in an accident with their hauler in early July and haven't seen them since. I'm wondering what the status is and wishing them all the best. Hope no one was seriously injured.

Happy Pulling,

Jay

Re: Wild Buck August 16, 2009 09:53AM
No one was seriously hurt except for the tractor. From what I've heard it was almost a complete lost. Possibly the motor was the only thing savable. Again that is just what I've heard.

Re: Wild Buck August 16, 2009 11:55AM
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that no one was seriously injured Sorry to hear that they had that much damage. I had heard the truck was wrecked but I didn't know the tractor was wrecked to.

Re: Wild Buck August 16, 2009 12:31PM
Everything is pretty much completely totaled, not sure if you will ever see another "Wild Buck" again! Sad

Re: Wild Buck August 17, 2009 10:47AM
Here is some pictures of the wreakage. I will put a couple more up. Sounds like I missed a hell of a pull at Hillsboro I was in a wedding and was unable to attend. Nobody consumed that much after the pull did they??!

Jared Friedrichs

Re: Wild Buck August 17, 2009 10:52AM
some more pictures

Re: Wild Buck August 17, 2009 12:46PM
Jared, Thanks for the pics. Glad you guys werent' hurt too bad. I know it is hard to say it, but the life you saved by your instincts is worth more than the tractor. I totaled out my truck several years ago to avoid a spun out car on the Interstate. Glad everyone is OK. Has the insurance company been treating you guys OK on the tractor? That can get messy sometimes. I know they won't give you enough for the semi truck and trailer compared to what you feel it is worth. Hoping things work in your favor in the end because of the way you reacted while driving.

Re: Wild Buck August 17, 2009 01:58PM
So what actually caused the wreck, I didn't hear, I take it the semi is the hauler, tractor just on a gooseneck after the accident. Looked pretty bad, too badd for the losses, but atleast noone was seriously injured. and where was this at?

Re: Wild Buck August 17, 2009 11:02AM
what happened... hope everyone is ok.

Re: Wild Buck August 17, 2009 02:22PM
A car pulled out in front of them and they took evasive action to aviod t-boning them. Truck and trailer rolled and the tractor came out of the trailer. If I heard the story right the truck hit a tree and almost a house. There was an article about it in the Sauk Valley paper from Sterling Illinois.

Re: Wild Buck August 17, 2009 11:24AM
Jared, thanks for the pics! I never heard,....... was there any Busch Light lost?? If there was, we will need a moment of silence. Sad

I hope you guys are comming up on sat. Let me know if you need a place to stay!

Brad

Re: Wild Buck August 18, 2009 04:30AM
any parts salvagable if so forsale????

Re: Wild Buck August 18, 2009 05:39AM
Id buy the whole tractor..... I know a good body man!!! Seriously I would be interested, post your number.

Re: Wild Buck August 18, 2009 06:01AM
The accident was east of polo il about 3 or 4 miles which is only 10 miles or so north of where we live. We were on our way to jefferson Wi. It was drizzling out there was a 82 year old lady from Colorado that kind of stopped at a stop sign (we had the right of way) then she left the stop sign and just kind of coasted which left us no where to go. We tryed avoiding her and still hit the front of her car. We went of the road and all I remember is trees and thinking how bad the tractor was getting bounced around. We ran over one decent sized tree then came to a rest with the semi on one side of a tree, up next to a house and brick wall shop, and the trailor/tractor on the other side with the tree in the middle of the trailor. We havent tooken the tractor apart yet the motor and rearend appears allright and hopefully the crank, because the frame bent so bad it went over and touched the front damper, so we will have to get that stuff magnifluxed. I think everything else is pretty bad. 1 back/front tire and rim, roll cage, steering colum, turbo broke off and went though the hood. and the whole front end/frame. It all looks ugly.Everytime I look at it I find something else bent up. Brad might take up the offer sat. if I dont have to work at Sauk praire. Thanks for the support hopefully you will see a WILD BUCK back on the track.

Jared Friedrichs

Re: Wild Buck August 18, 2009 06:47AM
Hope you guys do get it put back together. Gonna miss seeing the Wild Buck tonight at the state fair. Good luck and hope to see you out in the near future.

Re: Wild Buck August 18, 2009 08:53AM
We sure do miss you guys in the BSTP.. its naked with out ya!.. Us Sterling folk are still thinking of ya!! Maybe we will see ya, if your around at Sauk on Sat.!!

Hey Aggirl August 18, 2009 09:41AM
Have you ever considered going to Bowling Green instead of Sauk? You can watch BSTP all summer long, but BG only comes once a year!

DPS

Re: Hey Aggirl August 18, 2009 02:50PM
Thanks, been to Bowling Green b4.. Have a little one to take care of, little to high priced this time around.. maybe again sometime... Enjoyed Bowling Green, as much as Tomah, and the 40 pulls we attend in every sanction all summer long.

Re: Hey Aggirl August 18, 2009 04:37PM
I go to BG every year and I also cross sanctioning bodies with the pulls in eastern iowa, wisconsin, illinois, and missouri. BG is definitely a lot of fun even though it is a long drive. Have fun at Sauk and maybe Dustin can keep his streak going. Sounds like Baders are going to sauk and skipping BG this year.

Re: Hey Aggirl August 19, 2009 02:35AM
Yeah, its a fun time, we sat on the Northside the yr. we went... INTERESTING... that's all I have to say about that side.. Have fun! Stay out of trouble..

Re: Wild Buck August 19, 2009 11:42AM
We hope to see you back on the track soon. We hate to see this misfortune for your team. It was good talking with you at Gordyville. We wish you the very best.

Travis Eaton Barely Gettin' By Lmited Pro

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,753, Posts: 229,905, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,091, Posts: 226,007.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM