Fire ring June 10, 2021 10:37AM
I’m looking to make my own fire rings. I’m planning to use .105” wire. My questions is what type of metal I should use and what is the best welding procedure. Any input are appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Fire ring June 11, 2021 12:56AM
As cheap as they are from seal tec why would you want to make your own? Not trying to come off as a dick but I thought they were like $3 each from sealtec and you know they are made of the right metal.

Re: Fire ring June 11, 2021 02:33AM
Looks like seal tech is the best way to go. Thanks everyone

Re: Fire ring June 11, 2021 02:48AM
We were in a pinch a year ago and formed some out of 304 stainless tig rod, we did not weld them, we simply cut the ends at 45 degree angles and laid them over eachother.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Fire ring June 11, 2021 01:51AM
They are $4 each from seal tec now. Just an FYI and that was a year ago price so they may be more.

Re: Fire ring June 11, 2021 02:04AM
I will admit that I’ve tried the “do it yourself” on many things and some of those things turned out well. Life has taught me that some things should be left up to the professionals that specialize in a specific field. For what it costs to call up Seal Tec and get what you need it’s well worth it, Even if they are $10 a piece it’s not worth messing with.

Re: Fire ring June 11, 2021 02:11AM
Form wire (soft). Tig welded no add on. Make a jig the size of the groove ID. Will end up costing you more than what they charge for but you can make them as you need them. Have fun.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520