Dump Valve August 03, 2021 06:51AM
I have a Enderle 3 way valve I am using for a dump valve on a diesel tractor. It has #8 fitting and #6 for the return. It leaks diesel out of the return port when running. Are these valves made for diesel and what is the pressure rating? I have called Enderle with no success.

Re: Dump Valve August 04, 2021 08:10AM
You have a bad o-ring in your valve. Order a new o-ring kit and replace them. I have replace o-rings several times over the years of pulling.

Re: Dump Valve August 04, 2021 09:01AM
I think this is what he is talking bout. I’m having the same issue.

Re: Dump Valve August 04, 2021 11:48PM
We have the same one and leaks as well. Right from brand new.......

Re: Dump Valve August 05, 2021 01:58AM
Mine is leaking internally out the return port. Its the botton T port. Leaves a puddle on the trailer floor and ground. I found out there are 2 seal materials and one doest like diesel. This is a brand new valve I installed this spring. Are they easy to rebuild?

Re: Dump Valve August 05, 2021 08:23AM
Ours did same thing, got a new one did it as soon as we put it on. After talking to people we plumbed the dump port back to the tank

Re: Dump Valve August 05, 2021 01:58AM
Mine is leaking internally out the return port. Its the botton T port. Leaves a puddle on the trailer floor and ground. I found out there are 2 seal materials and one doest like diesel. This is a brand new valve I installed this spring. Are they easy to rebuild?

Re: Dump Valve August 06, 2021 12:54AM
If you haven’t already done so you should definitely plumb that back into the tank, it’ll be one epic mess if you or someone accidentally throws the valve while it’s running. Might even avoid a hazmat situation.

The enderle 3 way valve is basically a barrel valve. The only seal is two o rings on the end caps and one on the shaft seal. The barrel itself is a close fit, but there will be some leakage to the return port as the barrel itself has no seal between the ports. This allows the valve to have almost no friction and be easily pulled with no effort in an emergency. Other styles of 3 way valves have a ball in them and have seals internally, they tend to be more difficult to operate due to internal friction.

Of the 3 o rings, 2 are the same size, the small shaft seal o ring is the first to go. Super easy to rebuild.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,646, Posts: 229,713, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520