1/2" crossbolts May 30, 2021 06:24PM
Anyone notice NTPA upgraded croobolts in turbo exhaust piping to 1/2" grade 5 bolts?
So far it seems to have been a secret.

Re: 1/2" crossbolts June 01, 2021 02:30AM
I did see that USPA insurance did update the rule to 1/2" grade 5 bolts, but haven't seen anything from ntpa.

Re: 1/2" crossbolts June 01, 2021 05:05AM
It's been in the rules for NTPA since last fall. It was also mentioned in paperwork this winter. Just insurance b.s.

Re: 1/2" crossbolts June 01, 2021 02:17PM
Yes, I would expect you tech inspectors to know about the update, though.
I searched ntpapull.com "Tech" and did not see it listed in all the rules listed there. Did I overlook it? If so, where?

Re: 1/2" crossbolts June 02, 2021 12:34AM
searched
Yes, I would expect you tech inspectors to know about the update, though.
I searched ntpapull.com "Tech" and did not see it listed in all the rules listed there. Did I overlook it? If so, where?

[ntpapull.com]

It's right on the rules page.......It's specifically called out as an addendum to the printed rule book.

Attention NTPA Competitors, Officials, and Fans: 2021 NTPA Pulling Rules Addendum
The 2021 NTPA Pulling Rules Addendum lists all new and revised rules that have been approved and implemented since the printing of the 2020 rulebook. Members will receive this document in their February membership mailing with their other materials. The 2021 Addendum will also be included with 2020 rulebooks purchased from ShopNTPA.com.

General Rules
 Safety – Turbochargers – all divisions
a. Intake Compressor Wheels – No turbocharger compressor wheel(s) may be visible through hood
or side shield on either side of vehicle. Any visible inlet compressor opening must face forward.
b. Exhaust Turbine Outlet – 2 bolts, minimum 1/2” diameter, grade 5 only, must be installed in a
cross pattern as close to turbine exhaust wheel as possible.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,717, Posts: 229,825, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro