mo state fair August 17, 2009 12:27AM
Are results for the missouri state fair posted anywheir

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 01:20AM
They might be afraid to give any of the results out, they might confuse somebody. The announcers couldn't give any of the placing after the classes yesterday because they said they were told not to so nobody would get confused about qualifying for today. Kind of a pain to go to a pull and have to keep your own records to know who wins.

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 03:05AM
The blood, the sweat & the beer how about THE BIG DOG on the 4.1 deere!!!!!!!!! go mizzou

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 05:46AM
Yeah the pull last night was a complete mess. Had people pulling in wrong orders, announcers could not give out results, and about 25 minutes to reweight the sled and get a new class up there. Seemed like officials were more worried with getting their little white chalk line put down so people would not cross it than keeping the classes moving along. Hope to God that Carl, the state fair director, gets fired so we can finally get a good pull at the missouri state fair again, like it used to be. Monday's pull used to be one of the top pulls in the state, but now its a joke. I paid $10 to see them last night, or i can pay $15 today and see the exact same pull over again. What a joke!

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 06:42AM
Just my opinion, but I think it's ok. that the local competitors get to put on a show, but I agree with you that
there should be a bigger show at the grandstand. The " CHIEF"Thumbs Down will see to it that that never happens.
I personally hope they lose their_______ on todays grandstand show.

like the old saying,"you have to spend money to make money" so if you want a cheap show, thats what you get, a cheap show. They won't get my 15 dollars, and alot of others feel the same.

Wake up Missouri! There is no reason you can't make money on a good grandstand show. Confused

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 08:09AM
Any Results???????

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 08:22AM
I hope they loss there @$$ to so maybe they see the light and get something good at the grandstands again like 3 or4 years ago

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 10:10AM
Agree with all of you. Wont spend the money,so u get junk. Go pull ur retard tractors that a wholr alot of people dont want to see. They want to see a show not a mess for the state fair. Could be one of the best pulls, but now one of the worst.

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 11:49AM
they need to get ppl or ntpa to come in on monday. Thank goodness they got rid of the second rate overpriced outlaw show!

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 12:02PM
I really, really hate to see this but I think that the Missouri State Fair is going the direction of the Nebraska State Fair. In the late 1980's Nebraska was the last NTPA Grand National event of the year. It decided the points races each year. Then they got into it with the NTPA. Next thing you know it is an Outlaw and Nebraska Bush pull. Still 3 sessions. Not as good but O.K. Now this year a 1 session Outlaw pull!!! I can't beleive it has fallen to this. Ravenna, Nebraska and Wisner, Nebraska are now huge compared to the Nebraska State Fair! Don't let this happen in Missouri. There are too many tractors in Missouri for that to happen but that is the direction it is going.

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 01:09PM
Need to switch to a fri & sat instead of sun & mon, along with ntpa or ppl.

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 02:27PM
There's still hope for Ne state fair, as this is the last year in Lincoln. They've been trying to run that pull off for years. Maybe they can build a decent show in Grand Island, may take a few years! The Mo state Fair deal is make more money now with a lesser show and pay for it for years to come! Carl must be building his legacy!

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 02:43PM
Nebraska did themselves in.
They don't treat anyone good at all. Lots of folks from central Iowa not even interested in going. And with it moving to Grand Island, will make the sell of going to Nebraska harder. Some may try it for first year to see if treatment is any better, and if track is any better (Lincoln track is crap). Most will wait to hear news from "points chasers" on track condition and puller appreciation.
Ravenna and Wisner MUCH better at both those issues.
Move Wisner to Spencer weekend or weekend before since this'll be last year for Spencer.

Re: mo state fair August 19, 2009 03:32PM
hey beagle boy apparently you have a pretty large mouth on you, maybe you should try announcing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do a pretty good job of making fun of the people who put on the pull & the pullers that pull at them, maybe you should try to put on the pull yourself. Do you even own a piece of pulling equiptment??????????? Well from the size of your mouth you must have a bad machine! If you dont own one, you should be thankful that the way the economy is that the pullers came & put on as good of a show as they did.

