Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 12:01AM
Tomah is suppose to be one of the best/biggest pulls in the country. After looking at last nights results, the NTPA has dropped the ball on it somewhere. At least half of the pro stocks only showed up because the PPL event was cancelled. Only 9 unlimited? At Tomah? Come on. A normal PPL event has 16 modifiers capable of winning an unlimited class at Tomah.

Are pulling numbers down or is the NTPA going down?

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 12:07AM
I think pulling numbers are down because of a lack of parts. I know of a drag racer who can’t get pistons and rods for at least 10 weeks. On the pulling side, I know of a guy who waited for months on parts. It is interesting that SSD4x4 only had 8 trucks but Fort Recovery had 15-18 a few weeks ago

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 12:43AM
I don't believe numbers are down with every association. The PPL hook at Fort Recovery had 25 mini, 16 mods, 17 Unl. SS and 35 Lt. PS. Same for Farley, 22 LSS, 25 mini, 14 PS 21 TWD 15 mods and 14 Unl. SS.

Having 5 Lt. Unl. Mods at Tomah is pitiful. That class should have 15 not 5.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 12:49AM
I agree with you Dick. You can’t just look at Tomah results and say numbers are down. You have to look at others to see the big picture. Which says the NTPA is failing.

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 02:37AM
A great show in my opinion other than the rain, I thought there were pretty decent numbers in most classes, yes lacking in some areas but we should be feel fortunate there is a pull at all, always lots of complaints about something but the big picture is that we are here and able to do what we love.

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 03:36AM
The prostock class is going downhill in a hurry period according to numbers at this years events

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 07:38AM
Future
The prostock class is going downhill in a hurry period according to numbers at this years events

It's been dying for at least 15 years,.....according to some on here. Eye Rolling

But,....count the new competitors in the class and also the new tractors in the class.

Maybe they chose not to go to Tomah for various reasons who really knows,..but their numbers of tractors are still strong nation wide.

When was the last time a new SSD or SSO was built or an old one sold and a new owner was currently campaigning it?

I hope this post doesn't get removed by the mods because of too many classes mentioned in one post,........Grinning

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 07:50AM
Life support
When was the last time a new SSD or SSO was built or an old one sold and a new owner was currently campaigning it?

On the smokeless side, Barga's build a second tractor last year, I believe a Massey. On the smoke side, the former Hoe Handle AC D-21 DSS of Charles Ross was ran by a Wellert last year at Lynn, IN.

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 06:40AM
theRightRearTire183
I think pulling numbers are down because of a lack of parts. I know of a drag racer who can’t get pistons and rods for at least 10 weeks. On the pulling side, I know of a guy who waited for months on parts. It is interesting that SSD4x4 only had 8 trucks but Fort Recovery had 15-18 a few weeks ago

I think part of that also has to do with location. The PPL event in OH had 17 trucks and the PPL event in WI two weeks later had 12. NTPA has lost some trucks this year (Stacey, Withrow and Kellogg that would normally pre-commit to both) but there are also a couple of us that would normally be at Tomah that are not running this year so, I think it's a combo of location, some trucks not out at all, and some trucks not running NTPA. I bet you'll see 20+ in BG though.

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 04:25AM
I was there Friday for both sessions. I was disappointed with the modified classes numbers as well. The weather might have had something to do with it. They had plenty of 2WD and gas 4WD trucks in the house, 19 minis was a low number there. The track was taking all the power and then some everyone had! Was first time in a long time that Ken Veney could not keep the handle on a tractor! Was a good show, would of been better if Boyds, Sheltons, Longs and others were there. Maybe too, it was the fact that in was not a Super Natl pull this year.. Looks like they are getting another shot of rain this morning too.

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 04:43AM
All around I thought it was good so far especially with the weather issues. A little disappointed with the unlimited and semis. Either lacked numbers or performance issues, just my opinion. This is the only time I get to see those classes I know the track was good but we're the sleds set to tight from the start for the unlimiteds or allot of rebuilds and unknowns last night?

Where ntpa lacks numbers ppl doesn't and vice versa. I thought numbers were decent. Ppl had 12 4x4 trucks last weekend? This weekend there were 34 and only a couple that were at both. I think there were 15 diesel supers Thursday night? How many unlimited supers does ppl have? On the other side diesel 4x4 yesterday was lacking a bit compared to ppl last weekend. Everyone has there favorite organization both have pros and cons. I don't think either is going anywhere anytime soon.

Just a quick constructive criticism. Anouncing could be better. Doc only gave names didn't give make model or engine builder info. Would have been nice to hear with the trucks. Allan did a bit better, he'd give make and model info with the tractors. A few times they'd anounce the vehicle while it was already pulling or after so you weren't sure who they were introducing. Didn't hear much driver specific information (what they do for a living, what they did with the time off what's new with the vehicle) or class information. Miles filled that gap a bit when he was able to talk. Would be nice to see miles get more driver interviews being down on the track or crowd reaction. Good anouncing goes a long way. Guess I'm spoiled with the Badger State anouncers. Not giving anyone a hard time just saying what some of us like to hear.

Re: Tomah Thoughts June 26, 2021 10:21AM
I agree with “mini” on the announcing points. If you are lucky enough to have a roving or on-track announcer, you should take advantage and allow him/her the opportunity to get interviews and discussion that most pulls don’t or aren’t able to have. Backstory on many pullers and their vehicles are great tidbits for those in attendance and watching livestream.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM