Thumbs UpBowling Green--a great show--Thumbs Up August 24, 2009 07:28AM
The show at Bowling Green was one of the best pulls I have attended in a long time. The number of vehicles that were there did not seem to be down any. The sled settings were right one session after session. The competition director used the floating finish line when needed and used the 310-320 rule in the rest of the classes. The announcing was first rate this year, there seemed to be several announcers other than Butch [one of the best] and Harold to help carry the load.

There were several classes that were crowd favorites, however one class to me was outstanding. The unlimited mod class on both Saturday night and the show on Sunday was outstanding. Kathy Archer on Black Widow not only had back-to-back wins but also did just an amazing driving job in the pulloff Sunday afternoon.

In fact I don’t believe I’ve seem as many double winners has I saw this year. Not only were the Archers double winners, but also the Holmans, Salenbiens, and Bret Berg. It is pretty impressive to be a double winner at Bowling Green when there are 30 to 72 in the class, a real accomplishment.

If you have never been to Bowling Green you need to make the trip at least once. It is truly the granddaddy of all pulls.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Thumbs UpBowling Green--a great show--Thumbs Up August 24, 2009 07:40AM
Will you be posting photos Dick? I'd sure love to see them. Thanks again!

Re: Thumbs UpBowling Green--a great show--Thumbs Up August 24, 2009 07:53AM
I think you forgot mike linder who was also a double winner...if my memory serves me correctly.

Re: Thumbs UpBowling Green--a great show--Thumbs Up August 24, 2009 07:55AM
mike linder double winner in prostock.

Re: Thumbs UpBowling Green--a great show--Thumbs Up August 24, 2009 09:45AM
Thanks for the heads up, Sure didn't mean to leave the Linders off the double winner list. They laid down some awsomes passes..

Re: Thumbs UpBowling Green--a great show--Thumbs Up August 24, 2009 09:52AM
no problem it was nice meeting you along the sidelines during the ps class. thanks for thre website.

Re: Thumbs UpBowling Green--a great show--Thumbs Up August 24, 2009 12:02PM
I have to agree with you totally! My two younger brothers and I came down the the pull this year and we all had a blast!! The pulling was great. Lots of vehicles and lots of excitement. I am pretty sure we will be coming back next year!

Re: Thumbs UpBowling Green--a great show--Thumbs Up August 24, 2009 02:06PM
Did you see that crowd saturday night!!!!! The place was electric!!! Best pull I have seen in some time.!!! Any idea of how may folks were there sat night?? I would have to guess around 10,000. It was packed.
Great job to the blue shirts and everyone involved, we were treated great, just like Tomah.!!!
Thanks for a great time.
Perry

Re: Thumbs UpBowling Green--a great show--Thumbs Up August 31, 2009 04:36PM
Good to hear it was a good weekend. My wife & I have camped there for almost 10 years. ( well, SHE'S been there for 5 or so ) BUT, we couldn't make it this year. ( No bar by the ditch ) Hope to be back in 2010! We missed it!

BC

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009