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 04:35PM
"spend money to make money" can be words from a fool. Fact is that even if they don't put hardley anyone in the Grand Stand they will lose less money doing what they are now than they were with the Outlaw Show. The dodge arena was packed with people and I thought it was a good show. The drunk announcer from MSTPA should had been carted off and is a total disgrace to that association. Heck he even said over the mic that he would meet up with one of his buddies later for another beer. He slobbered so much when he talked that you could almost get drunk by listening to him!

Re: mo state fair August 17, 2009 05:41PM
The Pioneer show is quite a spectacle, and at $25 for a pit pass and not much payout, makes more money than 9/10 of all pulls out there!

Re: mo state fair August 18, 2009 02:48AM
I thought Mon nights show was very good. Grandstands where full of people, lots of great running iron, good variety of classes. Announcing could have been better (Sundays was bad, no placings). Much better than the last couple of Outlaw pulls. Doyle

Re: mo state fair August 18, 2009 11:27PM
The announcer wasn't drunk. To the author "outlaws lost more", have you ever ate too many tomatos and had acid sores in your mouth? I made that mistake early last week. So it made it a little painful to talk for several hours in a row. I had made a comitment to Carl and the other announcer that I would be there to do a job. So I came and did the best I could. If I am invited back in 2010 I will not make the same mistake. The last thing I want to do is be a disgrace to any pulling organization that I work with! I also never consume alcoholic beverages while I work as an announcer. As far as the beer coment, sometimes what sounds good in your head doesn't always turn out that way.

Everyone has a right to say what they want on here. I just wanted to set the record straight since it involved me. Thanks to all of you for coming to the pull and hopfully 2010 whether I'm there or not will be more pleasing to those of you on this blog.

Keep playing in the dirt and keep the chain tight!!!!

Re: mo state fair August 18, 2009 09:38AM
get outlaw 2 come back we put on good show!!!!!

Re: mo state fair August 18, 2009 12:59PM
I hope your not serious.

Re: mo state fair August 19, 2009 05:31AM
Outlaw is out unless you can guarantee more than 15 hooks as the case was in the past!!!! Outlaws just don't produce the numbers and that isn't fair to the spectators or the organization putting on the show.

Re: mo state fair August 19, 2009 05:51AM
You gotta be kidding. They dont produce the numbers???? I am on a commitee that puts on a pretty good size show in Nebraska, The Outlaws have yet to not bring us a good quality show. Once in a while they may have a down class for some reason or another, but they bring alot of good looking and good running Trucks and Tractors. You give any group a good place to pull and pay them well & you will get the numbers.

Re: mo state fair August 19, 2009 08:17AM
I can't speak for the payout, but the numbers at the MO state fair were dropping until 07 when it was terrible in all classes. It was part of the fair sweep so I would expect the payout was Outlaw's normal payout. Look up the results from several pulls that were held in MO in 07 & I think you'll see that numbers in almost all classes were dissapointing at those events especially if you discount truck pullers that would have been there anyways had you booked a local organization.

They may go to Nebraska but the dSS tractors are mostly based in IA and don't seem to want to go south. I've joked that if you can't throw a rock & hit IA soil from the pulling track the dSS won't be there! Smiling With TPM gone they don't pick up many dSS, 2wd blower trucks, or mods (although as I recall the Outlaw mods travel pretty faithfully). When they went box turbo in SF & no other MO association did they lost most of those who previously pulled Outlaw per hook.

I'm glad they work for you but I think '07 left a pretty bad taste for Outlaws with several MO promoters. It's a tough deal becasue I think you have pullers that for various reasons are not willing to travel extensively but they schedule over a pretty big area.

Re: mo state fair August 19, 2009 12:13PM
The outlaws are not national they are state.They dont bring anything unless it is in nebraska or iowa. But,they do have plenty of stupid farm tractors also known as super farm so they can bail hay then pull on the weekend. This association has been goin down hill for years.

Re: mo state fair August 19, 2009 12:23PM
So, Any results?????

Re: mo state fair August 19, 2009 12:35PM
They dont have results because nobody kept distances, it was run what u brung,give us ur money and good nite sweetheart. this pull is a joke. For the announcer who stood up for himself because he had sores in his mouth from tomatoes. Excuses are like a- holes, everybody's got one.

Re: mo state fair August 20, 2009 02:49AM
Hey Hemi-1350. I am pretty sure Beagle doesn't have any type of puller.(anymore). Sounds to bitter at the sport in general. I think he could maybe have a dirt circle track car of some kind or maybe a demo car.

