Llss water injection May 17, 2021 11:22PM
I’m building a llss diesel tractor. For now I have an electric water
Injection setup. I was wondering if I could get a rough idea on what size
Jets to use. I have 6 port injection and 2 in the crossover pipe. Pump
Is 7-800psi. Thanks for any help.

Re: Llss water injection May 18, 2021 03:21PM
Nobody?

Don’t port inject May 18, 2021 07:43PM
Don’t port inject your water. Keep it in the intake pipe but you’ll rob horsepower by port injecting it. That methodology is of the past.

Re: Don’t port inject May 19, 2021 12:37AM
So your saying don’t run water in the head. Just crossover pipe only?

Re: Don’t port inject May 19, 2021 01:05AM
You're not building a steam engine. In a diesel engine the lower the charge air temp the more HP. Indirect injection in the crossover pipe aka fumigation will do just that because of the latent heat of evaporation property of the water. It's good stuff.

Re: Llss water injection May 19, 2021 01:57AM
Thanks for everybodys help. So to be clear what y’all are saying is to not run
Water through the head but in crossover pipe? Do people not run it in the head no
More? Whether it’s electric or gear driven?

Re: Llss water injection May 19, 2021 02:09AM
Thanks for everybodys help. So to be clear what y’all are saying is to not run
Water through the head but in crossover pipe? Do people not run it in the head no
More? Whether it’s electric or gear driven?

Re: Llss water injection May 19, 2021 12:50AM
Start with your desired flow rate of about 3oz/sec (1.4 gpm) and divide that by the number of nozzles 1.4/6=.23 gpm. Then put that in a nozzle flow calculator at 750 psi ( they have them online) and it will tell you that each nozzle needs to be 0.017" in diameter. If you use 5 they would be 0.019". Some guys burn more than 3oz per sec and some burn less. A rule of thumb is that it should be about 20% of what you burn for fuel. Hope this helps.

Re: Llss water injection May 19, 2021 12:53AM
Start with 3 size #22 enderly nozzles. Space them in the turbo pipe evenly between the turbo and intake manifold. See what your exhaust temperature is and adjust nozzle size to get your desired temperature..

Re: Llss water injection May 19, 2021 03:27AM
Not to sound like a smarta** but how would you take care of a hot cylinder if you don't have port injection? I'm sure you could cool all the cylinders off but it would seem to be better to only cool off the one cylinder that is hot.

Re: Llss water injection May 19, 2021 03:40AM
If you have one cylinder that is hot enough to need more than the rest, something much bigger is wrong.

Re: Llss water injection May 19, 2021 03:56AM
Your engine setup will have a little to do with how you proceed here. Turbo you are going to be using will also affect what your needs are. In order to be successful with a diesel in llss you need to kill off as much torque as you can. Steam makes torque.

Re: Llss water injection May 24, 2021 02:05AM
So everybody is everybody saying you will get better hp
Results goin in crossover pipe instead of the ports?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,835, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro