Roll cage mounting options on cast ag tractor with full frame no tie bars June 15, 2021 02:50AM
If utilizing a full-frame on an ag tractor, is it possible for roll cage to be bolted to the top of the C Channel frame in some manner without having to use the axle housing bolts? What type of bolting would be required if not using the axle housing bolts.

Looking for other ideas and options as well etc...

Thanks in advance

Re: Roll cage mounting options on cast ag tractor with full frame no tie bars June 15, 2021 04:18AM
Taken from ace chassis website [www.acechassis.com]

Re: Roll cage mounting options on cast ag tractor with full frame no tie bars June 15, 2021 11:03AM
Thanks for the reply!

Since my original post, I found the PPL Rules online, but did not see any rules pertaining to the qty and size of the bolts used to attach the roll cage as the pic from Ace did, let alone any specs if you wanted to use the axle housing bolts.

9 bolts per side that ACE used, seems a bit excessive and I understand that this is no place to skimp, but if I remember right, if using the axle housing bolts, only having to use 4 of those (5/8 dia.) comes to mind.

If someone that has an NTPA rule book or just happens to know, does it state the qty. and the size of the bolts if bolting a cage to the chassis in that manner and not using the axle housing bolts?

Any feedback would be Appreciated!

Re: Roll cage mounting options on cast ag tractor with full frame no tie bars June 15, 2021 03:05PM
There is NO spec on how to mount it to a cast chassis but yet it's supposed to be an sfi roll cage. I am sorry to say but it depends on who you are and I know what I am talking about since the roll cage issue came up in 1998.

[sfifoundation.com]

Re: Roll cage mounting options on cast ag tractor with full frame no tie bars June 15, 2021 11:26PM
If you contact sfi, and pay for the 47.1 spec roll cage package (document), it will tell you everything you need to know about mounting and construction.

While it may not reference specifically how and where to mount the cage to every ag manufacturer type application, it most certainly does reference welding spec/fastener requirements for mounting, as well as tubing type and size spec/spacing etc.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro