JD front pump August 18, 2009 11:33PM
How many HP does it take to spin the front Hydraulic pump at 3000 rpm on a John Deere?

Re: JD front pump August 19, 2009 02:39AM
Not much if you're not using any hydraulics (turning the wheels or hitting the brakes) & don't have leaks. It's a demand type pump that strokes only enough to meet needs.

Re: JD front pump August 19, 2009 02:43AM
so if you have a foot on a brake if probably takes 20 hp?

Re: JD front pump August 19, 2009 05:26AM
I'm not going to guess actual HP but it's a function of flow & pressure. I doubt that it's 20 as a small tractor would come to a stop if it took that much. Since you're not lifting a disc you should be able to adjust the system pressure lower & save a couple of HP. My point was don't expect to jump a gear higher by removing the pump but if you want every last HP to the ground & only run the steering & brakes off the hydraulics you can dump it for an electric snow plow pump.

If you need to keep it (Quad or Hydraulic clutch) the brakes shouldn't take that much flow - use them & the steering when you need them - just don't be idly turning the wheels for no reason while they're up in the air.

Re: JD front pump August 19, 2009 06:01AM
why do you need it for quad or hyd clutch?

Re: JD front pump August 19, 2009 07:38AM
I may be wrong but I thought they ran off the main hydraulic system. Do they run off the low pressure trans pump only?

Re: JD front pump August 19, 2009 01:27PM
So how many rpm's does a guy dare turn with the front pump hooked up?

Re: JD front pump August 19, 2009 02:49PM
What do you have & what are you hoping to do with it?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009