Lancaster WI cancelled August 21, 2009 06:52AM
The Tri-State pull in Lancaster WI for Friday night is cancelled due to the rain. The weather looks good for Caledonia on Saturday. See ya all there.

Re: Lancaster WI cancelled August 22, 2009 12:34AM
Pete? Does caledonia still only honor one pit pass? Just trying to make up my mind about coming.... Thanks Terry....

Re: Lancaster WI cancelled August 22, 2009 12:45AM
Caledonia is suppose to honor all passes tonight. You have to show them at the gate.
Tammy

Re: Lancaster WI cancelled August 22, 2009 09:29AM
Last year they only let one pass in per tractor is why i was asking.. I do not like bringing my tractor and then paying to put on the show on top of it.. Thanks fer the info i will bring my can opener for a parking spot..

Re: Lancaster WI cancelled August 23, 2009 07:57AM
Went to caledonia last night myself, What a crappy track. I can not think of the last time we had a good track at a tri-state pull. We need to focus on the facility and track quality more than just booking pulls to say we have alot of hooks. If you ask around i think alot of our club members may agree.

Re: cal track August 24, 2009 12:34AM
What was wrong with track in your opinion?

Re: cal track August 24, 2009 12:48AM
Are you serious? That use to be one of the best tracks of the year. There was rumble strips in it big enough to loose a car and when you over use a track it gets a hard pan on top that the blades do not touch. I know i should not complain because i do not do the work but we get tired of driving 150 miles to a crappy track with crap parking and paying for the show at the pit gate.. And this is alot of the shows not just caledonia!!!!

Re: cal track August 24, 2009 11:24AM
not the track's fault. The cylinders on the sled that push the pan down were extending & compressing like a shock absorber, not keeping pan planted. Thats what created the violent jerking and bumps in track. Possible air in system? LOw pressure? Cylinders to small? Any other ideas?

Re: cal track August 24, 2009 11:28AM
I have a idea cut that POS sled up for scrap iron. That sled needs to go before the pullers all leave. It is coming if that sled is the only one that they book

Re: cal track August 24, 2009 01:28PM
Very true, that sled is not very nice and not comfortable when the pan drops...it feels like you are going over a big rumble strip. Up to Caledonia it almost threw a guy out of the seat when the pan dropped. Tri-State, get rid of it.

Re: cal track August 24, 2009 03:21PM
Mr.4 you may be correct on the sled making the mounds in the track but that track use to take power and hold together alot better. Surely being a night pull should make it even better.One other thing is in the 4x4 class when they worked on the sled after that everyone started going farther. The first puller came back and repulled and picked up like 20 some feet and the second hook was screwed. Why did all the trucks not get to repull that pulled before the sled broke? After the sled got up and running they all started picking up 25 feet over the first hooks? Why are we so focused on how fast we can push our pulls through and not concerned about the pullers and there equipment? Could it be that maybe it makes a difference who it happens to?????

Re: cal track August 25, 2009 12:35AM
Not necessary to scrap it. It has worked respectable in the past. Just needs some tweaking or adjustments. WE all need to keep an open mind & look at things from an objective standpoint. Anger clouds judgement, stubborness inhibits progress. It's history, lets look forward and try to correct the problem.

Re: cal track August 25, 2009 12:50AM
That Sled has been junk sence the day it was new just watch the hot farm and super farm tractors they are always getting jerked around in the cage. That sled is hard on equipment and needs to go that is the piece that makes or breaks a pull and this is the one we are stuck with.

Re: cal track August 25, 2009 11:39AM
[s[/s] How about you people suggest a sled. Its easier to grip about things than do it yourself. Pulls are hard enough to book outlong looking for the right sled to fit EVERYONES WISHES.Please step up any time and find the right sled. I'm sure it will not be good enough for everyone anyway. I'm sure Tri-State can book a better sled but who is willing to help pay the difference. Any suggestions?

Re: cal track August 25, 2009 01:04PM
i hook that sled almost every weekend i do not have a problem with it at all the only place it threw me around in was caledonia... their track was crap. they have motocross before tri state pulls there... the jerks were the whoops in the track from the event before.. i was there for the race! if you hook anyone elses sled with tri state it will be a boring show. peterson is a baby and only wants to hook one class for everyone. the terminator would be the next best sled but he takes way too long to weight up and most of the time he is too heavy! i like gregs sled it may not be the best looking but who cares about flash anymore... look at perspns and hovdens tractors they arnt pretty but they put on one hell of a show. regardless ALL sleds have their problems not just one!

Re: cal track August 25, 2009 04:11PM
For what tri-state charges they could hire Bauer for every show! Truly,the sled and the track make or break the show. If the pit passes keep going up none of us will be able to come anyhow...

Re: cal track August 25, 2009 11:31PM
Oh so now it s the pit passes. What next. I thought the issue was the sled. I have been with Tri- State pulling with them for YEARS., but never had that many problems as many of you people do. What next? We need to discuss sleds not all the other baby stuff. Lets grow up and be a adult and discuss the main issue. The END.

Re: cal track August 26, 2009 01:08AM
I say everyone just shuts up and enjoy the last few hooks we have.... not everyone is going to be happy all the time.... If the track is crappy, we all have to run it, if the sled is bad, we all have to hook it.... get over it!!!

Re: Lancaster WI cancelled August 28, 2009 06:35AM
Paid $20.00 to hook tractor. Paid another $40.00 to get myself, Grandma, and 2 boys (both boys under the age of 6) into pits to help and watch husband pull. What a bunch of crap that we help bring the show and they charge us that much to get in. I know that I'm not the only one who thinks its a problem.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,695, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard