Tractor pulling Engines/ super farm and 4.1 questions November 08, 2020 01:54PM
1. Is it possible to compete in the super farm class or a 4.1 class without going to the Dyno.
In my opinion , I believe you can compete without being on the Dyno. Any thoughts?
2. Is it also possible to compete in those same classes without having a data logger ?
In my opinion. I believe that you can . Any thoughts?
I was wondering if I was crazy or just thinking I'm wasting my time going to those classes without Dyno or data log . I'm not in it for fun, but I certainly need to move up , but want to be competitive with my own work. I certainly use , good vendors for parts. I just install and go.

I saw a topic down below..I read. Keyboard puller . I thought for a minute, this could be interpreted in a million ways . Is the guy that goes to the Dyno and uses a data logger a keyboard puller ? . I can see why it stirred controversy. Anyway, it did for me .

I felt that , am I in the middle of where, in tractor pulling.

Re: Tractor pulling Engines/ super farm and 4.1 questions November 08, 2020 02:04PM
Simple answer is yes you can compete, but will you be near the front probably not. Dynos are learning tools to perfect a combo, and data acquisition will pay for itself in the long run. Find a good reputable dyno shop that has experience in working on your brand and go test, you will learn more in a few hours than a year going down the track

Re: Tractor pulling Engines/ super farm and 4.1 questions November 09, 2020 08:30AM
I used to think the same way, but the data recorder is more than worth it. Its amazing what you can learn from just one run worth of data, and with all the options out there these days you can pick one up cheap

Re: Tractor pulling Engines/ super farm and 4.1 questions November 09, 2020 11:00AM
Well for starters you just names the 2of the biggest "dyno" classes out there short answer "can you compete?" Yes ........ where will you finish? wayyyy back normally

Re: Tractor pulling Engines/ super farm and 4.1 questions November 09, 2020 02:08PM
Build your own motor and take it to a dyno shop, and take some parts with you to try, and they usually have some stuff you can try and buy. Lots of pullers build their own, and that's a great thing. as far as different part of the country, may be a little difference but not a lot, and a data logger will help keep that under control.

Re: Tractor pulling Engines/ super farm and 4.1 questions November 09, 2020 01:59PM
Ok .
So I have another question. If I sent my engine to a Dyno shop. Let's say it ships to Illinois, does that area have different atmospheric pressure and would that change the Dyno settings ..for say NY . Would you have to retune with the data logger ? I'm assuming you could be 100hp off. Does that make sense or dumb question?

I'm struggling with fact that if I had and engine builder build my engine and Dyno it. Would there be any pride in myself and accomplishment knowing I have a ( crate engine ) in my tractor. I know there's more to it than just the engine, but do you feel like it's really not mine . Hmm.
But I also feel that I can't be next to last every other week, that's discouraging with junk I put together.
I felt like tractor pulling is the last motorsport that's not like nascar . .. Here's your car and drive .

Re: Tractor pulling Engines/ super farm and 4.1 questions November 10, 2020 12:29AM
I have never been to the dyno, does it help" sure " but that being said, i do have a computer that tells me what the engine is doing, i run alcohol, it sure helps on temperature, it made my tractor come from the middle of the class to a contender just by being able to set my fuel off of what the computer told me, and fyi --- we built everything so its still our motor.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason