2021 season January 08, 2021 11:29AM
What are your thoughts on the 2021 season .. Will we even have one. My camera is getting lonely

Re: 2021 season January 08, 2021 11:54AM
Speculation has little value or merit, however with some the big events already out, - who knows, day to day, week to week is best approach, and with the NEW ADMINISTRATION ,-------------oNLY TIME WILL TELL.Many of us Live and Breath pulling, for some it is lively hood, and more, I have gone to more than 40 pulls with hundreds of hooks some seasons.

Re: 2021 season January 08, 2021 10:36PM
What did you all expect to happen with Covid-19 still in full swing. It wasn't the best decision to go ahead with pull in the 1st place. Everyone's sick of mandates and being forced to stay home but why would you put yourself in a situation where you almost guarantee yourself getting sick. Face the facts folks people are still dieing everyday from this virus and until it knocks on your door keep believing it's just the flu or the common cold. Whether pull goes on or not remember your kids and parents stay home is a pull worth giving it to a loved one. I know this is going to piss off A LOT of you but the facts are just that the facts. Hope to see everyone in a few months pulling all summer.

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 02:10AM
I live in Missouri and in 2020 I was either a puller or spectator at 36 pulls in 4 different states..Lots of the pulls had record crowds...There was probably 5-6000 people at the Wheatland,MO PPL pull...Very few wore masks and there was no large covid outbreaks....Several of the pullers did catch covid after the season was over..We have a governor in MO that believes in freedom...We have already had one pull in MO and another is coming up.

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 03:59AM
I hear ya Snoman, Went to Vegas last month, airport had half as many people, but all the bars were shut down, got on a full jet and sat there for 4 hours, each way, never got anything. This thing is being used as a weapon against us all. Went pulling in freeport, Ill last summer, one of the few pulls there were for our class and the place was packed, no outbreak there either. A few people get sick and the crazy people go crazier!! I say if you don`t to catch it, stay home. leave the rest of us to do what we want, The American way!

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 04:37AM
Sno Farmer - that’s my favorite example! Lol 6 foot apart at the airport, 6 inches apart on the plane!

Re: 2021 season January 08, 2021 01:18PM
I am hoping we have our normal season.. That being said, we still had a couple of really good pulls this past year, and in process of only making them even better!

Re: 2021 season January 08, 2021 01:21PM
One thing about it, if theres a limited season, there should be plenty of participants at whatever pulls happen.

Gordywana canceled? January 08, 2021 01:35PM
Doesn't look like the 2021 season is off to a very good start.

Re: Gordywana canceled? January 08, 2021 03:29PM
Gordy canceled? Where did u hear this?

Re: Gordywana canceled? January 08, 2021 04:26PM
As of now It's not canceled. More information will be available by Monday.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2021 04:26PM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Gordywana canceled January 08, 2021 04:37PM
Hopefully this all goes! I don’t wanna drive 6 hrs and get shut down
[www.fwbusiness.com]

Re: Gordywana canceled January 09, 2021 01:33AM
If I am reading this article correctly all the state and county wants is for everyone to wear a mask and the owner of the building doesn’t care. This is an easy decision, MASKS ARE MANDATORY if you dont want to wear one don’t go. But I would rather wear a mask and be able to pull. Let’s go pulling and all have some fun. Put your rebel views and ideas behind bye saying I’m not wearing one. This way of thinking will only cause another event to not operate. Let’s not ruin this awesome event.

Re: Gordywana canceled January 09, 2021 02:14AM
If you read the article again it says the place is closed because no one was wearing there masks

Re: Gordywana canceled January 09, 2021 03:03AM
The event is not cancelled yet. Attorney's for both sides are discussing. We will know more on Monday.

Re: Gordywana canceled January 09, 2021 05:08AM
The 25 person limit might be hard to get around.

Re: 2021 season January 08, 2021 02:10PM
Ocala, FL Jan 29 and 30th
Variety of classes
Covered arena

I'm pretty sure it is still on.

They used Nearpass sled last year.

Pretty much all of FL is open, just most stores require masks and most restaurants require mask while going to a table.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2021 02:12PM by kevinh.

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 12:27AM
We could see more pulls especially if some pulls are moved back to late summer to allow for more time to distribute vaccines.

On the negative side, in my opinion it makes sense for some promoters to take the year off. Don't do all of the advance work to have a pull when you have a chance of either (A) having to cancel or (Cool running the pull and losing money. If you run a pull and lose money, there could be pulls that struggle to ever come back from that. Sponsors could say no in 2022.

Lots of county fairs and town celebrations were cancelled here in Nebraska last year and with that, lots of tractor pulls. Some fairs did take place, but they cancelled their large shows like concerts & pulls. But we know two things now that we didn't for sure know in the summer of 2020. Masks work. That means fairs could mandate (or at least ask) that masks are worn indoors just like schools, businesses, etc are doing now. We're all used to it by now. Sure the village idiot will still refuse to wear a mask but many others will comply. And second, there are vaccines on the way. That's the game changer in my book.

So I think we'll see a big increase in pulls. I will predict that nationally we'll have half the number of pulls in 2021 that we had in 2019.

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 05:23AM
I still believe that the thread has taken a turn away from the original topic. Why is everything always about masks. There are so many other things that can/will affect the sport. I believe that the overall economy will have a major impact on the sport. Will the pullers have the money to support their vehicles, will sponsors be willing to spend money promoting their products, will state fairs be up and running. There are countless problems that pulling will have to work through in 2021. I also know that people are mad about government over reach, however masks are a issue that people can't let go of, to me masks are just one part of the overall problem.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2021 05:25AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 06:35AM
Dick,

Down here its mostly open as usual, there were several business's that didn't survive the first shutdown, however I was in Lansing Mi Monday on Business, OMG those poor folks are hurting.All bars are closed restaurants are mostly closed some doing take out. The long term impact of this deal may be the real pandemic!

BB

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 07:04AM
Bob,

I completely agree, this pandemics impact on the economy is what will effect this season. Sponsorship might be hard to come by in some areas. Promotors may not be able to get event insurance in certain areas. The ever looming threat of lockdowns and government over-reach would scare many events away from a regular schedule (especially those on public land). I can't imagine being the guy who has to layout thousands of dollars on advertising an event (plus all the other expenses) only to find out that the size of the crowd will be limited at the last minute or the event may be cancelled because the state/county/town/etc... becomes a "hot spot". The level of risk is through the roof! Now imagine doing that without any sponsors from the bars or restaurants that Bob mentioned? Let's also not forget the nonsense of some states requiring testing if you leave your state. If I leave NY, I have to self quarantine for 4 days after I return before I can get tested. If I don't do that I can face a $10,000 fine. That just won't work for many peoples schedules.

Sadly, 2021 won't be a normal season for a number of different reasons unless things miraculously change.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 02:31PM
Jake (or any NY-er), how are 'whomever gestopel' in NY, going to know if you leave the state? Is it, they track your vehicle license plate number, such as when you travel the toll roads?
If so, then travel non-toll roads.

And once you return, how do 'they' know if you honestly quarantined somewhere? And likely quarantining in your home, with your family, I assume, does not count?
(And yes, this is pulling related, because pullers do cross state lines. I see at least 1 puller from NY on Gordywana list.)

I do not live in NY. What if I come visit my relatives in NY. Do I have to quarantine first, before visitng them? Or what if I come to pull in NY, do I have to quarantine? In your state? Or before I come?

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 02:52PM
All it takes is someone to turn you in. Sadly there are busy bodies that are turning in neighbors all over this country. Infact I saw an article out of Canada last week where police broke up a huge New Years party with 6 people in attendance! So our neighbors to the north aren't any better with the whole Live and Let Live motto.

They may not find out, you may get away with it. like all things in life it's a gamble, if you lose, its a potential -$10,000 gamble

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 03:59AM
Georgee: "the threats we need to be concerned about are ready to take much more away." Exactly!!!!!!!!
Yesterday, my NY sister, a career RN (not far from you Morgan's) texted me to stay home & not even go to church, claiming CV was bad & getting worse here in Indiana.

So I spent a bunch of time researching the subject. Lots of stats with daily graphs, from March '20 until 2 days ago. The # of CV instances / cases last spring and summer look very mote compared with current and past 2 months stats.
So if wearing a mask is suppose to be such a stop gap to spread CV, then why have the stats #'s dramatically increased in past 2 months?

CV19 is an airborne virus. They cannot be naturally stopped. We deal with it in plant life. Called Fire Blight. Affects Pome (apple, pear) fruit and many Ornamental flowering trees / bushes. It is not aways yearly. Environmental conditions play a very major role upon the occasion of and the severity of Fire Blight.
I see a lot of parallels of Fire Blight versus CV 19.

Now, how does all this relate to Tractor / Truck Pulling? Good question.

According to wishy-washy Fauci statement in very late Dec. '20, he does not expect things to return back to "normal" until, at the very earliest, the Fall of '21.
Personally, I do not see many pulling events happening again in '21.
And that will likely continue to be aided by the dictatorial governsors in states like NY, PA, MI, MN, where normally lots of pulling happens.
Gee, what is the common demoninator of those 4 states governors and add in the incoming federal administration and their statements already of what to expect.

And just what do you think all that means for 2021 tractor / truck pulling?
Ya think any of this had any reasoning for the Rose family to already cancel the famed Hutch pull?

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 09:34AM
Is it on????

Re: 2021 season- other pulls January 09, 2021 09:58AM
Another pull available is Paquette’s tractor pull in Florida. They are having LLSS and 466 Hot farm And it’s just a weekend after Ocala. I think they may have a few limited pro and light pro tractors there and they may be able to make a class.

Re: 2021 season- other pulls January 09, 2021 10:39AM
Theres one the weekend before Ocala and then Ocala then one the week after.It should say something about them on their Facebook page, dont know if it does or not --- Mid Florida Tractor Pullers Association !!!

Re: 2021 season- other pulls January 09, 2021 02:20PM
What's more important, not wearing a mask because it infringes on my rights or going pulling?

Re: 2021 season January 09, 2021 03:58PM
here in iowa we were able to have some pulls last year including a big one at rock valley our restrictions tend to be loosening every time our governor speaks so we are all hopeful that we will have pulling BUT there will more than likely be a capacity limit which can push promoters and sponsors away

Re: 2021 season January 11, 2021 02:56AM
When will an update be coming out on this? I'm sure there are teams with a lot of work yet to do in order to make it, and if it is going to be cancelled they might be working for nothing.

Re: 2021 season January 11, 2021 03:54AM
This afternoon should be the final announcement on the decision. But as of now still plan on having an event.

Brent Yaron

Re: 2021 season January 11, 2021 11:40AM
It's really hard to say what will happen it was just a general question/thought. I just have that gut feeling 2021 will play out like 2020 did. Perhaps I'm wrong I really hope so I'm in NY and possibly NYTPA will get a few hooks but I'm feeling not a full season. I photograph BG and I'm not sure if that will play out. Hopefully it's just a bad gut feeling

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 04:55AM
I feel like 2020 really only got started in August for our class and August was quite busy. I feel like if the pull isn't in Iowa or Indiana, or perhaps Wisconsin too I don't think it's going to happen this year.

It seems like OH, MN, PA and IL are going to have the same fate as last year.

I don't believe our class has any national events scheduled in any other state than those listed above (IA, IN, WI, MN, OH, IL, PA) except one in TN.

Does anyone know the capacity limits in WI or TN? In MN its still at 250 outdoors.

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 05:20AM
I haven't heard anything about that vote to be honest it's news to me

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 05:47AM
Don't believe we have a limit in Wisconsin anymore. It's been that way since Governor Evers order was overruled by the Wisconsin Supreme Court back in May. Obviously, he's been out saying that we need to do our part and not gather, but there's nothing in place to suggest we have to.

Brent Yaron

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 07:15AM
Brent Yaron
Don't believe we have a limit in Wisconsin anymore. It's been that way since Governor Evers order was overruled by the Wisconsin Supreme Court back in May. Obviously, he's been out saying that we need to do our part and not gather, but there's nothing in place to suggest we have to.

That's good to know. I hope that means Mackville, Tomah, Ellsworth, and Hillsboro will be a go this year.

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 12:16AM
I foresee having to show your "Vaccination Card" to fly on a plane, enter another Country i.e.( Canada, Mexico or the Bahamas), enter a concert, County Fair, Football, Basketball, Baseball ect. game or any event that would a have a large crowd. We will all be carded not for you age but for your Health choices

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 03:01AM
I just read an article where Spain has made vaccination Mandatory For Everyone. If a person refuses, they are listed in a Registry that only government officials see, not only within Spain but throughout the EU.
Good luck, EU pullers.

But this is what is being proposed by a NY state legislator. They were suppose to have voted on it last week, but I have not heard the result.

Morgan's and H Card, what took place with that vote?

Yes, it affects pulling and pullers. And everything else in life and decisions each of us make.

If I cannot come pull in NY &/or visit relatives or just enjoy a nice leisure scenic journey, then Cuomo has once again lost more revunue to feed his vast entitlistic appetite.

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 02:45PM
So you'd give up pulling because of a card?

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 03:36PM
I love pulling just as much or more than most people im sure. However if I have to take a shot that I do not believe, in just so I can pull. Then I guess my pulling days are over. I guess on a positive note, I'll save a bunch of money! LOL

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 04:10PM
When I get the covid shots, I may also get a rabies and distemper shots and I hope to get dog tags with all of them that way I can show everyone that I have had all my shots right up front!

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 04:33PM
I will not trade the freedom thousands gave their lives to secure for me for a hobby.

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 04:47PM
Wowww!
I will not trade the freedom thousands gave their lives to secure for me for a hobby.

Did you get a smallpox shot?

Re: 2021 season January 12, 2021 11:40PM
midwest corn belt
I just read an article where Spain has made vaccination Mandatory For Everyone. If a person refuses, they are listed in a Registry that only government officials see, not only within Spain but throughout the EU.
Good luck, EU pullers.

But this is what is being proposed by a NY state legislator. They were suppose to have voted on it last week, but I have not heard the result.

Morgan's and H Card, what took place with that vote?

Yes, it affects pulling and pullers. And everything else in life and decisions each of us make.

If I cannot come pull in NY &/or visit relatives or just enjoy a nice leisure scenic journey, then Cuomo has once again lost more revunue to feed his vast entitlistic appetite.

You should get your fact straight on the NY thing. It's nothing new. I believe it was in 17 when it was introduced. Whenever we had something happen with a smallpock break out or something of that nature in the state

Re: 2021 season January 13, 2021 02:44PM
"swampy", I read and comprehended the complete recent article. I even googled the legislator that introduced the bill recently - a black Brooklyn demo that was born in Jamaica (and that is not meant to be racial !!!). Unfortunately, my daily google history does not go back beyond 5 days. And I had already trashed the email I sent to my NY siblings with the article attached.
One sister soon replied that the news media was "all over" the story. And that lots of NY residents were very upset and vocal about a mandatory, all encompassing legislation to dictate that every NY resident recieves the CV19 shot, regardless if an individual wanted it or not.

I emailed that sister this afternoon, asking about that legislation outcome - it was suppose to have been voted on last week - and she did not know. And neither do I, because despite trying a few different google search titles, google does not come up with that proposed legislation.
But then we are very well aware that the big tech companies only promote what they want.

All of this has future ramifications about supposed upcoming pulling season. I contend, the season will be very limited.

Re: 2021 season January 14, 2021 12:38AM
midwest corn belt
"swampy", I read and comprehended the complete recent article. I even googled the legislator that introduced the bill recently - a black Brooklyn demo that was born in Jamaica (and that is not meant to be racial !!!). Unfortunately, my daily google history does not go back beyond 5 days. And I had already trashed the email I sent to my NY siblings with the article attached.
One sister soon replied that the news media was "all over" the story. And that lots of NY residents were very upset and vocal about a mandatory, all encompassing legislation to dictate that every NY resident recieves the CV19 shot, regardless if an individual wanted it or not.

I emailed that sister this afternoon, asking about that legislation outcome - it was suppose to have been voted on last week - and she did not know. And neither do I, because despite trying a few different google search titles, google does not come up with that proposed legislation.
But then we are very well aware that the big tech companies only promote what they want.

All of this has future ramifications about supposed upcoming pulling season. I contend, the season will be very limited.
I do not believe that to be totally false or true. And I don't have the data in front of me to debate it. Fact of the matter is we are fuct, not only here in NY, but this country

Re: 2021 season January 13, 2021 10:16PM
midwest corn belt
Good luck, EU pullers.

Was that on Fox News?

Spain hasn't made vaccination mandatory.

The data collection is not a specially created register that only records vaccination refusals. According to the Spanish Ministry of Health, the database records all people who have been contacted by the state vaccination program.
"In the case of a corona vaccination, the register records the clinical data of the vaccinated people. The data of the people who have received an appointment and expressly refuse a vaccination are also recorded," writes a spokesman for the Ministry of Health in Madrid.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: 2021 season January 14, 2021 12:18PM
Here you go, planning is in full swing for Tomah this summer.

MC Fair And Tomah Tractor Pull To Move Forward This Summer

Brent Yaron

Re: 2021 season January 15, 2021 04:39AM
Brent Yaron
Here you go, planning is in full swing for Tomah this summer.

MC Fair And Tomah Tractor Pull To Move Forward This Summer

I was curious when I saw this the other day on FB as it seems they are "downgrading" to a GN from a SN pull this year to save money but is the only difference between a SN and GN pull the purse payout? I think they are still having all the GN classes, right?

Re: 2021 season January 15, 2021 05:30AM
Yes, the only difference between Super National and Grand National is the purse money per class, per session. They are having all Grand National classes expect the Super Stock Open class, plus regional Limited Pro Stocks and Light Pro Stocks. Not sure if the regional classes will be Pro National purse or not.

Brent Yaron

Re: 2021 season January 21, 2021 06:40AM
Go to Iowa, we don't give a @#$%& about covid or governmental rules. We like to have pure COUNTRY fun! ECIPA had 30 pulls, but after still being cancelled, had about 14 out of 30 of them.

Re: 2021 season January 24, 2021 08:20AM
Paquette's Farmall Museum Tractor Pull. Feb 5 & 6. Leesburg, FL. Click the link for more information.

[allevents.in]

Re: 2021 season January 24, 2021 08:30AM
Use this link instead. The other link does not show all the classes for people using their phones.

[stewsihstuff.webs.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason