Disk brake residual valves June 26, 2021 06:13AM
Any experience using the 2 psi residual valves so a person doesn’t have to rely on pumping the brakes? I’m referring to the stock internal JD disk brakes. Also what’s inside the valves? Any parts that would not be hydraulic oil friendly?

Re: Disk brake residual valves June 28, 2021 03:54AM
a residual pressure valve will help solve your problem but all that are available at Jegs and Summit are for brake fluid and probably would not like hydraulic fluid only way to tell would be to take one of them apart and soak the rubber parts in hydraulic oil and see if they swell up like the old wheel cylinder cups do when washed in K! or similar solvents

Re: Disk brake residual valves June 29, 2021 07:28AM
I had given some thought to this issue in the past, but never implemented anything yet.
But, if your using external master cylinders DOT 5 brake fluid which is silicone based should be compatible with both types of rubber seals in those brake systems.
I would double check to make sure, but it should solve the rubber part issue

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520