IH billet injectors May 03, 2021 06:50AM
Have a couple of questions about CDS billet IH injectors that I bought new and have around twenty passes on them (they’re 3/4” diameter across the main body) Just pop tested a set of six, four are good and two have a real bad pattern/jet/dribble. What would be the probable cause as I’ve had issues before.
Is there anything I can do myself to improve/fix them or do I need to have them repaired at a diesel shop?
Also if I take them apart, what is the recommended torque of the nozzle retaining nut?
Any guidance appreciated.
Thanks

Recommend Mark Massey aka Pump Doctor May 03, 2021 03:27PM
I recommend calling Mark Massey the Pump Doctor at Eastern Ohio Diesel Performance. He will get you fixed up tell him rw sent ya. Best wishes.
rw

Re: IH billet injectors May 04, 2021 05:22AM
Thanks for the recommendation RW, I know Mark and he is someone I would go to.
Would like to understand the issue myself a bit more before I use a shop.
a) what causes new(ish) injectors to fail? And, b) Is it possible to dismantle, repair and reassemble myself?
Thanks

Re: IH billet injectors May 04, 2021 02:15PM
Something could have gotten pass the filter and dirty up the tip. Could be the needle sticking in the injector. Taking apart an injector is easy. Getting one apart without breaking the alignment pins is another story. My 400 series shop manual has a detailed description of rebuilding injectors. I have rebuilt a few stock injectors but you're much better off sending it to the pros.

Re: IH billet injectors May 05, 2021 12:50AM
Fair Valley Performance bought out Columbus Motorsports so they would have the parts to fix them. I would suggest giving them a call.

Re: IH billet injectors May 05, 2021 05:53AM
OK thanks guys, I’ll get get them sent off. However, being a bit inquisitive I’m keen to understand them a little and still would like to know why they would fail after so few runs. Took one of the bad ones apart for a look and can’t see anything worn or untoward. The needles are coated and don’t have any wear or galling etc, Cleaned everything and reassembled with a little oil. Tested again but still not getting a ‘chirp’ or atomisation. Please, someone educate me a little. Cheers

Re: IH billet injectors May 05, 2021 06:24AM
Forgot to mention will spray/jet about 4100psi and hold around 2000psi pressure after without dripping

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009