Re: mo state fair August 20, 2009 11:41AM
Hey Ken. Sure dont have a puller. Would love to have a dirt car. I am guessing u pull and dont do jack squat. Can u guys just admit the pull was bad. Sorry about the economy, Hemi. If Chrysler wouldnt have given their employees 30 + DOLLARS AN HOUR maybe there wouldnt be such a problem. Also have no education and get every benefit in the world. That is the problem MR. HEMI with the economy. How are those HEMIS DOIN NOW. 75 percent of pullers are farmers. If u post again, I can explain

Re: mo state fair August 20, 2009 06:54AM
a how do you like what the board did when a person didnt make the cut from sunday (5 tractors from MATPA and 5 tractors from IAMO) but got to run on monday and should have not been alowed to run then come from 12th out of 12 tractors to #1 that just cheeted all the rest of the class out of there places. Miller must be real happy now to know they got it but really didnt .

Re: mo state fair August 20, 2009 07:02AM
Missouri State Fair = Biggest Cheater Wins!

Re: mo state fair August 20, 2009 09:45AM
YA THAT IS CORRECT OR THE SPONCER WITH THE MOST MONEY TO WAVE AT THE BOARD

Re: mo state fair August 23, 2009 02:20PM
There is NO money from Miller. Those guys just know how to make a good story. And they like to drink alot of Miller beer. They are just a couple good ole boys that will always congratulate the winner every and offer them a beer.

Re: mo state fair August 20, 2009 08:07AM
Like i Said,that baby was organized. Great show. Hope it is that good next year. Rumor has it there wont be a next year. I sure got Hemis panties in a wad. Sorry. Not really. Just stating facts.

Re: mo state fair August 20, 2009 09:43AM
who were these 10 tractors?

Re: mo state fair August 20, 2009 09:52AM
all the classic mods made the cut should have been 10 not 12 the 11th and 12th tractors was the lime green miller tractor and the purple miller tractor was the 12th they should have not been able to pull in the finals it is a combination of driver and tractor sorry if you dont make the cut go home and come back next year not the next day

Re: mo state fair August 20, 2009 11:30AM
Again what a pull

Re: mo state fair August 20, 2009 03:03PM
Hey Beagle....okay here is my post.....please explain what you were talking about. (Your incomplete thoughts and run on sentences were a little vague.) Just for your information, I fit into that 75% you were talking about. Just because my name on here has Hemi in it does not mean that I work for Chrysler, nor have I ever....maybe I just like them. It's kind of like me assuming that you are a dog because your screen name is beagle.

Re: mo state fair August 21, 2009 12:33AM
Hey Hemi! We got give beagle a little credit. He was right on me that I do pull also & I am also part of the 75% , As for part I dont do sqwat I am not sure if he ment that I was a bad puller or lazy. Some days it can be both, Ha Ha, I am gonna guess that Beagle is a politician, he like to blame everything on someone else and tell them he know all the answers to fix it.

Re: mo state fair August 21, 2009 01:13AM
Yeh Ken, u just might be right. You know there might be a few things about the pull at the fair that could be addressed, but when you try to combine that many associations together its kinda hard to make everyone happy. I cant talk for everyone like our friend '' beagle'', but i go to pulls to have fun & hang around with my friends. U know as for his comment about the ''unhook the plow & go hook'', im sure there is plenty of room in any class if you would care to compete. Maybe you will find out how cheap even starting out in pulling can be!

Re: mo state fair August 21, 2009 06:27AM
With insurance the way it is there is getting to be a lot less (unhook from the plow ) classes. But that is how must of us started, Unhook it from the plow or the trailer, steam it off, give it a tuneup and go to the track. To pull in any class any more and be competitive is getting expensive. It dosent matter if it is truck or tractor at any level, state or national. If the beagle gets his demo car or circle burner he will find that sport is no different,. except that after the race someone will acuse him of cheating (if he does good) claim his engine & then want to fight him. I will take drinking a beer with the people who pulled against me any day.ha ha

Re: mo state fair August 22, 2009 05:51PM
well for all the people that saw the pull on sunday and on monday you all know that i am # one and i dont care what trophy i got . and for me i know i put it all on the line every time i pull and i hope it shows to all the fans thanks to all of you Michael Team Vendetta

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009