Langford July 10, 2021 04:57AM
What a pain in the butt NYS and Erie county have been. It’s good to see they guys in Langford being able to go on with their pull for the 75th anniversary! According to chairmen and the Facebook page they had already downsized the show because they didn’t know if the state was going to restrict crowd size. A two day NTPA event wasn’t possible with less than full attendance and did what was best for the non -profit, it is a fund raiser. For a small fire dept they sure do put on a great event. The event post says Saturday will be a tractor show and stock tractor pull. Sunday will be a full day of Full Pull Productions and Outlaw Pulling Series. I just want a chicken dinner!!

Re: Langford July 11, 2021 04:23AM
Good chance you can be first in line

Re: Langford July 11, 2021 06:48AM
Why would you want to boycott Langford? Its always a great show even before NTPA took all their money?

Re: Langford July 12, 2021 12:14AM
There is a great relationship with Langford and the NTPA. Date changes with events that follow the Labor Day fair schedule effected what classes were available. Longer tenure events (Fort Recovery and the event in Kentucky) that moved their dates had priority and Langford was working around it keeping the 75 year tradition of the first Sunday in August. New York State dragging their feet isn’t he reason the pulling chairmen decided to put the show together based on less than full capacity crowds. Once again if you are here to talk smack, like on every other post, about all volunteer, non profit events, post your name.

Re: Langford July 12, 2021 12:19PM
Now why wouldn't they want ESP in there? I herd it's a board member that pushed for a different organization but maybe it's just rumors. I think thats a possibly why people will be boycotting but that's just my opinion. I could see why people would be upset if that's the case. Either way it is for a good cause and it's to benefit the fire department at the end of the day.

Re: Langford July 13, 2021 01:21AM
Once again we have many friends and a good relationship with ESP. What has always been a turnoff was the way PPL has handled sanctioning fees and insurance for multi day events and ESP was always reluctant to work with other local pulling organizations to put on the show a promoter wanted to have. FPP and Richard Love have given us the flexibility we wanted. There is nothing personal, it’s just business. When an event wants more hours worth of a show than an organization has equipment to fill other avenues need to be explored and Langford isn’t afraid to explore them. Even when numbers locally were low and the event was co-sanctioned with NYTPA we felt that the class numbers didn’t relate to the bill that needed to be paid after. There are many successful events in WNY, Alexander fireman’s pull for example. Top notch, we support everybody keeping pulls alive. Langford just dares to be different and that’s what makes it the destination that it is.

Saturday night’s farm stock show will be a good time. 4500-6500 will hook to the Patriot Pulling Series mini sled, Thanks to Faron Reding and Hubner Seeds. 8500 and up will hook to Logan’s Decision Maker. Event is posted on Langford’s FB page with the rules.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro