Why did the NTPA drop Pa. April 24, 2021 11:45PM
Pa. was one of the original NTPA member states but no longer has an event. Why ? New York has one that I see in Langford. Lots of NTPA pulls in Ohio. I'm just curious and don't run at that level. It was fun pulling with the ATPA one time at a small fair in Tioga County Pa. years ago.

Re: Why did the NTPA drop Pa. April 25, 2021 12:36AM
jd43
Pa. was one of the original NTPA member states but no longer has an event. Why ? New York has one that I see in Langford. Lots of NTPA pulls in Ohio. I'm just curious and don't run at that level. It was fun pulling with the ATPA one time at a small fair in Tioga County Pa. years ago.

Around 1998/99, a number of NTPA member states decided to become ATPA member states. It wasn't that NTPA dropped anyone; those states dropped NTPA.

Others who were members of those states at that time can give reasons why.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2021 01:25AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Why did the NTPA drop Pa. April 25, 2021 06:54AM
NTPA had ceased to provide any point fund money for PTPA (the member state). Both Rick FPP and Mike from the Buck met in Dothan, Alabama with Tom McConnell and Mike Chastain regarding sanctioning with ATPA which was significantly sponsored by Jasper Engines and others at that time. ATPA was willing to provide some very nice sponsorship money for the pullers (in two or three years a four-wheeler was part of the package). This contract was with FPP and the Buck only and not with PTPA. Note that the vast majority of sanctioned pulls in Pennsylvania were with FPP and the Buck at this time. This was a nice arrangement for five years and the contract with ATPA required that all point fund payments be placed in escrow on May first of that year. So when the ATPA ended in September (2005??) the Pennsylvania pullers who ran with FPP and Buck already had their money. It was at the conclusion of this ATPA sanctioning period that USA-EAST and the East Coast Pullers (with Lucas Oil) came into existence. Today almost all sanctioned pulls in Pennsylvania are with either the new FPP (Richard Love) or with the Buck Motorsports Park.

Re: Why did the NTPA drop Pa. April 25, 2021 11:11AM
I know NTPA had a GN event in New Castle, PA in ‘19 that rained out. Doesn’t appear on the schedule this year.....not sure why. It’d be nice to see the NTPA make some headway in PA. A lot of good pulling fans in the Keystone state!

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009