Metzger's kaboom July 19, 2021 08:57AM
Metzger explosion

I don't get to see the Alcoholic Harvester live often (though I believe they were at Lynn, IN last year), but one reason I like this team is they run mostly state hooks in OSTPA, yet when they do show up at the occassional PPL pull or Bowling Green, they normally run well against the GN/CT tractors.

Sorry to see this happen (video link above). If anyone from the Metzger team is on here, I'm thankful everyone was ok, and hope you have a spare engine and are able to run again this season.

If not, look forward to seeing your tractor in 2022.

Michael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2021 09:24AM by The Original Michael.

Wonder who put that motor together July 19, 2021 01:04PM
Wonder who put that motor together, if they did it themselves or their builder? Sounded like it was fighting itself on the line, like maybe the crank and rods were riding against bearings due to lack of oil clearance. If lack of oil clearance was the issue probably had a rod seize and thus the big boom! Hate to see that for anyone.

Re: Wonder who put that motor together July 20, 2021 06:55AM
You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about , the block literally split in half likely due to boost pressure over many runs …

Re: Wonder who put that motor together July 20, 2021 11:57AM
I was standing right there when it happened and it was bad
He told me there was probably one hundred passes on that block so that’s probably more than can be expected of a block

Re: Wonder who put that motor together July 23, 2021 03:35AM
LMAO Typical engineer. Looking thru the engine block to see the oil clearances. GTFOH Eye Rolling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009