Electric hydraulic pump for water injection July 15, 2021 09:45AM
Has anyone had any luck buying a 12v electric hydraulic pump to use as a water injection pump? Have tried a 0.5 gpm and 2.0 gpm pump but can't get the volume I want. Thought the 2.0 gpm would but volume and flow didn't increase. Thinking the clearance in the gears is too much for water.

I might have to bite the bullet and buy a real water injection pump but hoping someone could chime in. Only looking for 32 oz in 15 seconds.

Re: Electric hydraulic pump for water injection July 15, 2021 11:17AM
i think ours is a snowplow pump. works good

Re: Electric hydraulic pump for water injection July 15, 2021 11:33AM
Scheids electric water system will get you there
With there valve
You can get about 700psi ..pump tank and all
Little pricey but works

Re: Electric hydraulic pump for water injection July 15, 2021 11:34AM
Would you happen to have a link or a picture? I'm assuming the snow plow pump looks more like a FVP electric pump than a single acting pump off Ebay.

Re: Electric hydraulic pump for water injection July 15, 2021 12:51PM
Grainger has same pump as as fvp.
If your looking for quick fast and no hassle for small ounces , use the scheid one. You'll save yourself the headache.
You can also run a mechanical hydraulic pump . You can use a Vickers vane pump . They are about 3-400$.
Run it off the front of the engine and use a love joy coupler. You can get the love joy couplers at tractor supply . Only problem is mounting the pump. It takes some time if you have room up front .

Re: Electric hydraulic pump for water injection July 15, 2021 01:31PM
The Schied kit looks like the one I have now. To get the pressure i want I can only get about 20 Oz.

Re: Electric hydraulic pump for water injection July 16, 2021 01:55PM
I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish or what pressure you need . But regardless, you need a valve to get the pressure up on any pump .
If you have the schied pump , no problem getting 32 ounces at 600psi .
If your looking for 1200 psi..and up you'll have to get a Simpson valve with a vane pump ..or the pump like fvp has on there site ...or Grainger.
Not sure what more to tell you . There is other companies that have other water systems..but I can't help you other than the advice I've given .

I would start by asking the question..and telling how many ounces you need at what pressure .
That will get u the most help

Re: Electric hydraulic pump for water injection July 15, 2021 01:34PM
Run 24volts to the pump.

Re: Electric hydraulic pump for water injection July 16, 2021 04:22PM
I got 2 that’s puts 40-50oz a pass with 3 nozzle each for $350 a piece

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,703, Posts: 229,804, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member CBeard