IH Exhaust manifold question January 05, 2021 05:07AM
I am wondering what exhaust manifold I should use on my pulling tractor. I am new to running with a turbo & was wondering what the benefits are to different types.

It will be a 540 cubic with a 3x3 turbo and a P Pump. There are no restrictions for RPM's in the class I will be running.

Which one should I start with?
Stainless steel Header
Cast performance manifold. (Hypermax or others)

Re: IH Exhaust manifold question January 05, 2021 11:39AM
Id highly recommend giving corey bobb a call he makes a very nice header thats proven to make power.812-569-0089

Re: IH Exhaust manifold question January 05, 2021 12:29PM
You would be surprised how much power a stock IH manifold will make, especially with a smaller charger like the 3x3. I have never tested a custom manifold on a dyno compared to a stock one, but I'd be surprised if the difference is such that it would warrant the added expense with a 3x3. Now if you get into the bigger turbos, the im sure it would make a difference worth checking in on.

Re: IH Exhaust manifold question January 05, 2021 12:32PM
Just wanted to say, not putting down the fellows work that Josh mentioned above. I'm sure he does a great job. I was just sharing my opinion on a stock manifold. Please feel free to do and spend as you desire. Good luck on your build.

Re: IH Exhaust manifold question January 05, 2021 12:39PM
One other thing, We lost power with a 3x3 turbo and a Hyper prostock manifold just FYI. Thats why I question with the small charger if there is anything that would make a gain in hp over the stock manifold. Again, I'm sure there are better solutions with bigger chargers. Best wishes

Re: IH Exhaust manifold question January 05, 2021 01:26PM
You’re absolutely right a hyper header is way to big. Coreys was designed to work with smaller cubic inch and turbo classes. A stock manifold is a good choice also but if you’re wanting a header give him a call.

Re: IH Exhaust manifold question January 06, 2021 03:06PM
Are any different 400 series manafolds out there that flow differently? IE the 1066 Vs 5488 etc or all of them basically the same?

Re: IH Exhaust manifold question January 06, 2021 03:21PM
Basically the same on ag application's.

Re: IH Exhaust manifold question January 10, 2021 03:30PM
I do know that the aftermarket manifolds for like a 1066 are not nearly as good as a factory ones. The castings are shaped terribly on the inside, at least the one we got was.

Re: IH Exhaust manifold question January 13, 2021 05:56AM
Scott Larson I agree with your opinion they look terrible on the inside but we tried one on the Dyno and was actually 5 horse better. I believe we got from one of the salvage yards that sells new parts as well. Possibly worthington but don’t remember right off hand.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM