Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 23, 2021 02:23AM
Will this class ever get added to the Outlaw pulling group or the Nebraska Bush group? Several years ago the OTTPA ran a few hooks, but had poor participation & showings, will they ever add them back? The Nebraska Bush group would benefit from a LLSS as their cast light super class has all but died. What's everyone think?

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 23, 2021 07:04AM
Just guessing that you could show up and run in either groups cast light super class. I doubt that they would turn anyone away.

If you are in that area look for other groups that run the llss class like Heartland, MATTPA, ECI, PPL WS. Not sure if IAMO or Twin States still has the class.

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 23, 2021 07:57AM
That is unless you have a 466 diesel, then you can't pull PPL and if you have a 410 intercooled tractor you better steer clear of the outlaw hooks, their rules won't allow you in, also if you have a little motor with spark plugs you will have to spot the diesels 250# in ECI.

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 23, 2021 12:26PM
Did you know that last year a little motor with spark plugs running 250 pounds less won the ECI points.
This tractor also won PPL Western Series LLSS , which also has a weight difference of 100 #.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2021 01:34AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 28, 2021 09:43AM
might be another one this year

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 28, 2021 03:00PM
David Runkle(earls dream)
Did you know that last year a little motor with spark plugs running 250 pounds less won the ECI points.
This tractor also won PPL Western Series LLSS , which also has a weight difference of 100 #.

Dave, WOW! Sounds like the wrong tractor won! lol Smiling you know what I mean.

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 23, 2021 01:29PM
Well here is something interesting for you....... The cast LSS with NeBush a few years back made several exceptions/rules whatever to INCLUDE any light tractor like the LLSS tractors that wanted to participate. GUESS how many showed up? GUESS how many participated? And you CANNOT say its because of "lack of payback" 1st 750 2nd 600 3rd 450 4th 375 5th 300 6th 250 7th 225 8th 175 9th 150 10th 125 ......... and 10th pays better than a win and another group I know about that they will gladly go pull with So guess what? They could have been supporting this class and group with a great showing of numbers and actually taken over the class/ changed the class into LLSS but no support or participation will lead to "why should we have this class when they wont show up?"

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 23, 2021 02:22PM
Kbacker, it looks as though 3 llss placed in the top 5 of Bush points for 2020. Also in your post you used the word "wanted" as in any llss that wanted to participate could, anytime someone brings up this class west of the Mississippi you jump in and run it and the competitors down, so why would any "want" to go pull with that kind of attitude especially at a disadvantage?

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 23, 2021 02:22PM
Kbacker nobody mentioned money except you. When I looked up the points from last year I see 4 llss tractors took points and 3 finished ahead of you.

2020 Bush Points

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 24, 2021 12:50AM
its about time someone put keith in his place

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 24, 2021 01:14PM
HAHAHAHAHAH "put me in my place" Well I walked in my house unassisted .......... so no help Grinning I started pulling with NeBush in 2012 with a diesel 466 3x4 in the 4.1 class due to an invite. Was I out gunned? ABSOLUTLEY did I care ? NOPE!! I got paid decent money and that helps buy parts. The following yr I pulled the ULSS class with NeBush with that same tractor at 7500lbs with a few changes but still a 466 diesel was I out gunned ABSOLUTLEY did I care? NOPE Made decent prize money as well which helps buy parts. 2014 was the yr I decided to get serious and jump to the cast LSS class and switch to alky. during all of the rules meetings many times the guys of the class reached out to any and all with light tractors and made concessions to get them in the game. how many times did any show up? I see where there is a few examples where you wanna say "well THIS guy drove all the way to there and hooked , and this guy did a couple times. OK so you are saying a few for a couple time NOT actually joining and running consistently to actually grow the class and the sport as a whole. You dont have to like what I'm saying to understand the truth of the matter. It takes participation to sustain ANY group/class no matter what its for be it for pulling ,stock car racing, RC cars whatever. So it wont matter what group be it NeBush or Outlaw or whomever offers a class to any of you and there is lackluster participation the promoters wont book it. So then it doesnt matter if you feel its the greatest class on the planet..... it still wont have hooks.

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 24, 2021 08:33AM
Dive Todd drove out to Malvern, IA last year. Does he count as someone??
Greg

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 23, 2021 01:48PM
I cant speak for prior years, but some of us did show up last year, had a good time, and I thought made a respectable showing. I would encourage more LLSS to come out and hook with the cast light supers. Depending on the track, it's not always about the horsepower. Also, if you have a 466 in a small IH chassis, the Outlaws won't let you hook with them.

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 23, 2021 02:45PM
To be fair, Due to a lot of pulls being cancelled last year due to Covid, Bush only hooked the light supers two times. I'm not sure that's much of a season to judge the success or failure of a class, or a points race. Just sayin.....

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 24, 2021 09:15AM
Don from what I have been told a small frame IH with a 466 will be allowed to hook lss with the outlaws as long as it meets all LLSS rules, also alky LLSS with multiple coil ignitions will be legal (xdi) as long as they are just an ignition.

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 24, 2021 10:19AM
Ok. I don't personally have a dog in THAT fight but it would be nice if they could make that change. Some hard running tractors around that may entertain the idea of coming to hook Outlaw if they could.

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 24, 2021 10:22AM
Outlaw Rule Book
3) Light Super Stock Tractors Are not allowed to run a 44 Mag.
a) Light super stock tractors are allowed to run any coil type ignition that is not a mag.

Outlaw Rule Book
13) All LLSS must follow LLSS engine and rear end combination rules of your association.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2021 10:22AM by Allen Ulmer.

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 24, 2021 12:25PM
what about a small frame ford with a 474 truck engine

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 24, 2021 12:36PM
I stand corrected. Thanks.

Re: Outlaw & Nebraska Bush Light Limited Super Stock Class March 24, 2021 02:04PM
What about them? 401 crank will lay right in a 474. Cant do that with a 360 and 466. If that’s what you’re asking

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,764, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,940.

Our newest member Jason