Rare photos 7 or 8 engine tractor November 27, 2020 08:28AM
]
Les Grodi Silver Dome photos

I have bad luck getting images to display when trying to post photos, but the links are for Les Grodi in the Silver Dome. I've seen pictures of this tractor with 6. Thought I had read a comment in either an old Puller Flyin' Dust section or Pulling Power mentioning Grodi with an 8 engine tractor. Someone found these and posted on Facebook. If anyone can get them to display on here, please do so. I can count 7, not sure about 8 unless the back bottom motor is hidden.

There is also a rare photo of Bunnage's with 8 engines on Facebook. I assume this one was from the early '90s. Link below:
Bunnage 8 engine mod

The first tractor with over 4 that I can think of was Milton Bergman with 6 engines where he sat over the front wheels. If I can find a photo of that one I'll post also. Milton Bergman 6 engine tractor

What are some of the most creative or unusual modifieds you remember from the early days of pulling? One I don't have a pic of is Schmiesing's Edsel Express, the only mod I know of that ran Edsel engines. Another I'd like to see a pic of is a guy from Illinois named Ralph Bruns who ran Seagraves engines. Not sure what those are even like, but I'd love to see a photo of it.

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2020 08:59AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Rare photos 7 or 8 engine tractor November 27, 2020 02:32PM
Les built his 6 engine version about same year bergman built his 6 enginge tractor. Les built his 8 engine tractor in winter of 1982.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,686, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,898.

Our newest member JD_8520