box turbo rule November 11, 2020 07:18AM
the club i pull with is interested in possibly going to a box turbo rule....what I would like to know from other pullers who already have a rule like this in place is dose this work? is there ways around a "seal"? Dose this cost more in the long run considering some may go to the dyno more often and spend huge amounts in other places? any and all input is appreciated

Re: box turbo rule November 11, 2020 07:37AM
what I have seen thru my many yrs around several venues of competitive motors sports is that if one area is policed properly, another area of concern takes over and causes issues, big bore, Mi. water, hybrid diesel fuel, something, else takes over to give an edge, good idea, like rpm limits, but seldom see any checked.speedlimits help. but big money and hp still have the advantage, -- however the best "driver" can overcome some issues.

Re: box turbo rule November 11, 2020 07:44AM
We have a box charger rule that must be sealed all by the same turbo shop basically you mount the turbo how you want ship it to the company to seal for around $50 the shop will usually only charge for sealing if you don’t buy the turbo from them we used to do the honor system and it didn’t work guys found ways around it and hid billet wheels map ring extension etc to me sealing is the best method

Re: box turbo rule November 11, 2020 10:52AM
Rule needs to be everyone needs to run box turbo from certain provider and sealed. With a buyout rule on turbo?

Re: box turbo rule November 13, 2020 06:55AM
dose everyone need to buy the turbo from the same place?

Re: box turbo rule November 12, 2020 08:51AM
I can’t make the meeting but with that said, I can see a positive here and there to having one but at same time if that rule comes into effect I will not be buying a turbo to pull with that organization.

Re: box turbo rule November 12, 2020 10:31AM
JnDrGrn can I ask why you wouldn't pull with this organization

Re: box turbo rule (like to know) November 12, 2020 10:42PM
Yeah, it’s not that I dislike the organization but I pull with them only a handful of times a year. So won’t be buying a turbo to swap out just for a few hooks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520