Lancaster's Circus Of A Pull August 24, 2009 04:07AM
"Disappointed with the pull at Lancaster this weekend" I feel was the outcome for every spectator and competitor on Satruday night. I am pretty sure many will not return for next year. When the fair board hires a sled that chooses to run a pull near Green Bay and then drive to Lancaster, showing up an hour after the pull was to start, doesn't show good judgment at all. If that sled would have broke in Green Bay before he left they would have been up a creek without a paddle. With the fair being rained out the night before and having showers on Thursday; they needed to have a good show to make up for it. Still the pull didn't end until 2am, crowd didn't get to see any tractors pull until after 10, and the smokers didn't run until 12. When the stands were emptying out before any of the tractor classes were running it showed what kind of pull it ended up being. Competitors had many obstacles such as a scale that didn't work anywhere close to right (ex. 1466 with weight for 12k registered 9,500lbs), a drivers meeting which a official told the group "cheaters are going to cheat, Run what you can", the sled couldn't hook tractors or truck as fast as the antiques, and much more. I am sorry to say that many will not return after a show like that.

Re: Lancaster's Circus Of A Pull August 24, 2009 12:51PM
was there too as a puller and i wasnt very impressed either ,12 am and finally got to pull, if i would have know it was going to be a 2 day pull i wouldhave stayed home, wont go next year, ill save my money!

Re: Lancaster's Circus Of A Pull August 24, 2009 03:36PM
Once we heard that we were the 8th class in the lineup, we went back to the trailer and took a nap for awhile! It wasn't too much fun pulling for the 100 or so fans still brave enough to stay in the stands. Half of them were probably asleep too!

We've always liked coming down to the pull, but may think twice about bringing the tractor down next year.

Re: Lancaster's Circus Of A Pull August 24, 2009 03:37PM
I was not there but heard from my cousins that the sled was a huge pile of work and was so heavy he never lifted the tires on the pan all way down the track the tires turned. Why have 2 nights of the same pulling and not do all trucks one night and tractors the next? This would have to be cheaper and maybe bing in a good crowd .

Re: Lancaster's Circus Of A Pull August 25, 2009 03:12AM
Sorry about all the confusion and congestion at the Pull Saturday Night. The Grant County Fair Board had issues in the past so was trying something differant. Pullers Inc was contracted to run the show, but the late start, scale problems and announcer in hospital (went in about 5:30 and had surgery later that evening) made for a LONG night. A show of 101 hooks takes plenty of time and some of the help slowed as we progressed. I appreciated the participants that showed up and stayed to put on a show and the volunteers that helped keep the track in decent shape. I know that the Fair Board is looking for suggestions for future shows and has learned not to book a sled that already has a show the same day, as it is important to get started on time and keep things moving. Feel free to make suggestions for the future

Robert Keeney
608-988-6969

Re: Lancaster's Circus Of A Pull August 25, 2009 03:22PM
You could say it was slow all right. The antique tractors were doing 2 hooks to one of the trucks. The track crew was talking to every truck at the end of there hook and the sled would have to pull ahead to get the chain unhooked so he could back up and then the tractors would still wait for the truck to move to do the track prep.Why you would want 2 nights of the same repeat show i do not know.You had a real nice program years ago and i will bet you paid alot less. Alot of fairs do trucks one night and tractors another and it seems to work well. That is my idea instead of pete and repeat.....

Re: Lancaster's Circus Of A Pull August 25, 2009 05:12PM
For one thing the two nights are not even close to beening the same besides being a "pull" !! Tri-State should of ran fri. night but got rained out. Looking at there classes I see nothing about stock tractors, stock trucks, semi or even too hot to farm with! The sled was late (hour and half) but I've been to pulls that the sled brakes down (hour and half) also. As for running late into the morning I can remember some later ones.

Re: Lancaster's Circus Of A Pull August 27, 2009 12:48PM
dUH FRIDAY TRUCKS TRACTORS. SATURDAY TRUCKS TRACTORS. I AM NOT REAL SMART BUT ISAW SOME GOOD RUNNING TRUCKS AND TRACTORS SAT NIGHT. YES AS GOOD AS TRI-STATE... TWO NIGHTS OF SAME PULLING

Re: Lancaster's Circus Of A Pull August 27, 2009 01:11PM
the tristate pull on friday night and the pull on sat night are not even close to the same pull! yes both nights have good running iron but it is not the same, how about tristate friday night and a 4wheeler race sat night then everyone would be happy

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009