Mercedes engines July 02, 2021 05:51AM
What is the pros and cons of mercedes engines in semi trucks?

Re: Mercedes engines July 02, 2021 10:57AM
Personally I would stay away from them. I used to drive for a company that had a lot of them and they were nothing but trouble. The check engine light stayed on constantly they wouldn’t pull your hat off of your head and they were constantly needing something. That’s just my opinion.

Re: Mercedes engines July 02, 2021 04:30PM
Work ok for city delivery or shorthaul trucks.
Usually truck can be bought cheaper with one.

Re: Mercedes engines July 02, 2021 08:51PM
JUNK.
They are either blown up, or about to blow up.
Half a step better than the Maxfarce engine.

Re: Mercedes engines July 04, 2021 02:51AM
I have worked on them for years. They are good engines. If they have a check engine light on, any good technician could diagnose it. I personally would stay away from anything newer than 06.5. But that's with any truck. 07-10 all trucks are riddled with different problems.

Re: Mercedes engines July 06, 2021 10:23AM
Good on fuel, expensive to fix no power! My cousin has one in a quad axle grain truck and one with a c12 cat rated at less horsepower. Both geared the same the cat has more power loaded then the big Mercedes does empty!

Re: Mercedes engines July 06, 2021 01:18PM
When i was in Germany a Scania was the truck to have but still woudnt run with a N14

Re: Mercedes engines July 07, 2021 04:16AM
We have had haulers with Cat, Cummins,Detroit and Mercedes. The Mercedes was about the best on fuel mileage but the least on lugging power and the engine brake is next to useless.

S'no Farmer

Re: Mercedes engines July 08, 2021 10:20PM
That's what 6 $ Gallon Diesel leads to...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2021 10:20PM by Sascha.

Re: Mercedes engines July 09, 2021 01:46AM
When we were looking for a toter we came across a lot of them. I asked around about them and got every kind of answer you could think of. As one older wrench told me if it is going to be a million mile over the road truck stay away from them. When we told him it was for hauling our pulling truck just in the summer he said not a problem. You will never put enough miles on it to wear it out.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009