Galot July 09, 2021 09:53AM
I see no Galot at Rockwell.

Re: Galot July 09, 2021 10:13AM
Great show without them. Sometimes pullers are their own worst enemies in not supporting their class at a great pull like this. Oh well.

Re: Galot July 09, 2021 10:32AM
EFI. Not legal in NTPA

Re: Galot July 09, 2021 10:49AM
Another great NTPA move I assume.

Re: Galot July 09, 2021 11:36AM
I think only one of the GALOT tractors has EFI, but I doubt you'll see them anywhere except maybe taking the non-EFI one to BG. EFI has never been legal in NTPA Open Super or Light Super. It's a fairly recent addition to PPL and it's been a struggle for most that have tried it, but it is the future direction that the sport needs to move towards.

I do think it's time to have the discussion about allowing it in the NTPA... and not just Super Stock classes. More computer controls opens some doors that are good... and some that are a concern.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2021 12:00PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Galot July 09, 2021 01:43PM
Totally agree Jake

Re: Galot July 10, 2021 12:28AM
The Galot Team was not in Rockwell due to technical difficulties. It was our full intention to be there with both tractors and
the mini. The EFI system has been working well but was removed to fit the current NTPA rules. We have made a few
small changes to both tractors otherwise and seemed to have lost some of our combination. After many days of track testing
at our shop and at Bingham's, we decided to tear completely down to find the issues. It has literally taken 30-35 passes and
hundreds of hours to find the problems.
We are still working this morning to get to the bottom of it. I for one would rather be in Rockwell.

As far as the EFI system rules are concerned, yes it is time.

As always, if there is a concern or question... give me a call and ask.

Thanks!
Brent Payne
513-756-9900

Re: Galot July 10, 2021 12:32AM
Brent, thanks for the update. I'm sure you guys will get back to the usual strong runs that the GALOT team is noted for. Looking forward to seeing them hook at BG.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Galot July 10, 2021 12:41AM
Well, I quit putting EFI on the agenda after 5 or so tries. Maybe I will do it again this year. However, as stated EFI won't be the end all right out of the box. It will take a little time to get it to work in pulling applications. JW

Re: Galot July 10, 2021 01:38AM
Let's see....screw compressors, which won't be used in every class with spark plugs are a bad idea.
They increase cost and reduce number of competitors . The old " money class " complaint is what
opponents of them say. EFI,which will affect every class with spark plugs, are an idea whose "time has come" ???!!!
Crow,anyone ?

Re: Galot July 10, 2021 02:37AM
So instead of having a good conversation you just want to try and sling mud and act like I'm eating crow. Got it. Maybe you should re-read my comments (read the words that are actually there and not what words you “think” I said.

I've argued in the past that if screw blowers are good for one/two classes they should be good in ALL blower classes. If they are good for the "Unlimited" Mod classes then why not allow them in the Twd? Why not the Minis? Why not the regular Mod class? I'm 100% for allowing them (in ALL blower classes) if the organizations can find a way for them to not have a huge performance advantage. If that means more restrictive overdrive limits to make it so they don't have an unfair advantage over the roots blowers then we should allow them in ALL the blower classes. The current rules do not do that. Currently screw blowers just make more power, and I don't think that should be the only factor in making rules (I still think the classes need less power... not more).

(Side note: NO ONE has ever said they added anything to the classes other than just adding power, again as I’ve said repeatedly in the past if they have other added value then please share because what’s “good” for the sport is about more than just horsepower.)

I've stated that exact same opinion numerous times in the past:
[www.pulloff.com]
[www.pulloff.com]
[www.pulloff.com]
(you can do a Search on this website and use the term “screw blowers” and “Jake Morgan” as the author and you can find every single comment I’ve ever made about screw blowers).

As for EFI... like I said in my previous comments, it's time to have the discussion and weigh the Pros and Cons. NO WHERE did I say it's "an idea whose "time has come"”. Not once did I say that. I said it's time to have a discussion. I said it’s the direction the sport needs to move towards (I even used the word future to leave it ambiguous)… but NO WHERE did I say now is the time to change the rules. You're either intentionally twisting my words or you've misinterpreted them. Again, it's time to have a serious discussion about how to overcome the Cons of EFI and whether the Pros are worth the rule change.

If you want to have a serious discussion about EFI please feel free, we can start a new thread (this thread is supposed to be about the GALOT team). Personally I think it’s a topic the motorsport needs to address. If you want to talk about screw blowers feel free to start a new thread about that as well, I think it’s also a topic that we should address.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009