Open post to Mike Chastain and Forrest Lucas August 24, 2009 02:51PM
I doubt if Forrest reads this board but Mike might.

Back in the TNT days, NTPA tried to run events opposite of BG. It didn't work.

Then in the late 90's, ATPA tried the same thing one year with a pull at Gaithersburg, MD (this was back when McPhersons were still running T-buckets. This may have been when USHRA was still sanctioning BG). Didn't work. I don't know if you pulled back in the '80s, but I know you were around the year Gaithersburg had a pull.

Fast forward to this year- based on reports, the crowd at Hamburg on Friday was small. It's almost a certainty the promotor didn't make the gate and concession money they were expecting. Meanwhile, the ESP pull at Pike just up the road had a wonderful crowd.

You knew your own member state ran a pull this same weekend in the vicinity for years and chose to sanction an expensive (for the promotor) pull over top of your own member state's pre-existing date. The fair dates may have moved, but they can't mandate to a sanctioning body whether or not to sanction a pull. I hope the fairbord there at Hamburg reconsiders when they want to run their event as well. Perhaps the weekday event (not same time as Pike just a few miles away) actually does work better for Hamburg's situation.

I urge you, learn from past mistakes, both your own and of others. Next year, it may be best for PPL to not sanction a Champion's Tour event the same weekend as BG, and certainly not the same weekend as their own member state's pull just a few miles away in an area where there are not an overabundance of pulling fans to begin with.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

- just a fan

Re: Open post to Mike Chastain and Forrest Lucas August 24, 2009 03:50PM
You hit the nail on the head! Too bad Mike C is probably too busy riding around on a golf cart to read this.

Re: Open post to Mike Chastain and Forrest Lucas August 25, 2009 09:20AM
Is Mike still with PPL?

Re: Open post to Mike Chastain and Forrest Lucas August 25, 2009 10:34AM
Yes he is. I would like to thank Forest for the opportunity to pull somewhere other than BG. Next year include the pro's and I'll be their. Maybe someday PPL will run BG... ya right.

Re: Open post to Mike Chastain and Forrest Lucas August 25, 2009 11:23AM
I think Forrest Lucas will do as he wants . If he decided to have an open event down the road 50 miles on the same weekend and put up 4 times the prize money and show up money for all pullers and run the same classes as BG .,I wonder if that would affect BG ? Lucas didn't get what he has by key board tractor pulls telling him what to do.

Re: Open post to Mike Chastain and Forrest Lucas August 25, 2009 11:43AM
Agreed 100% I'm pretty sure we all know what would happen.

Re: Open post to Mike Chastain and Forrest Lucas August 25, 2009 12:43PM
I don't think the promotor at Hamburg was disapointed at all. As a matter of fact he expressed his gratatude and happiness with the show during the drivers meeting on saturday.

Re: Open post to Mike Chastain and Forrest Lucas August 25, 2009 02:12PM
I think part of your point is a bit misguided. While the OSTPA is a member-state, the event at Bowling Green is NOT an OSTPA event, and thereby has no bearing on the relationship between the OSTPA and the PPL and the PPL thus did not schedule anything over an OSTPA event.

I can't for the life of me figure out why you PPL bashers get on here and cry because some of the PPL regulars didn't come to Bowling Green? Why would you care? You must think that they bring something to the table and somehow the results might look different if more PPL regulars were there...???

In any case, Bowling Green wasn't "wronged" by the PPL event in Hamburg. Everybody pulled where they wanted to, simple as that.

Re: for 007 August 25, 2009 02:43PM
The original post did not mention OSTPA.

PPL scheduled an event over their own member state, Empire State Pullers, or ESP, who have had an event at Pike, NY that is (I believe) only 30 or 40 miles away from Hamburg. Pike has had a state pull that same weekend for years. PPL had to have been aware of this.

Re: for 007 August 25, 2009 03:22PM
Fair enough, I see that they were referring to another pull in PA. Nonetheless, if you wanna be mad that there was Champ Tour event somewhere - take it up with the fairboard, not the PPL.

Re: for 007 August 25, 2009 11:51PM
The PROMOTER sets the date. The PROMOTER sets the date. The PROMOTER sets the date. Now let's review: The PROMOTER sets the date, is everbody now clear on this subject. What still not clear, ok tomorrow morning you lil boys need to get on the short bus .Grinning

Re: for 007 August 26, 2009 01:18AM
What part of BS do you not understand.
It is the sanctioning bodies representitives JOB to point out how damaging this sort of thing is. Promoters can be guided to make beter decisions on what date to have events, IF the people working for the sanctioning body WANT them to.
They can also be led to pick a certain date for whatever reasons the sanctioning body rep. wants them to, such as, putting an event on top of BG.
Don't forget to put on your helmet so you don't lick the windows.

Re: for 007 August 26, 2009 05:54AM
Hamburg had good numbers like usual in their classes. More played into the decision than you know of. So don't act like you know it all. Why would PPL be scared of having an event on top of BG? The numbers in their classes show they don't need to be worried at all. PPL did their part and brought the great group of pullers there.

Re: for 007 August 26, 2009 09:27AM
The funny thing is that the only people whining are the people that on the NTPA side of things. I noticed that the PPL pullers and fans are fine with having a hook at the same time, and maybe even expanding it next year.

Re: for 007 August 26, 2009 02:17PM
IT'S A "BG" THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!!! ENOUGH SAID!!!!

Re: for 007 August 27, 2009 11:12AM
But all the fans were at BG

Re: for instructor August 26, 2009 06:23PM
If you had checked the PPL Champions Tour schedule, you would have seen that they are booked solid from July 10-11 (Henry) through this weekend (Aug 28). To leave the weekend of Aug 21-23 open so as to not conflict with Bowling Green, means they would have had to cancel/not run one of their pulls. Also, the Erie County Fair had two major entertainment acts the weekend prior to the Hamburg pull and additional entertainment 4 of the 5 days prior, so it was probably not an option for them to have the pull on a different date.

The Erie County Fair has the dates their fair through 2020 posted on their web site. I could say that Bowling Green could plan around them, but many here would not see facetious humor in that.

Re: for instructor August 27, 2009 12:40AM
LOL! Don't go there Rocky. You're fighting a losing battle. I have wanted to jump in on this subject several times but haven't. Hamburg did the right thing as did PPL. It's a free world, have at it!

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: for instructor August 27, 2009 01:38AM
It obviously didn't hurt BG, but PPL sure stepped on their own state orginization, and doesn't seem to care.

Re: for instructor August 27, 2009 12:57PM
speaking of changing dates i see fort recovery is scheduled for end of july for the next 3 years it on their website

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009