How much would you pay May 06, 2021 07:19AM
So a question for pulling fans. How much would u pay to watch gn semis mods dss4x4 n three region classes?

Re: How much would you pay May 06, 2021 08:02AM
For a show of that caliber, I would expect to pay $15-$20 at the gate

Re: How much would you pay May 06, 2021 12:39PM
Yeah the prices they have for their event is steep. Plus charging an extra $10 a night for a pit pass doesn't sit well with a lot of pulling fans.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: How much would you pay May 07, 2021 02:45AM
I'd watch it for free on monday on youtube

Re: How much would you pay May 06, 2021 01:26PM
I wouldn't go if those are the choices.

Re: How much would you pay May 06, 2021 01:37PM
depends I f same show was within driving distance the previous weekend? gate price could be an issue for some? can get quite spendy for a family

Re: How much would you pay May 07, 2021 01:08AM
Brent you know which show i am talking about then. I thought 30.00 was a steep price to pay n then pay a extra 10.00 to go see friends down in the pits. Its only a hour drive from my house but i am very hard contemplating on NOT going because of the STEEP prices.

Re: How much would you pay May 07, 2021 01:14AM
but the same people don't blink to pay 60 - 80 bucks for dinner, gas, more for beer drinks on a Saturday.

Re: How much would you pay May 07, 2021 02:10AM
billee,
but the same people don't blink to pay 60 - 80 bucks for dinner, gas, more for beer drinks on a Saturday.

If I take my wife we spend $60 to get in the gate and another $20 to get in the pits where our friends are, that's $80. $80 and you haven't had anything to eat or drink yet. That's one expensive evening. How about if you bring the whole family? What does it cost to get the kids in? What are you going to spend at the concession stand?

Do we want pulling to be to expensive to take a family to?

Re: How much would you pay May 07, 2021 03:42AM
That's for one night for a whole family you'd pay $60-$80. Now let's say you have a family of 5 all over the age of 12 that you want to take, but you want to be in the pits. That's $200 just to get in or $150 if you don't go to the pits. Now include any food and drinks and you're looking at a pretty expensive night. Plus gas isn't that cheap anymore so you need to take in the price of gas to get to and from the event. It all adds up and to me that just seems to be too much. $20-$25 for an event like that seems reasonable and that INCLUDES getting into the pits. I guess we will see how it will affect them. It's in an area where there isn't much high level pulling so it still may work out for them, but they may be losing out on protentional spectators with those prices.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: How much would you pay May 07, 2021 02:02AM
Anything over $20 is to much unless you are a Super National event, even then $20 a session is enough. Especially if you are going to charge another $10 to get in the pits. I enjoy walking the pits and visiting with my friends as much as watching the show. I don't expect to pay extra for it.

Not to mention I am a tractor guy. I wouldn't go out of my way to see those three GN classes.

Re: How much would you pay May 07, 2021 07:06AM
Does the $30 admission and $10 pit pass include a 6 pack of beer and a couple cheeseburgers? The last time I watched the 3 UPM classes the admission was free.

Re: How much would you pay May 07, 2021 10:00AM
What cluband where is the pull. And what are the local classes.

Re: How much would you pay May 07, 2021 01:52PM
Region classes are super farm twd and limited pros. Sauk rapids mn memorial weekend

Re: How much would you pay May 08, 2021 01:09AM
The pull is 50 miles from my house and it'll cost me $45 in fuel just to haul my equipment there and back. I get the prices are higher than most but $30 doesn't seem unreasonable. 14 years and under is $10. I remember going to a RN NTPA event in 1987 and the cost was $12 a person which is about $28 today. Add in you have some GN classes and it seems on par. For comparison I went to a PRACTICE event last year in June and it was $25 a person. The stands were packed.

The extra $10 for the pit pass seems a bit much but perhaps their insurance is higher, especially given COVID so they need to charge more.

Everything is going up in cost. Can't buy a 2x4 for less than $8 these days.

Re: How much would you pay May 07, 2021 03:21PM
Looks like they are charging $45 for the World if Outlaws sprint race exactly one week later. That includes a pit pass.

Re: How much would you pay May 08, 2021 01:50AM
If you want to grow the sport pits need to be open and included with admission. Not a extra fee.

Re: How much would you pay May 08, 2021 02:04AM
I do agree that you shouldn't have to pay for a pit pass. The sport prides itself on being "family friendly" where the fans get to see the drivers and vehicles up close and have a chance to chat with those that have the time. It looks like this is no more than a money grab. I looked at the poster and I can see a family of 4 paying $120 and then the kids want to see the vehicles and now it's another $40. Not a good look for the sport.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2021 02:05AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: How much would you pay May 10, 2021 04:05AM
Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered.

Re: How much would you pay May 10, 2021 08:31AM
the pull is 20 minutes from my place, 30 bucks is the price with inflation. 10 dollar pit pass seems much, but the promotor is use to car racing where you pay more for pit access. also with the Government rules here, he can only have so many people. with the covid issues and being a 1st time for this pull at this venue he has to have higher prices for this pull. i would buy tickets before the pull, but if it rains, 30 bucks is a little hard to throw away. so ill wait and see if the weather plays nice. Memorial week end is a little rough for a pull also. i feel the classes will have limited numbers. I am happy he is trying to get something going there, especially since Hutch is a no go this year.GrinningBeer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2021 08:59AM by farmall's forever.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,686, Posts: 229,788, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason