Classic V-8 Hot Rods March 07, 2021 02:58AM
I was thinking about getting into the V8 classic hot rod class in around ohio and Indiana regions. I was wondering what the Horse power and torque would be needed to be able to run with some of the top guys in those areas? Also what gear ratios and is needed for drive train integrity? Thanks in advance.

Re: Classic V-8 Hot Rods March 07, 2021 03:00AM
One other thing. I believe that most classes are built around small block engines.

Re: Classic V-8 Hot Rods March 07, 2021 12:47PM
Gearing to run 20- 26 mph,most need an auxiliary trans mission to make the tractor tranny hold up.700 - 800 hp and 14 degree heads.

Re: Classic V-8 Hot Rods March 08, 2021 01:16PM
If you’re in the Indiana/Ohio area they’re definitely Small Blocks turning 8000 RPMs. I don’t know much about them beyond that. I’m sure there are others on here that know more

If you’re in the eastern Ohio, western PA are they have a big block class. Limited to 6000 RPMs and so they don’t use an auxiliary transmission. As BBChevy said, you probably need the auxiliary with the extra RPMs.

Good luck with your potential build

Re: Classic V-8 Hot Rods March 08, 2021 01:41PM
What do you refer to as auxiliary transmission? Additional transmission before after stock transmission? Sorry I'm not up on all that! Lol

Re: Classic V-8 Hot Rods March 16, 2021 11:47AM
not a class to get into with little or no knowledge of what it takes, buy one that is done and is proven

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,924, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,020.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM