Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 24, 2009 01:20AM
What did everyone think of Wisner's VIP track? I could give you the top 10 reasons, but if you were there i don't have to. The unlucky pullers on the west side had to haul along a truck load of dirt in front of the sled on most passes. That special chemical in the dirt to hold the moisture sure wasn't holding the compaction level! It also gets sickening watching the pullers having a hard time come off the starting line straight and then having to fight to stay away from those great looking advertizing signs in the middle of the track! Come on Wisner, let's widen the track, put the advertising signs some where else so the fans can see the other side and let the pullers put the hammer down to give the fans the show they deserve. I've never been to a show with as many DQ's for going out of bounds and vehicles having to use the brakes or letting up on the throttle to stay in bounds.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 24, 2009 02:24AM
Definitely agree that is the worst shape that I have seen the track. The USS on Friday was horrible. It didn’t seem like any of them could get any bite and had to back off the throttle. I saw a lot of the skid steer on the big end of the track bringing dirt in. The guy running the scraper on the starting line wasn’t near as good as I have seen in years past and at one point got replaced with a guy in orange shirt.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 24, 2009 09:33AM
The track was the same for all. If people had problems staying in bounds, they need to look at their brakes or rear end setup. There were plenty of passes that were smooth, straight, and fast!

Turbinator Friday night 360 feet!

Barn Buddy & Red Power Friday night 357+ feet!

Ace in the Hole Friday night 344 feet!

Lost Saturday afternoon 333 feet!

Lost Saturday night 360 feet!

Red Ink Saturday night 353 feet!

Turbinator Saturday night 333 feet!

Wampus Cat Saturday night 353 feet!

There were dang near as many good passes as there was bad! The ULSS class is WILD at 6500 lbs. They need more weight to get them hooked in and keep them going straight! They were all toying with the throttles!

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 24, 2009 10:08AM
You are exactly right, just as many good ones as bad ones! That shouldn't be with all of the top runners that were there. They had to lighten up the sled 2000 lbs to help them out of the hole and thankfully both sled operators knew what they were doing and gave the pullers some room to run. A wider track would help the most, its like a cattle shute now. Yes, my vote would be to take the signs down too!

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 24, 2009 10:50AM
That was the worst track Wisner has ever had. By Saturday night there was such a hole on the east side at the starting line that everyone had to launch out of and then was forced to use the brakes. Mods couldn't get a hold of anything, inconsistent for the superfarms. Definately not the pull of the year.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 24, 2009 11:05AM
I've only seen two Outlaw hooks so far this summer-- Onawa and Wisner. Both those events saw lots of wild rides. That being said, I would say that before the mods and superstocks had so much trouble, the Friday night show was really impressive. I have been to Tomah many times, Macon in it's hey day and other major pulls. And the tempo or pace of the pull when the pro stocks and limited pro stocks were on east track with the SF class on the other was the best I have ever seen. Bang, bang, bang. It was awesome.

They have to pull up that guard rail and those light poles that are two feet off the out of bounds line. Widen that track. Give the boys room to run and more margin for error. Right now there is no margin for error and it's causing pullers to actually change the way they drive. With the kind of money that they are bringing in at $22 a ticket, they should be able to afford to do some rearranging this fall. If money is still an issue, cut back on the daylight fireworks budget and widen the track.

Elmer Haug really did a heck of a job on the Little Temptation Friday night saving the tractor or sled or both from hitting the guard rail. He even stayed in bounds. Great job of driving.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 24, 2009 11:09AM
You just said guard rail. They really have a guard rail up. If so I think its time to upgrade... I hope ur kidding

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 24, 2009 11:29AM
Not kidding. Very unusual facility that they put together in Wisner.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 25, 2009 02:16AM
Wisner Fan: You are quite correct when you say that the USS class needs more weight. That's TOO much HP for that weight. I understand that it's quite a thrill piloting that amount of horses at that weight, and SOME mangaged to pull it off. That being said; there needs to be track conditions, such as there was at Wisner, to let them get ahold of the track and go. If Wisner would have been a race track, there would have been a pile of burned up 30's for sale the next day. I would like to flash you back to Ravenna a few years ago. The USS's could not get ahold of the track, and that was at 8000#. Maybe after the USS guys get tired of fixing up all the bent stuff, and replacing all the bald tires, they'll decide to raise the weight. IMO, it's insane to take such nice tractors and torture them like that, at that weight. The prize money won surely would get ate up in a heartbeat when something goes wrong and things get broke.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 25, 2009 04:45AM
The show was a lot better last year at the heavier weight. Sure missed Shagnasty and Cornhusker Deere also.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 25, 2009 05:05AM
It was a great track last year

crooked August 25, 2009 05:40AM
Yep, in our case the reason we went out of bounds was the rearend. In 15yrs of driving I've been out of bounds 3 times, and twice were this last weekend. It wasn't Wisner's fault, our rearend broke.

Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 25, 2009 05:59AM
It was good to see robert polson this year he had two wild rides that make me wounder if he will come back and pull there again.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 25, 2009 06:22AM
His rides were not very wild, just got close to running out of bounds both time. Cant blame that on the track as the others made good pulls.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 25, 2009 06:30AM
The OTHER side of the coin is going to be when the track is dry and or dry and hard. It will be like watching Top A fuelers in the water box and doing a "warm-up burn-out". This might be a good time to buy stocks in Firestone, Hyper Max, Riverside, Arias, Crower, Binder Lite, Pobar, Holset, Pro Fab, etc............

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 25, 2009 06:42AM
me and his wife talked in the pits friday and the were going to bg but she talk him out of it so the family can see him pull this year

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 25, 2009 03:51PM
How big of a track do people need. If u want to drive all over @#$%& go farming.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 25, 2009 11:20PM
I just want to say as a fan that this years pull in Wisner was excellent from a fan point of view... one thing that heard for complaints were the advertisement signs in the middle of the track once again... I KNOW it takes people and business to put on a show like Wisner has turned into..but...come one...either make the track wide enought that the signs are not affected or find another place to put them.. I also want to give a to thank the pullers that showed up... was awesome to see so many mods and 2wd's in one place at one time... more then happy as a pulling fan to pay the price for a ticket when you have so many viecheles to enjoy watching. You know the pull was good when you know there were less pullers at the Nebraska State Fair.... Hope 2010 will bring a bigger and better show to Wisner.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 26, 2009 02:43PM
put the advertising on the sides of the gaurd rail like Rock Valley does and then you wont have to worry about everyone running them over
also get rid of the huge hole at the start line that all the pullers were complaining about

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 26, 2009 12:25AM
SS, get rid of the signs, keep the starting line leveled, get some good pulling clay, and now we can pull on a narrow track any time of the year. It looked like most tractors wanted to go farming at both of the Saturday sessions.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 26, 2009 04:11AM
They needed at wisnor what they had at the iowa state fair. That guy in the skid loader made that track. Take the banners, make another set, put them on the sides by the rails. take the gap out and you have a wider track. You can now see more than 1/2 the tractor

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 26, 2009 05:17AM
Yes, that tool on the skidsteer worked great for the sticky type of dirt they had to work with. Nice job of leveling the track at Des Moines!

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 26, 2009 12:26PM
Talked to one of guys working the track before the show he said 18% moisture was ideal for a pulling track i think maybe 12-14% would be more than enough for that soil type.

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 26, 2009 03:45PM
I would fire the track builder because it wasn't the best track they have had!

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 26, 2009 08:32PM
Get rid of the Armco steel railing along the sides of the track [ I'm sure the sled guys have been harpin on that already], go with the cement guards at the edges of the track instead and move them back about 6 foot on each side, get rid of the center divider and signs, move the signage to the sides of the cement guards, and that would improve the track a bunch! A big white line is all you down the center and would be safer for the flag guy too!

Re: Very Inconsistent Pulling track August 27, 2009 09:48AM
As for the starting line...why dont they do like they have done in Carrol's pull..and move the start line up 50 feet...at the beginning of the next class... have the sled operator speed up the box... just a suggestion....

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009